Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 6:18:19 PM EDT
Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. I have several boxes of both the Winchester 64-grain Power Point and the 64-grain Supreme Power Point Plus and they both have the Cannelure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
So now the regular Super-X 64 gr Powerpoint comes with a cannelure too? I'm just wondering because it didn't in the past.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought both (Power Point & Power Point plus) from "Cheaper Than Dirt" in September 2002. Both have the Cannelure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought both (Power Point & Power Point plus) from "Cheaper Than Dirt" in September 2002. Both have the Cannelure.
View Quote

Cool! Glad to hear they made the change.

BTW, can you tell any difference in velocity or POI between the two loads? It seems I once saw somewhere that the PP+ had a higher velocity. I am just trying to determine whether or not this is the case.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Winchester claims a muzzle velocity of 3,020fps for the PP and 3,090fps for the PP+. They don't say what barrel length, but I would guess it's from a 24-inch barrel (most manufacture's claims are). I can't really feel much of a difference when shooting.

The big difference is the bullet in the PP+ is moly coated and has a much slimmer and longer profile with a more pointed nose. I'm not sure if the jacket is any thicker or thinner though.

If you go to Winchester's website they have the specs and pictures of both rounds with the bullets cut in half for viewing comparison.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top