Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2002 10:11:00 PM EDT
I just received 2000 rounds of 62gr 223 that have been factory loaded with pull-downs.  The bullet has the original crimp above the neck, and all are not at the same spacing/type crimp.

Did I miss something?????  The last batch I received a few months ago were clean and pretty, but these's are loaded with pull downs.

I have sent an e-mail to wolf to either replace or refund my money.  The way I see it, the steel case is the reason for the savings, not the fact that they are using surplus crimped, pull-down bullets.

If this is going to be the norm with wolf, then I may as well start buying reloads that at least have fresh tips.

Anyone else having this problem?????????
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
With all the Wolf that I shoot I haven't encountered this kind of problem before but it could be a new phenomena with them. They are supposed to stand behind their product so I am curious to know how this works out for you, keep us posted if you could please.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got off the phone with Bill @ Wolf Ammo.

Per Bill, The ammo that the bullets came from was wolf ammo that was loaded wrong(under powered) and had to be pulled-down and reloaded to the correct spec.  

On the bright side, Bill had found that the new rounds, with the freshly pull down bullets, were more accurate than previously offered lots of ammo.

Once again, all is well and have regained my confidence in Wolf Ammo.

Thank you Bill for the quick response.

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
All hale and inhale the wolf!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top