Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:06:52 PM EDT
Was shopping for some blasting ammo for my AR10 and ran across this stuff. I normally shoot the South African from AIM, haven't had any problems. Is this stuff any better, or should I stay away from it?

Thanks,
53Vortec
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
LC is GI "like" stuff... it is seconds.... often slightly mixed headstamp... and rejected for some reason.

I bought 1000 rounds, and have mixed emotions.  I bought it to shoot, then reload for my AR10.

A bunch of my 2001 lot ruptured the case upon firing, and some had a noticeable crack before even shooting it (I didnt fire those!)  At least 5 other members had the same problem.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=219468

It is a GI projectile, mild steel jacketed, lead core, IIRC.  SA surplus is 100% copper last I checked.

It is HOT, and loud... but has been reliable.  I continue shoot mine in my AR10... but wont buy anymore, unless everything else runs out.

If reloading is important to you, and you can trust this brass, then its a good deal.  If you just want to blast, I would trust SA surp over this any day of the week.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top