Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
Say i had a friend that was LE in Hawaii. Would it be legal for him to purchase 5.56 75 gr TAP and send it to me?
Im not sure if it would be an issue also because its Hawaii and he'd have to mail the ammo to me, but what if i had a friend that was LE in the same state as me, would it be legal for them to purchase the sell or give to me?

Of course this is hypothetical and if it were illegal i'd never break the law
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
perfectly legal, it's just a Hornady requirement that you must be LE to purchase not state or federal law
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply....Hopefully other people will be able to confirm this so i feel more at ease.

I dont wanna get busted! haha
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats just company policy.  It has no legal standing
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
yep I have some, just had to sign a waiver that you understand that its for use in NATO chamber guns.....no restriction on ownership by any non LEO out there.....................
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get it that you could sign a waiver to purchase it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Say i had a friend that was LE in Hawaii. Would it be legal for him to purchase 5.56 75 gr TAP and send it to me?
Im not sure if it would be an issue also because its Hawaii and he'd have to mail the ammo to me, but what if i had a friend that was LE in the same state as me, would it be legal for them to purchase the sell or give to me?

Of course this is hypothetical and if it were illegal i'd never break the law hr

That  seems like alot of hassle when you could just go to Midway U.S.A and have it at your door in three days. No questions asked.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course this is hypothetical and if it were illegal i'd never break the law

That  seems like alot of hassle when you could just go to Midway U.S.A and have it at your door in three days. No questions asked.

He is talking about the 5.56 high velocity 75 grain TAP not the civilian 75 grain .223 low velocity TAP.  5.56 version is LE only.  Midway does not sell 5.56 TAP.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course this is hypothetical and if it were illegal i'd never break the law hr

hr

He is talking about the 5.56 high velocity 75 grain TAP not the civilian 75 grain .223 low velocity TAP.  5.56 version is LE only.  Midway does not sell 5.56 TAP.

I just caught that... sorry
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where did you get it that you could sign a waiver to purchase it?

sorry should have mentioned that im a LEO, still if you have a friend that is LEO than he can order it for you it just has to be shipped to him.......its Horn. policey not law to sell to LEO. Hope this clears it up also its not on their websight..............

heres a pic of what LEO 75 gr. TAP should look like (box)

the Horn. 75gr. FPD is .223 pressure stuff. Still not a bad round.................

check out this thread (if you havent already) on TAP.........

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=241293&page=1
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you. I will talk to some of my LE friends and get some on the way...I already have some of the FPD stuff, just cause i want to check out the casing.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top