Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 9:09:25 PM EDT
Is anyone selling Aussie 7.62 at a good price, cant find it or anything about it.  How does the SA compare?.  TIA.

jolly
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think it's really around anymore but you might find some at gun shows. Most people (95%) report that Aussie F4 is  more accurate than SA. Also SA is a bit more dirty than Aussie. From my FAL, SA was more accurate of the two. Right now SA is some of the best brass cased surplus ammo out there. It also comes in sealed battle packs. Good for long term storage.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I find the SA to be more accurate than Aussie in my AR-10.  I really love the SA, and have bought a ton of it over the years. I recently bought 750 rds of the FN 7.62, and I have a full case of Port that I haven't even opened yet, so I can't say how the SA compares to these yet. SA is definitely my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the fact that you can find the Aussie (when you can find it) on strippers in bandoleers.  These are great bandoleers and arsenal refinished strippers.

Too bad the availability has dried up-I need some for my FR-8.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had no problem with SA surplus, either in 5.56 or 7.62. I believe Aussie had the reputation that is was some of the more accurate surplus but SA shot pretty well out of my Garand [navy trophy .308] and for the price I'm pretty happy with all the SA I have ever bought. My FALs love the SA stuff and I've never noticed it's all that dirty tho the 5.56 does stink a bit. HOWEVER, it was some pretty damn good stuff. I have 3K stashed away for my slower twists, and it frags well, at least it does on chucks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, think I'll give the SA a try.  Who have you found with the best price?  

jolly
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
im running low myself.   i wish i would have bought more at the time
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could find some Aussie.  Specially the stuff in blister packs.  It was Boxer primed.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top