Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 3:44:11 AM EDT
Can anyone fill me in on rules and laws regarding pre and post ban status of feed towers on betas?? I have some one selling extra feedtowers no LEO markings , must a feed towers have any certain markings >???
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as the feed tower is for the same gun that the beta mag was sold for it's just a replacement part and you can have as many as you like. If you change it to fit a different rifle say like the original was for a ar15 and you put a feed tower on it for say a hk 93 that would be a no no. Just to add I don't have a clue if you could actually swap a feed tower from a ar15 beta to the hk 93, it's just an example.. :)
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
why is swapping feed towers a No No ???
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Same as modifying a hicap mag to fit another weapon, when it won't fit the original one any longer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How can that be if all parts or weapons  are pre-ban ????
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
1994 crime bill, it's illegal to modify a preban hicap if it no longer fits into it's original weapon. Beta mags as far as I know only had colt ar-15 type preban mags. No mp5/hk94 type betas were preban, etc.

Of course the law allows you to repair a preban mag with new parts, as long as it continues to function in the weapon it was designed for.

If you do modify a preban mag to fit a new weapon (and it no longer works in the original) you are manufacturing a 'new' hicap mag and it's illegal according to the 94 crime bill.

Get it now?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
what happens if it works perfectly in both weapons like a hk-93 and colt ar-15
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as it still works in the original you're good to go.. But, ar mags don't work in a hk 93.. so, it's no good. What are you wanting to do? You can change the broken feed towers to a preban beta if that's all you need. But, you can't use a new feed tower for a hk 93 on a preban beta mag for an ar-15.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
what if You use a pre-ban feed tower for a hk-93 ??
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think there were any.. but, if you did have one will it then still work in the ar15?

No, so it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
what I'm trying to say here is I have a pre-ban AR beta, and I believe there was pre-ban Hk-33Feed towers the predecessor to the HK-93, and that feed tower will fit a HK-93, is that Ok ?? it's all pre-ban
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#11]
The feed tower itself is not considered a hicap according to the 94 crime bill, so.. if you take a hk feed tower and put it on a 'ar15' pre-ban beta mag and it no longer works in the ar15 with that tower it would be illegal. I'm no expert on this, it's been discussed over and over here, just do some searching.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top