Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2003 9:01:07 PM EDT
Guys, I was not sure where to post this and I hope no one is offended by this.  AB 992 is a bill in California that would add a 10 cent per round tax on all ammuntion sold.  Of course there may be ways to get around this for the commercial consumer (reload, purchase out of state etc.) but the fact is many people will be unfairly and unduly taxed.  This tax would add an additional $5 to a box of .22 rounds!! The bill is on it's way to committee and I was hoping the Californias who read this would use the below link to contact there elected officials and voice their strongest oposition to this bill.  I wouldn't mind if people from other states voiced their oppostion as well. Feel free to circulate this.  I think this is important. After all many fads started in California and traveled east...
Thanks for any help in this matter.
Mike
http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Call your DPRC Senators and Reps to express your opposition.  Follow up with a type-written letter sent USPS.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
pack your shit and MOVE.

Quoted:
Guys, I was not sure where to post this and I hope no one is offended by this.  AB 992 is a bill in California that would add a 10 cent per round tax on all ammuntion sold.  Of course there may be ways to get around this for the commercial consumer (reload, purchase out of state etc.) but the fact is many people will be unfairly and unduly taxed.  This tax would add an additional $5 to a box of .22 rounds!! The bill is on it's way to committee and I was hoping the Californias who read this would use the below link to contact there elected officials and voice their strongest oposition to this bill.  I wouldn't mind if people from other states voiced their oppostion as well. Feel free to circulate this.  I think this is important. After all many fads started in California and traveled east...
Thanks for any help in this matter.
Mike
http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
pack your shit and MOVE.
View Quote

/sarcastic mode on/

Now there is some good advice!!! Its always better to run away with your tail between your legs than it is to stand and fight your problems.

/sarcastic mode off/
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
We'll welcome you to the shooting community in Oregon. [:)]  Isn't the tax a moot point?  I mean, Californians can't own guns anyway, right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We'll welcome you to the shooting community in Oregon. [:)]  Isn't the tax a moot point?  I mean, Californians can't own guns anyway, right?
View Quote

Actually, the wife and I were just talking about buying some property in Oregon.  Still, it may be of some interest to note that when things like ammo tax and weapon bans are succesful in one area, others are tempted to try the same in other places.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, don't encourage a good guy to leave.  Every one on our side who leaves or doesn't vote is like two votes for the banners.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
For those who questions if Californian's have guns to shoot let me share with you my list of toys:

1) One 100% Colt M4 Preban 14.5 with smith vortex.

2) Bushmaster preban with 16 M4 colt upper with smith vortex (new, never fired)

3)  NIB Colt preban 9mm 16 carbine

4)  Springfield M1A preban

Have plenty of bayonets and magazines for all of the above, not to mention plenty of ammo.  Buy all the ammo you need before the tax man commeth.

Not to mention my pistols:

Bad Gun Sig Sauer 226 with pleny of those nasty 15 found magazines

Bad gun sig sauer 228 NIB with plenty of those nasty 13 rounders.

And one odd Glock 26 with those legit 10 round magazines.

I can blast all I want.  I was one of those winnies that registered all my nasty assualt weapons in this fricken state.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The peoples communist republic of kaliforniastan is beyond help. MOVE
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#9]
ya but,rhatland, can you buy a nother pre-ban??

No I did not think that you could.

You have lost your freedoms living there, I think that you need to move.

YMMV

Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The peoples communist republic of kaliforniastan is beyond help. MOVE
View Quote

Well it could be argued that they are the most free state of all because, [i]"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."[/i]

Again I extend my invitation to move north, Oregon and my soon to be new home, Washington, are much better places to reside [u]and[/u] own firearms.

With credit to Janice Joplin and prayers for our friends in California,

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Yah ever notice none of the anti-California whiners ever says he's gonna come and help the fight.  They just advocate a cowardly retreat in the face of the opposition.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Rest assured I am in the fight. I have written letters and voiced my opinion. And I have tried to enlist the aid of other, like minded people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yah ever notice none of the anti-California whiners ever says he's gonna come and help the fight.  They just advocate a cowardly retreat in the face of the opposition.
View Quote

Well, you have the right (oops, in CA: privilege) to view moving as a retreat.  Meanwhile several of us here will continue to view our advice as, "an invitation to gun-owning Californians to [b]get in a lifeboat and paddle away before you get sucked down by the sinking ship.[/b]"

Should blacks living free in the northern states have refrained from encouraging their brothers and sisters living under oppression to, "[b]escape to freedom at your first opportunity[/b]?"
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top