Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2017 10:14:18 PM EDT
For AR 10: Looking at some surplus 7.62x51 DAG  and S.African Battlepacks I have a chance to buy/load up on, that I would shoot with minimal issues for practice - and 3 MOA is OK ... want some on hand and if both are GTG then I will go that direction.

Any issues, and these both GTG or just hold out for some Radway Green ??

Many THANK  YOUs.  MM
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are GTG, SA is pretty dirty.  I've put 4-5k of the SA down range, oh for the days when it was 18 cents per round!
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both are GTG, SA is pretty dirty.  I've put 4-5k of the SA down range, oh for the days when it was 18 cents per round!
View Quote
Thanks !

Accuracy OK ?   And  $.50 ok for what is left around these days ?   You like the DAG better ?

Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get boxer primed 7.62 for about $.50 per these days, and berdan Malaysian for $.41rd. delivered.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can get boxer primed 7.62 for about $.50 per these days, and berdan Malaysian for $.41rd. delivered.
View Quote
Yes, and tried both ppu @ $.55 and sgammo Malaysian at .37, and they shot very well, with the malaysian about 1.1 inch at 50 yards offhand  over my range bag. Was happy with that and functioned 100%. And I have a lot.

But, the reason I am asking is I have not tried the DAG and SA, which have  dried up, and I have a chance at some.
Past the ppu, and Hirtenberger i have coming, the other choices we all can get are $.55 -.75 and higher + ship, unless it is steel.

I agree, but wanted some advice before I bought up a local stash of Dag and SA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

get the dag/mem

MAL>RG >SA
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

get the dag/mem

MAL>RG >SA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

get the dag/mem

MAL>RG >SA
That was the Answer I was looking for - have a chance at quite a bit so I appreciate the lead.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Am working on finishing off my last case of SA 80.  While good deal at the time, it is dirty and get occasional misfires from it.  It be old, for the original quality level.  My FAL likes it, nothing else.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is the DAG the "sanitized" stuff with the "This is German military surplus believed to be 1990s vintage, however the headstamp has been 'sanitized' by machining out the markings as shown in the picture." ?

If it is... SGAmmo just got some back in stock.... 20rd boxes or by the case.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-win-762x51-ammo/1000-round-case-308-win-148-grain-fmj-german-military-surplus-ammo-am203
View Quote
No sir,  it is not the sanitized ammo that SG ammo currently has back in stock, it is part of an old but well stored stash that included the South African 1980 (07/81  on each box in the battlepack).
Some mild corrosion as is typical for DAG in those cardboard boxes  but the rounds look brand new otherwise  and a couple brish strokes with wire brush took off  all of tiny spots of corrosion.
Glad to have the DAG and this is no big deal.

I bought a load of this DAG 1994, plus the South African, at the modest sum of
  $.40 per round.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Coming from you, thanks for the advice here.

Nice shooting!

I just got my Gen 2 PA 10 and surprised how accurate it is, slow fire that is.

I like it enough to hand over large sums for large sums of surplus DAG, Malaysian and S.African + Hirtenberger coming.

How did you rapid fire this group ??:

Lots of recoil, nice in its own way, but do you use  Special buffer and/or  your uncanny shooting skills ??  ??

Thank you sir !
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Bfoosh06,  any experience with the Hirtenberger Austrian or Malaysian and the Criterion?

And,  what are the specs and source on that SLR... and Criterion? (??)

Thank you on the recoil advice on the PSA PA10 that  is in need of taming !

"Rapid-fire" is not in the cards on this one until I pick up the SLR  adj gas block you recomm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top