Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 9:02:24 PM EDT
Anyone have any?  How reliable?  How much should a guy pay for them?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
According to the Mag-FAQ they are junk and should be avoided.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard that they are great if you clean off all cosmoline and lube them up good.  Maybe they require alittle tweaking, but does anyone else know anything?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They're anything but "great". Kind of like investing in a big, heavy weight for your AR, that in order to loose weight requires constant coddling, and tuning.

If you really want a working drum, get a c-mag. If you don't mind playing with it, get a Chinese.

Meplat
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]
all i can say is stay away from Chinese made drum mags. they are absolute garbage
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had all 3 types of drums (Chinese,MWG & Beta-c) at one point in time, and the only one worth having if you want a drum is the Beta-C. I never had a problem with the functioning of the drum with the Beta-C drums. You get what you pay for in this case.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread exists:

[url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=198471]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=198471[/url]

And yes I still love my Chi-com 120 drum.

Edit: Oops - didn't make the link hot!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot about 1200 rounds thru my chink drum, always ran flawless.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top