Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 7:50:51 PM EDT
I've been looking for cheap ammo for my Yugo mauser, but the cheapest I've found has been surplus corrosive. Is there such thing as surplus, non-corrosive? If so, where could I find it? Otherwise, does anyone know of some inexpensive factory ammo?

Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes there is non-corrosive 8mm but it is hard to find. WW2 Canadian and british is NC but hard to find. The Potugese was NC I believe but havn't seen some of that for a long time.
 There is alot of good surplus Yugo and Romanian for sale but it's corrosive but as long as you clean your rifle you will be OK...
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I was gonna say that cheap and non-corrosive aren't typically seen in the same sentence when referring to 8mm.

Hose the barrel with Windex when you are done shooting at the range and just clean it good when you get home. Those old guns have lasted this long shooting corrosive and it's not like a Mauser barrel is hard to replace. Heck, you can order a new one for well under $100 from places like FAC America and even rechamber your gun in .30-06 or .308 Win.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sarco has Portuguese NC, it's not cheap but not too expensive.  An alternative is to get some 8mm brass, pull the cheap Turkish stuff and reuse the lead and powder.  Use the collect type puller and it barely leaves a mark.  You can reload the same case 8-9 times easily.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top