User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

The ammo is definitely sub MOA, at least for me it was in my 16" WOA.  Barrel might not like the ammo.
View Quote

Yes, I'm getting sub MOA. 1.75" at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

The ammo is definitely sub MOA, at least for me it was in my 16" WOA.  Barrel might not like the ammo.
View Quote

1.75" at 200yards is 0.84MOA and at 200yard with more chance for the wind or environment to affect it, that's a killer group IMO for ammo this cheap.

I've got a bunch of 77gr SMK and I want to get some of the 77gr AAC bullet loads to try in my SR15 (not a precision rifle, but can usually hold 1MOA or sub with certain ammo types) and see how bad I am at shooting groups!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My bad. Misread the distance.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#4]
Just happened to be looking for black hills OTM and discovered these. Going to run it through my WOA SPR and see what it does. This barrel was churning clover leafs with the black hills 77gr. OTM. Curious to see what it does, I'd be impressed if it punches an inch. I'm going to run these side by side some Federal SMK 77 grain and black hills 77 OTM to compare. Some wolf gold too.

For those interested there's a daily deal @ 10.99 right now. Just bought a dozen boxes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
Just happened to be looking for black hills OTM and discovered these. Going to run it through my WOA SPR and see what it does. This barrel was churning clover leafs with the black hills 77gr. OTM. Curious to see what it does, I'd be impressed if it punches an inch. I'm going to run these side by side some Federal SMK 77 grain and black hills 77 OTM to compare. Some wolf gold too.

For those interested there's a daily deal @ 10.99 right now. Just bought a dozen boxes.
View Quote

Let us know how it does.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
How does the SigSaurer 5.56 77-grain OTM fall into the discussion on 77-grain OTM rounds?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jman_JJE:

About 10 days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NorCalRT:

Early this month or later? So I know when to be on the look out.

About 10 days

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geronimo509] [#8]
YouTuber garand thumb said something about 1/2 moa groups and a super low standard deviation from the 77 OTM.   He is sponsored by AAC ammo though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]

We are making it, this week we sent some out to third parties for testing. One of those parties is in this thread. If all goes well it will be available for sale on the web site this week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought 100 rounds of their 75 grain stuff. I'm rebarelling one of my guns and figured I'd give that shit a shot and see what it will do. "Match grade" at 60cpr seems unlikely. But we'll see. Honestly, with my old eyes and a 3X acog, nothing is likely to be impressive
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:05:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorCalRT] [#13]

We are making it, this week we sent some out to third parties for testing. One of those parties is in this thread. If all goes well it will be available for sale on the web site this week.
View All Quotes

Fingers crossed for it dropping soon, I am legit excited for this one.

Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

Send me some

I'll be ordering some when it's out. TMK is my absolute favorite. First time shooting 900 yards with 556 i used 77gr TMKs and it was actually a first round hit

Same fren, the potential for a cheaper TMK round that I can practice regularly with has me pretty stoked. Plus Black Hills has been absolutely unobtanium lately.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:10:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mustangduckk] [#14]
5-shot group from 700 yesterday. About 12”, didn’t bring a tape measure. 16” G Super Duty with a QD Can, 2-10 Trij Credo, bipod and sandbag. Mirage was a factor.

For 61 cpr delivered, I’m more than impressed.  

I’ve already bought 2k, I’ll be buying a lot more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mustangduckk:

5-shot group from 700 yesterday. About 12”, didn’t bring a tape measure. 16” G Super Duty with a QD Can, 2-10 Trij Credo, bipod and sandbag. Mirage was a factor.

For 61 cpr, I’m more than impressed.  

I’ve already bought 2k, I’ll be buying a lot more.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236406/B5728724-4B0D-4E69-978B-C68347D44C64_jpe-2802076.JPG
View Quote

Very nice. Take out the low one and the vertical dispersion looks really good.

PS That steel has seen some overtime.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Its back in stock at PSA, I just picked up 13 boxes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]
While I had bad luck with my 1st batch, I'm buying a new set to test out and see if I have any better luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
While I had bad luck with my 1st batch, I'm buying a new set to test out and see if I have any better luck.
View Quote

If you can find a means of shipping the ammo, I’d be willing to have some fresh ammo drop shipped to you as a replacement. I’m genuinely curious how it would perform in my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:57:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#20]
I'd be interested in sending the otm through a gel block to compare to the smk. I have a clear block  and plenty of black hills 77gr to use as a control group. If anybody is in sw michigan and already has the ammo and wants to do science let me know
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered 200 rounds to see what's the fuss is about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: horstie] [#22]
delete
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
I'd be interested in sending the otm through a gel block to compare to the smk. I have a clear block  and plenty of black hills 77gr to use as a control group. If anybody is in sw michigan and already has the ammo and wants to do science let me know
View Quote

@hoody2shoez come to the below thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Omg-gun-thread-in-GD-a-couple-of-Gel-shots-edit-come-in-and-pick-the-next-thing-to-shoot-it-with/5-2640507/
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

DC Machine barrel ( PSA's barrel maker ), barrel was fouled, and hot. 5.56 77gr OTM straight off the production line ( as it was dropping out of the machine )

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171545/IMGPSA_1588-2805175.jpg

After I got home , I ordered more of the 77gr OTM.

I have to go to work, but I figured you'all would be interested.  ( I have currently picked up that "you'all"phrase from SC ...

View Quote

Thanks for sharing your experience. I need to get one or two of their barrels to try out. Looks like they are well on their way to be a one stop shop for affordable precision for the masses.

Y’all don’t have pleasant colloquial terms in your neck of the woods?

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking forward to this well priced 77gr OTM and I'm curious to see the 77gr TMK numbers.  I'm an IMI 77gr guy right now (for my 5.56's that are never shot), but this ammo might force to do some upgrades (or a new build) to either my 16", or build an 18" 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#27]
Did PSA step up their shipping game? Dang that was very fast to ship.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
Did PSA step up their shipping game? Dang that was very fast to ship.
View Quote

Not from my recent experience
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#29]
77 grain otm in to gel.

Thread is here and in GD
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/PSA-77-grain-otm-gel-shot/5-2643179/

ammunition forum thread
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/PSA-77-grain-otm-gel-shot/16-780389/
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:23:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#30]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#31]

FWIW... picked up by the various shippers, regardless of how many packages are waiting on the various pallets.... leaves the same day.

Other wise, the shippers would have a lot of pallets of packages to pick up, everyday.

I have seen the various shippers be a major factor in delivery times. In my neck of the woods, the USPS is quickest by far,  UPS is constantly the slowest ( and has delivered numerous packages to the completely wrong address ) , and FedEx is in between.
View Quote

Ordered on the 4th, shipping label created on the 5th, it's already left and is past Tennessee right now on the 6th.

The Palmetto I remember would take weeks to even ship. Never was a deal breaker, but this is definitely going to bring me back now as a regular customer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:13:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#32]
Originally Posted By Geronimo509:
YouTuber garand thumb said something about 1/2 moa groups and a super low standard deviation from the 77 OTM.   He is sponsored by AAC ammo though.
View Quote

I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth and this statement here proves it. It's a business. Do you think he would be making all these videos for free? It's a full time job. He'll sit there and praise SOLGW uppers and barrels like they are the end all / be all and not mention a damn thing about needing to buy 10 of them just to find one that barely shoots MOA. Then a year later, he does his own overpriced colab with SOLGW (TF69) build. It's pretty obvious what's going on. He's going to state that his only affiliation with AAC is they "provide him ammo for testing". He will talk it up for a few months about how great it is, then AAC will start doing major drops of inventory, and ultimately after they build it up....GT will start collecting royalty payments after AAC is no longer officially advertising on his channel. That way at the time of the videos, he's not lying by stating there is "no monetary involvement".
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
He's going to state that his only affiliation with AAC is they "provide him ammo for testing".
View Quote

The simple fact that someone accepts free ammunition from the manufacturer, wholesaler/retailer of that ammunition, calls into question the veracity of any claims that person makes about that ammunition.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Molon:

The simple fact that someone accepts free ammunition from the manufacturer, wholesaler/retailer of that ammunition, calls into question the veracity of any claims that person makes about that ammunition.

View Quote

Do you have any plans to test this brand at some point, to confirm or bust?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#35]

View All Quotes

I haven't decided yet.  I've developed a pretty low tolerance for ammunition companies that use their paying customers as guinea pigs.  

Member 5RWill posted some data for the AAC 75 grain fired from his mk12 Mod H :  blown primers, excessive velocities and velocity extreme spread of 262 FPS.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#36]

I haven't decided yet.  I've developed a pretty low tolerance for ammunition companies that use their paying customers as guinea pigs.  

Member 5RWill posted some data for the AAC 75 grain fired from his mk12 Mod H :  blown primers, excessive velocities and velocity extreme spread of 262 FPS.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/img_7223-jpeg.8136467/

View Quote

Last time I saw numbers like that, a friend had some Frontier M193 from the very first lot that came out, and they were popping primers. We pulled the rest and the charges were all over the place with some appearing to be at or past max in Hornady and Sierra manuals to cross reference.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Last time I saw numbers like that,
View All Quotes

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/img_7223-jpeg.8136467/

Last time I saw numbers like that,

The last time that I saw numbers like that, it was from a 24" test barrel and this is what happened when that ammo was fired from my AR-15 . . .

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#38]

The last time that I saw numbers like that, it was from a 24" test barrel and this is what happened when that ammo was fired from my AR-15 . . .

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/berger_kaboom_casehead_letters_01-2021963.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/berger_blow_out_pressure_data_table_001c-2709814.jpg

View Quote
and to Lapua brass too, ouch.

When it arrives I am going to take the ammo and set it aside untouched for some time, to see if there's a recall or not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#39]
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#40]
5rwill is the only one to see an ES like that so far.
Id like to see it verified by another personally.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Saddlerocker:
View Quote

You own a chronograph and wiling to take that challenge instead of expecting another to risk it? Sounds like you should.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Bottom line for me... I ordered more of the AAC 77gr OTM 5.56 load.

View Quote

Same here. It’s a very affordable option that has great performance. Many of the other match/precision rounds are anemic. With these rds going just under 2800fps in my 18” AR’s, I have a viable option for stretching out my AR’s with increased confidence. I haven’t experienced any of the high pressure issues some have noted in my hundreds of rds fired thus far, but if they can get this to a consistent 2750-2775fps and mitigate the dinged cases further (so far I’ve seen less with the newer lots), it’ll be hard to purchase anything else. It’s proven to shoot to my expectations in several gas guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m sure it’s been covered but can someone hit me with the difference between the Sierra marked box that’s $5 more than the cheaper “OTM”?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I’m sure it’s been covered but can someone hit me with the difference between the Sierra marked box that’s $5 more than the cheaper “OTM”?
View Quote

The otm smk has 77smk’s loaded. The precision OTM has an AAC 77gr projectile.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#45]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Saddlerocker:
View Quote

I'm not the only one, read it before I even tested it (i think on the hide) last weekend and was hopeful it was a fluke. Wasn't for me unfortunately. I'll see if my 14.5" behaves the same way when I can get some more range time. We're on trauma this month so I'm going to be busy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Last time I saw numbers like that, a friend had some Frontier M193 from the very first lot that came out, and they were popping primers. We pulled the rest and the charges were all over the place with some appearing to be at or past max in Hornady and Sierra manuals to cross reference.
View Quote

How do you know what powder they used or lot of powder? I'm not sure how anybody could tell u less the manufacturer told them and I've never seen one that would. Most use their own blend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:05:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#48]
Originally Posted By 1Coyote-conquest:

How do you know what powder they used or lot of powder? I'm not sure how anybody could tell u less the manufacturer told them and I've never seen one that would. Most use their own blend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Coyote-conquest:

*you

Moot really, they were still over charged based on the chrono and the charge weights not being roughly the same. Plus this wasn't unheard of, one Google search shows that this wasn't just experienced by me at all so we need to focus on that. If you do not want to then I will not enable this slide then. Have a good day.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#49]
So are y’all seeing any cases that AREN’T dented to shit? My shipment that came in today is dented in at least one spot on every round.

Much worse than anything I’ve ever seen from bulk Federal XM193
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:05:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#50]
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top