Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 4:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT by ad_nauseam]
I hear that all Russian ammo is about the same. It is not very consistent but that's good enough for most clones.

I want to get the most consistent ammo possible that's not real expensive and can be bought in bulk. I hear S&B is better than Russian, is that true? Other options? Accuracy is consistency in bullet weight and diameter, powder charge, and so on.

This is FWIW for a slr-95.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:43:12 PM EDT
I have been shooting Russian ammo since day one of owning my SLR95 and have never had a problem. As far as Accuracy, I have found Russian (not wolf ammo) to be far more accurate then most store bought brands (Winchester, PMC, UMC..etc). I would definately be interested on what ammo you choose and what your findings are. Thanks Kev
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:12:35 PM EDT
Head over to the AK board. There's a review of ammo on the AK/Ammunition board. Barnaul pretty much came out tops.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:36:44 PM EDT
Lapua Mega Spire point is about $12.00 for a box of 30 rounds. It is amoung the best performing 7.62x39mm loads. I'm also fond of the Georgia Arms 125Gn Ballistic tip 7.62x39mm load.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:49:01 PM EDT
maybe the answer should be obvious - reloading.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:16:45 PM EDT
Check this out. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=54&t=56018[/url] S&B, while fine ammo, does not produce this caliber any more. Reloading you will find is both expensive and not tworth the time in this caliber. I have posted more than anyone else in the AK reloading forum, and I have about 4 posts in one year. It is simply not worth it. AK's are not match rifles, and never will be. I posted the info somewhere around here once, but I pulled 5 bullets from each brand and tested the bullet weight, diameter, and powder charge. All were very consisitant.
Top Top