Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 5:39:17 PM EDT
I have a Mini-14 ranch model that does not function with the Wolf ammo. Yes, all the problems described in the other forums.

My question is for the people who have a Mini-14 and have no problems with the Wolf ammo. What year was yours built?

I know the Ranch model is newer and I currently have an older style Mini-14 (non Ranch model) being delivered and wonder if the older model would be more tolerant to the Wolf ammo.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one built around 1990 that runs Wolf fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a Mini-14 ranch model that does not function with the Wolf ammo. Yes, all the problems described in the other forums.

My question is for the people who have a Mini-14 and have no problems with the Wolf ammo. What year was yours built?

I know the Ranch model is newer and I currently have an older style Mini-14 (non Ranch model) being delivered and wonder if the older model would be more tolerant to the Wolf ammo.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Have you tried any other type of ammo other than Wolf? If not, it may be as much to blame on the mags you are using as the ammo. Most of the aftermarket high capacity magazines (with the exception of PMI and John Masen) are absolute crap. Crap mags include USA, Triple K, Western Metal and a number of others.

I have no clue as to the type of problems you are having, but if it's just jams, check your mags. On the other hand, if you are getting problems with extraction (stuck cases, case bottoms being pulled through, etc) it may be the ammo or a bad extractor. If it turns out to be the ammo, just move up to something of a little better quality...such as Federal XM193 or Winchester Q3131A. It costs more but tends to be much better ammo.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I run Wolf thru an AC556 all the time, no jams, no problems, just dirty.  I only use Ruger or PMI mags.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top