Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:30:34 AM EDT
Grrrrrr,

I was in a rush yesterday doing errands before going to the range.  I picked up a "brick" of American Eagle .22 shells.  I got to the range and finished up my partial carton of Fed Lightnings and dug into the new brick.  

After I opened it I see that the damn "brick" only contains 400 cartridges.  I feel like I've been butt raped.  That's a 20% loss.

I had CCI blazers in my hand but switched last second because I saw the AE's were plated.  They were the same price per "brick" but not the same if I read the fricken box.

Damn all cheating penny pinching marketing scum.  I put a pox on ye and I hope you suffer from AIDS, bird flu, herpes, gout, cancer, halitosis, and any other god damned malady I can think of.  and those that I can't either.  Bastards

I think I'll quit buying Federal  Cartridge Company products for awhile.  I usually buy 2 or 3 cases of .40, a couple cases of .223, at least 8 bricks of .22s in the summer.  These are the same bastards that sell the 20 round shotshell boxes that screw young kids over trying to shoot skeet or trap for the first time.  

I think we ought to do what britain did with the pint glass of beer dammit.  Legal standards, It's for the kids you know.

SoS
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I noticed that awhile ago.  You know who else pulls this crap?  Coffee.  When you get those foil bags of either grounfr or whole bean, they're 12oz, not 1 lb.  But now it's even worse, several of them only package 11oz.  It's a rip.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
These things happen!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I remember when coffee companies started doing that.  And then there were the coors light cans that were lighter than everyone elses.  And some deli meats being priced on the half pound versus others priced on the entire pound.  

More things to cheat you on.  Grrrrrr.  

WTF?  Caveat emptor

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You're gonna have to start reading and doing math now, kinda like buying beer.

6 pack, 12, 10, 18, 24,30, 36,  48 per case.  They do this for the unwashed who cannot read or do math, or who are too lazy to .  Think about it.

I saw the 400 pack at Wally World and told them to put it back and get me the right one, the 550 for the SAME DAMN PRICE.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I also think the marketing kinda sucks,but the boxes are fairly well marked and I do like the ammo itself.I find it shoots far better than the rem gb or any of the bulk stuff,(as it should because it really is a tier up in price).
I myself find the ultra cheep bulk 22's to be not worth messing with unless you just want to make some noise,I don't need crappy ammo to shoot bad- I can do that all by myself!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I also think the marketing kinda sucks,but the boxes are fairly well marked and I do like the ammo itself.I find it shoots far better than the rem gb or any of the bulk stuff,(as it should because it really is a tier up in price).
I myself find the ultra cheep bulk 22's to be not worth messing with unless you just want to make some noise,I don't need crappy ammo to shoot bad- I can do that all by myself!

I know I know I did it to myself through haste.  I use the cheapo stuff for off hand rifle practice.  For that I can't see the difference.  I've never been a great offhand shooter.  I have CCI stuff, and remington target for more serious work.  I hear wolf .22 target is outstandingly accurate.  I have to pick some up to try it.  (the .22 league shooters are using that over CCI green tag!!!!)

SoS
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Blame yourelf, Federal Cartridge produced a box of ammo  that a vendor requested
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Can we boycott idiots?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#9]
The last time I bought carpeting I thought the price wasn't bad till I found out they switched the prices from sq yard to sq foot.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If you really want to feel ripped off, go buy some Labat Blue.  there bottle's are only 11 ozs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate the federal 22lr. at wallyworld, bought it a few years back and was having duds about once every 10-15 shots in multiple guns.

Now I tend to buy the bulk packs from Remington when they go on sale at the local Big 5 for around 8-9 bucks per 550.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top