Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 2:20:14 AM EDT
a pawn shop i frequent swears by it (the owner is an FFL and knows his shit) i'm just wondering how plastic casing ammo works with you guys. it's called PCA-Spectrumin .223 rem in 55 grain FMJ.

here's what it says on the box:
"Polymer-Cased Ammunition (PCA) provides the shooter with Accurate, Coonsistent Performance. NATEC produces its PCA in the US to meet ANSI/SAAMI performance specifications. Our State-of-the-Art manufacturing facility produces superior cartridge cases from a polymer produced exclusively for NATEC's PCA."

This is what the stuff looks like:
http://www.ammunitionstore.com/Images/Ammo/A022.jpg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:52:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Why it's "craptastic", IMO.

Read the ammo-faq, newb.

Mike

ps - or heck just take a look at responses to your other newbie threads............

E.T.A. - here are some old threads you should read if this ammo is a consideration:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=227665, check the links there!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=216185, more recent, check the pics here
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You should buy some!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are tight with a gun store pawnshop expert why would you need to ask here?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
does he swear by it or AT it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You can also check out this link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=265202
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Because he has his FFL he knows his shit.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The reason he swears by it is because he's selling it.

I've shot about 100 rounds of the 500 I've got.  No problems at all, but I won't buy anymore till it starts getting rave reviews.

I hope some day they will perfect it.  It's a hell of an idea.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Having an FFL doesn't mean anyone knows "his shit."  It means he's licensed to sell guns for a living.  I had an FFL in the early '80s and I didn't know shit then (I've gotten better since ).

This plastic cased ammo is, for right now anyway, a slightly interesting sideshow in the overall ammo circus.  As overdriv says, until someone starts raving about it - after firing tens of thousands of rounds of it - then it'll stay a sideshow for most of us.

And isn't it priced a bit over the roughly $4-$4.50 a box you can get decent brass-cased 5.56mm ammo for?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top