Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 10:46:55 AM EDT
What is the penalty for possesing LEO mags?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:12:50 AM EDT
It's a felony under federal law. I'm not sure of the class of the offense, or the sentencing guidelines -- I imagine it would depend a lot on the circumstances and any other concurrent charges. For example, a police officer in the midwest is presently awaiting trial for buying LEO mags and giving/selling them to four of his friends. If convicted, he faces 40 years in prison. If an individual were caught with a single LEO mag and the arresting officers could not find a single other offense to charge him, he could probably hire a really good (read: expensive) attorney and get off with a suspended sentence. Of course, he would also forever be a convicted felon and never again be allowed to even hold, much less own or fire, any gun. Period.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:55:50 AM EDT
Thanks for the info Tony. Don't think I'll be doing any of that. Damn, I hope the ban sunsets.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:07:59 PM EDT
I hear ya!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:35:51 PM EDT
I have been told that the sentence for possessing LEO/MIL mags is as follows, 5 year federal prision term and a fine not to excede $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars) for each magazine possessed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:45:43 PM EDT
Wow. Another reason this is a stupid law.
Top Top