Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:16:11 AM EDT
Is the new 77grain mk262 (I think thats what there calling it....) the same as the 77 grain Federal Gold Metal?....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the Federal Gold Metal uses the Sierra Match King bullet as does the Mk262. The bullet is the same, however the MK262 is loaded to 5.56 pressure so it will have more velocity. Also, current MK262 now has a cannalure. If you are seeking a defensive load, I wouldn't waste your money. 75 grain TAP is a much better choice and the price difference will be negligible.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have tried all the heavy bullet loads I can get my hands on through three different barrel lengths. As a general rule I've found the MK262 is 110 fps faster than the other loads including fed match, Hornady 223 FPD TAP and Black Hills. I have not shot the 5.56 TAP load but from what I've read I believe it is as fast as the MK262. The Ultramax 75g load is a bit hotter than the others, on average, in my rifles.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top