Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:34:56 AM EDT
I first disassembled the magazine, cleaned it thoroughly with Simple Green and water, and used a paper towel to dry it completely. I then cranked the oven up, and set it at 300 degrees. I sprayed the mag with Brownell's Teflon/Moly oven cure gun finish. I used two thin coats, and let each dry before proceeding. I then put the mag in the center of the oven, standing on end, and left it there for 1/2 hour. It turned out nicely. The Brownell's stuff was on sale last week, so I bought some Parkerizing gray, and OD green. I did this first one in gray. I really am happy with how it turned out. I think all of them will get this treatment. I'm gonna tackle my Robar next, when I get the spray technique down pat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good results with the Teflon/Moly from Brownells.  I used "Dark Parkerizing Gray" which looks just like the original USGI finish.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top