BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted a little note to myself on the 'fridge that read "Q3131A Bass Pro/August".  My wife saw it and said "Almost time for our annual ammo trip?"  I just looked at her and smiled.  She just paid off all the credit cards.  I think it's about time to charge them back up.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The downside of living in Texas, they were cleaned out of Q3131A in less than 24 hours. They have more coming in though.

Any idea when the Houston/Katy store will be having this same sale????

Renee

Renee, check out the Hometown-Texas forum but I believe somebody there mentioned the Katy store will be running the same sale on August 21st.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I posted a little note to myself on the 'fridge that read "Q3131A Bass Pro/August".  My wife saw it and said "Almost time for our annual ammo trip?"  I just looked at her and smiled.  She just paid off all the credit cards.  I think it's about time to charge them back up.  

Good woman...

/S2
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stopped by the store in Concord Mills, NC today.
They had sold all their cases the first day of the sale (yesterday?) and only had loose boxes on the shelf.
I was bummed until I realized there were over 100 boxes there

They all left with me

Sorry about that, I asked the guy behind the counter for ten cases, and he said he only had four.   I took them and decided to leave the loose boxes for someone else

No problem Griz, glad they went to a good home :D

The guy behind the counter cost me ten minutes trying to put too many boxes into "double bags"
he had about 30+ boxes in before I stopped him and picket it up.
The handles stretched and started to fail.
Then he says "why don't you just leave it in the basket and carry it out that way?
I asked him if I could keep the basket?
"uhhh . . . .no."
Me: "Then what do I do with it when I get home?"
Him: Blank stare.

I finally had to take over.
Asked him to hold the (single) bag while I put in about 10-15 boxes per.

Turns out he didn't want to go through the hassle of putting purple tape around that many handles.
Some people will double their work in an effort to do less
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Afternoon all

The sale is going on in my area in a couple of weeks, Auburn Hill Mi, they say Detroit in the add, however it’s not.  The ammo everyone is buying how does this shoot from a Bushmaster A2 with 20" barrel?

I was under the impression that this ammo was 55grsin and I should stick to 62 grain for the barrel length.  Is this just too good of a deal to pass up on?
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]
If I go in and buy 50+ boxes, I will bring my own 50cal ammo can.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Afternoon all

The sale is going on in my area in a couple of weeks, Auburn Hill Mi, they say Detroit in the add, however it’s not.  The ammo everyone is buying how does this shoot from a Bushmaster A2 with 20" barrel?

I was under the impression that this ammo was 55grsin and I should stick to 62 grain for the barrel length.  Is this just too good of a deal to pass up on?

Barrel length has little to do with how well a certain weight of bullet will shoot... now barrel twist will affect that. 55gr will work just fine in barrels from 1/12 to 1/7. Most Bushmaster barrels are 1/9.

As for being a good deal, it is a very good deal for what is essentially M193 military ammo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have a scanned copy of their reciept?  Or someplace where I can print out the sale ad with the prices? Sports Authority here will price match and they are a lot closer then the nearest Bass Pro Shops.   With my luck they will have 5 boxes. and I'll go to BPS anyway.

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Leave some for me.  

How crazy is Bass Pro on the first day of the sale (Saturday)?  Gonna be my first, but last purchase from them during the sales.  

I hear they will issue rain checks.  How long are the rain checks good for?    

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a rain check today for 50 boxes. They said they would call when it was in. The manager said they were backordered for 2500 cases.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a scanned copy of their reciept?  Or someplace where I can print out the sale ad with the prices? Sports Authority here will price match and they are a lot closer then the nearest Bass Pro Shops.   With my luck they will have 5 boxes. and I'll go to BPS anyway.

I know the Galyans here will call the closest BPS to confirm the sale prices.  Might try askin your SA to do the same.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I picked up a rain check today for 50 boxes. They said they would call when it was in. The manager said they were backordered for 2500 cases.

Hehe, I hope you mean 2500 boxes, not cases of 1,000 rounds ea. that they're never going to fill.

I am going to call early tomorrow morning before I make the drive.  Also going to check Galyans too.  Apparently this stuff is really popular, so I might as well get a piece of the action even tho I already have about 5000rd of M855 and M193.  I will post new quantities from the Midwest locations if I find out.

If they are out, will they issue a raincheck over the phone or do I have to drive to the store (100+ miles) to get one?
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave some for me.  

How crazy is Bass Pro on the first day of the sale (Saturday)?  Gonna be my first, but last purchase from them during the sales.  

I hear they will issue rain checks.  How long are the rain checks good for?    

Colt_SBR  

I actually picked mine up last year near the end of the sale.  I called before making the trip to Orlando to make sure they still had some cases left.  When I got there, there were 11 cases left.  At that time, I was the only one there buying Q3131A.  In addition to the 6 cases I left behind, there were hundreds of 20 round boxes set up in a display.  I've never had any experiences with their rain checks.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Went to the Nashville BPS this week.  I was going to buy 1,000 rounds of Q3131A.

They'd only let me buy 10 boxes at the $2.88 price.  They said anything more than 10 boxes was regular price.  I said no thanks.

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had nothing but good experience with the Bass Pro rain check system.  When they had WWB 9mm on sale for 3.99 a box, I went in for 1000 rounds.  They were sold out within the first 4 hours of the sale!  They issued me a raincheck and I got a call 2-3 weeks later saying that my ammo was waiting.  This was the Maryland store, which is fairly new, but I'm guessing that it will be similar whereever the location.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna make a run to Orlando on Saturday morning and pick up 2,000 rounds.  Or should I get 3,000 rounds    

Road trip.  

I can't make up my mind.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Any options for guys in Arizona!!! I wanna get in on this!
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I was at the Bass Pro in Maryland this moring, around 10am.  They had about 20 cases of Q3131A and a few hundred rounds in individual boxes after I made my purchase.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Springfield has 1400 boxes in stock as of today.  On sale for $2.88 ea. right now.

Gone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I drove 55 miles up to the store south of Baltimore MD.  Nice place.  They had about 40 cases on the shelf and I took 3 out to the car.  Then went in to browse everything, I really liked the huge fish tank.  When I came around to the gun/ammo area again, I picked up another case of Q3131a.  

I was thinking of getting them all and selling them at the next gunshow for something like 170 a case.  Could have made a nice profit.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I stuck the Orlando date in my Calendar when the times comes I get a nice E-mail from my computer saying time to shop at BPS What would we do without the computer
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What would we do without the computer

I would probably have more time for a real life.  

I'm gonna be there when the doors open.  Making a day out of it with my wife and brother.  See you there.  

Hope I shake this flu I just got.  I'm up all night and day.  

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this sale (like this) only once a year @ BPS?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I just got back from BPS in Memphis, and all they had was about 8 or 10 boxes of Q3131A.  A couple looked like they had been opened, so I picked up a whole 5 boxes for 2.88 each.  Got some other stuff, too, so it wasn't a total wash.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well, I just got back from BPS in Memphis, and all they had was about 8 or 10 boxes of Q3131A.  A couple looked like they had been opened, so I picked up a whole 5 boxes for 2.88 each.  Got some other stuff, too, so it wasn't a total wash.

Get a rain check for a couple of cases.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to try and get into the memphis store and at least get a raincheck latter part of next week.  For you folks in TX, isn't this the weekend your sales tax "goes away"?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got back from the Springfield store.  Scored 2 full cases (one case was unopened, the second consisted of 50 boxes off the shelf.  I think they are running out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Just got back from the Springfield store.  Scored 2 full cases (one case was unopened, the second consisted of 50 boxes off the shelf.  I think they are running out.

I thought I told you guys to leave me some for my trip down on Wednesday!!!

I'll let you know if they have any left on the 11th.  I can't get down earlier.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I told you guys to leave me some for my trip down on Wednesday!!!

I'll let you know if they have any left on the 11th.  I can't get down earlier.  

I would call first.  If you give them the stock number which is 38-894-450-03 and they can tell you how much they still have left in stock.  I asked for 2 cases and he could only produce one unopened case, the other he had to build from the shelf and there wasn't a lot left on the shelf.  Maybe they'll get more in or they can issue a raincheck but that a hard drive from KC just to get a raincheck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm there on business anyway.  Just makes for a better trip if i get to take something home!

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills, Hanover, MD (close to BWI airport) is OUT OF STOCK until Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.  Rain-Checks are available at customer service counter inside front door.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills, Hanover, MD (close to BWI airport) is OUT OF STOCK until Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.  Rain-Checks are available at customer service counter inside front door.

I helped put them out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
??
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
??

Suppose to be this weekend I think, get in line behind me though dude....

PS:  Nice Avatar
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#35]
You know you can use the "SOLD OUT" to your advantage. Go ahead and get a rain check that you can use up until 31 Dec 04. Check back and buy your ammo when they finally get it in before the end of the sale so you can save your rain check for later in the year. You can restock your supply in Dec when the ammo is usually at regular price. There's nothing wrong with using it to your advantage.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I got my 50 boxes from the springfield store .  THey still have about 650 boxes left but all on the end cap in the ammo aisle.  NO UNBROKEN CASES LEFT.  

Buy away.......

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]
The St. Louis store off of I70 had it in stock also.  I was there too early though. I had to pay the regular $3.99 a box.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a case Saturday at the Springfield store and paid 199.00. Did I get screwed? I'm going back tomorrow to find out what's up. There was no sign up and I had to walk around just to find where it was. Got to the register and was a little shocked to find out it was 200.00
I even applied to work there earlier today. (figured a employee discount might make it worthwhile)

yakrat101
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#39]
I had the same issue here when the cashier scanned the case bar code. She had to scan the individual 20 rd box to get the sale price. Just save the receipt and sale ad  and they will refund you the difference.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I had the same issue here when the cashier scanned the case bar code. She had to scan the individual 20 rd box to get the sale price.

Yep, me too.  I have an 8 foot long receipt for my 4 cases :)    The guys in line behind me just kind of stared in awe as the receipt was shooting out of the register and curling up on the floor, then one of them said "I'm glad I don't live near you" :)
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I bought a case Saturday at the Springfield store and paid 199.00. Did I get screwed? I'm going back tomorrow to find out what's up. There was no sign up and I had to walk around just to find where it was. Got to the register and was a little shocked to find out it was 200.00
I even applied to work there earlier today. (figured a employee discount might make it worthwhile)

yakrat101

You must have been ahead of me, I got there around 6pm and got the last unbroken case.  Jeff said there were only boxes left.  As others have said, when they scan the case, the price is much higher.  They owe you more than $55.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#42]
my report was as of  noon on the 11th.  the only remaining stock was on an end cap with a display of the other white box stuff.  Good news was that they had plenty.  I "borrowed" a green hand basket to get mine home as I am sure that the sack they loaded my case up in would have burst if i carried it.  

BTW, the price was $144 + tax or $2.88 a box.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Will Bass Pro honor this sale on it's website or is it only for brick and mortar stores?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Bass Pro customer service says the sale applies only to the brick and mortar stores, not online.

Bass Pro Arundel Mills, MD, still out-of -stock, delivery expected Friday, 8/13, afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Just keep getting those rain checks
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#46]
btw... don't waste your time checkin on Galyans in MD. They're all out of white box. Not sure when they'll get more either. The would have honored the sale though, that they assured me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

glock23c: I went to the Memphis BP last night and was just flat out disgusted. No Q3131A ammo to be had anywhere in the store, and they said they didn't offer rain checks on ammo. I was really pissed because it is a 75-mile drive to BP from my home. Not to mention the Rocky boots that I bought last year for $120 have been marked down to $69. Grrrr...
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Why do they have a different rain check policy than their other stores? I got one for 2 cases at the Charlotte NC store, they said they would call when it was in.  Since it is an hour drive, they also said I had until the end of December to use it.

I think I would put a little pressure them to explain why the operate differently on that policy SP...!!!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#49]
You are right SS. I should have gone and asked someone of higher authority instead of the high school kid that told me I couldn't get a rain check. I may go back up there before the sale ends, but it ends on Sunday. You can bet I'll call before I drive up there again!
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Last year at this time I did the day trip and drove down to the Anne Arundel Mall store in MD. I called before I took the drive and the ole chap on the phone said I will hold a case for you. When I got down there I was glad he held a case for me since there were only like 75 cases on the shelf....

Anyhoo... I decided to forego this years run since they are building me a BP just down the street from me in Harrisburg. Open Nov 18... Too late for this years sale but you better watch out for next year. I will be there when the store opens to fill up my truck with Q3131A...
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top