User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats good to hear arowneragain , they don't have any yet at mine , so I,ve been buyin the heck out of the Rem . till they do .
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
At least one WalMart in my area has some, guess I need to run out and buy it.  Too bad its after 8 or I would run out and buy it all up
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry! I CAN NOT let myself shop @ Welfaremart!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"Sorry! I CAN NOT let myself shop @ Welfaremart!!!!!!!"

Good, more for me. I stop at all Wal-Marts now to see if they have the "value packs" (I don't know if 19 cents a round is a value, but it's great ammo). The voices is my head keep whispering "hoard ammo, hoard ammo" and I must listen!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know about those 55 gr Value Packs all I ever see is the 45 gr Varmit Rds in the white box . I keep looking because folks here rave about them !

I think Wal mart is making some changes . I used to buy a "Value Pak" Winch HP 12 gage Slugs 15 per box @ 6.00 bucks . Id grab some when ever I was there . BUT now all they have are the little 5 packs for about 4 bucks with tax and all . Those prompotional deals are sweet when you find them . I been buying those 15 packs of Winch slugs for years but not anymore !
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just this weekend I found 10 40 round WWB value packs at my local Meijer store. But I think the only reason they were still there was that they wanted 9.99 each for them. I would have picked them up but I am already well stocked up on XM-193.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
$0.19-$0.21/rd is a good deal?

Granted, I purchased about 500-600 rd of Winchester 9mm Luger FMJ for plinking ammo at around $0.12/rd (after taxes). It's not the best deal, but I wanted a small supply to test out my pistol. I personally wouldn't stockpile ammo at such a high price especially with unsealed primers and bullet necks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
"I personally wouldn't stockpile ammo at such a high price especially with unsealed primers and bullet necks."

The primers are sealed, I doubt the bullets are, but they are cannelured and crimped. I'm still trying to find out the velocity on the white box stuff.

True 20.5 cents, my price after taxes, isn't great, but where are you going to find comparable ammo at a significantly lower price? If I buy a box or two every time I go to Walmart I don't notice a big bite out of the budget and over time it adds up. I bought a box of Remington .30-30 every time I went to Walmart at $8.50-9.00 for a few years and now I have a great supply, sitting safely stored in my basement. Funny thing, I don't seem to go through as much ammo with my levers as I do with my ARs, I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"I personally wouldn't stockpile ammo at such a high price especially with unsealed primers and bullet necks."

The primers are sealed, I doubt the bullets are, but they are cannelured and crimped. I'm still trying to find out the velocity on the white box stuff.

True 20.5 cents, my price after taxes, isn't great, but where are you going to find comparable ammo at a significantly lower price? If I buy a box or two every time I go to Walmart I don't notice a big bite out of the budget and over time it adds up. I bought a box of Remington .30-30 every time I went to Walmart at $8.50-9.00 for a few years and now I have a great supply, sitting safely stored in my basement. Funny thing, I don't seem to go through as much ammo with my levers as I do with my ARs, I wonder why that is?

It's because the AR is a lot more to shoot?
I see your point, but I'm kind of leaning towards buying a lot of ammo in bulk at once (to save on cost) versus buying ammo a small portion at a time (slightly more expensive).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#10]
"Funny thing, I don't seem to go through as much ammo with my levers as I do with my ARs, I wonder why that is?"

Maybe it's me, but it seems that the rate of fire is slower with the levers.

It's funny that I don't think of other ammos in cost per round, but  .30-30 is about 45 cents a round and the .444 has recently gone up to over $1.00 a round, even from SPG!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Funny thing, I don't seem to go through as much ammo with my levers as I do with my ARs, I wonder why that is?"

Maybe it's me, but it seems that the rate of fire is slower with the levers.

You only have to fire 10 rounds of 44 Magnum to throw as much "lead" towards a target as about 43 rounds of XM193.   10 BIG holes, or 43 little ones...

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#12]
"You only have to fire 10 rounds of 44 Magnum to throw as much "lead" towards a target as about 43 rounds of XM193. 10 BIG holes, or 43 little ones..."

I never thought about it that way. If I use the Hornaday 265 grain .444 loads I'm even futher ahead, except they cost even more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Ive had plenty to go around up in Cols, Oh
I shoot about 10 boxes every other week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top