AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 4:31:18 PM EDT
Wheres the best place to get it??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Natchez has XM855PD for $189/1,000.

Linky.

You could try Ammoman.com; but wait, he's been booted from dealer status on this board....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wheres the best place to get it??

I see it at gunshows frequently, but the price has gotten rather high. Still available though. Call around to your local shops and see if either they have some, or if they will order it for you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Check this link for updated price and where to buy.

Linky to ammo review

As for LC brand ammo... just remember you have 3 choice.

1) Frontline (best) EX: 855 green-tip [ADCO or Ammoman carry these NIB]

2) Factory second (better) EX: XM193/855 [These are the Federal brown box or Winchester white box]

3) Factory reject (ok) EX:XM193/855PD [bulk package 'For Training Only' ]

IMHO, get 1 & 2 for safe keeping, get 3 for plinking or range time.  You can also get Wolf for range work, it's a little cheaper than PD stuff and it's new.  At least with the Wolf stuff, you don't have to check every round.

Someone tell me if I missed any of the main points.

~nb  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Linky to ammo review

2) Factory second (better) EX: XM193/855 [These are the Federal brown box or Winchester white box]

IMHO, get 1 & 2 for safe keeping, get 3 for plinking or range time.  You can also get Wolf for range work, it's a little cheaper than PD stuff and it's new.  At least with the Wolf stuff, you don't have to check every round.

~nb  

The public is not allowed to buy LC front line, tier 1, military surplus or whatever you want to call it ammo.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
So this stuff isn't frontline stuff?  They sure aren't XM or PD stuff.... while seller may not call it frontline ammo, but you are getting it

Ammoman has is on stripper in bandoleer and ADCO has it in box.

NOTE: forgot to note in my orginal post that it's WC not LC.

~nb
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Mirage has M855 on strippers in cardboard sleeves in bandoleers for 9.00 less delivered.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky to ammo review

~nb  

The public is not allowed to buy LC front line, tier 1, military surplus or whatever you want to call it ammo.  

I agree with BSTOCK.  Lake City ONLY makes ammo for the Government (it's a Gov't-owned plant), i.e., there is no surplus. LCAAP only makes ammo for which the Gov't provides it funds and only accepts the "Grade 1" ammo.  What we get are the rejects the Gov't will not accept (XM and XM-PD ammo).

If someone is TRUELY selling "Grade 1" ammo, it would be very interesting to know how that person came about obtaining it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with both "BSTOCK" and "P-245". Lake City ONLY makes ammo for the Government. What we get are the rejects the Gov't will not accept. Because President Clinton signed an EO stating that the military CAN NOT sell any surplus ammo, once they have taken possession of it. Plus right now LCAAP can not keep up with the demand of the pending government contracts, so Winchester and some others ammo manufacturers have been awarded government contracts to help fill-in the grap.

IIRC & IMHO the above pictures submitted by "NewbieDave" are of Winchester (WCC) ammo, and not Lake City ammo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]
"Because President Clinton signed an EO stating that the military CAN NOT sell any surplus ammo, once they have taken possession of it. "

I read through his executive orders (they are online).  I've asked this question many times before and never gotten an answer - which executive order states this?  I did not find one that did.

Is this like the bullet tumbling in flight and the "made by Mattel" statements?

G
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh Yeah!  Another TIER QUEER THREAD!

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top