User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the results with the new Beyers barrel.
View Quote

Which one did you get?  He has a few options.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Thanks for the update!  I wouldn’t be surprised to see the accuracy of the Beyer barrel improve with use.
View Quote

It probably will improve.  I’ll use a bipod next time and hopefully get 1 MOA with the MiniMags.  Almost there now.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the update!  I'm glad you are pleased with the Beyer Barrel.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BlackdogADV:
I just got back from the range.  This is the results with the new Beyers barrel.   This was from a bench using my range bag as a rest.  Optic is a 1-6 LPVO.  I’m very pleased.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392276/IMG_2647_jpeg-2991816.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392276/IMG_2646_jpeg-2991817.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392276/IMG_2645_jpeg-2991819.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392276/IMG_0878_jpeg-2991825.JPG
View Quote

Looks good. Surprised the CCI SV didn't group better. They usually group pretty good for me in most of my 22s.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
After over 3 months of waiting my replacement barrel arrived.  I’m pretty happy with the Beyers barrel I’ve been using so the new CMMG (16”, medium profile) will go on the EE.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
You're only a receiver away from a second upper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zukiphile:
You're only a receiver away from a second upper.
View Quote

I know.  I need to get rid of this barrel before it’s too late.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad it worked out 👍
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice results .

I have to say I am surprised the Mini mags shot better than the  CCIstd . Mini mags in everything I have shot them in are a good reliable ammo that has somewhat
larger groups than CCI std.

Another to try is Wolf. In most guns the wolf shoots tighter groups than CCI Std but there is always a couple of flyers that causes the wolf to score very close to CCI Std.

Another round to try is CCI Blaiser if you can find it. Usually has a velocity lower than mini mags but a bit faster than CCI Std.

Top of the line Eley is great stuff but usually the lower grade Eley shoots just as well in most guns unless you have a cray top end gun like a anshutz or a Wather.

CCI claims Green tag to be their best ammo but I have tested it in many guns and never found it shot better than CCI Std. Generally the Green Tag is 2X the price of CCI Std .

Had a friend who claimed that CCI Std in the paper 50rd boxes shot better than CCI Std in the plastic 100 rd boxes.

Most of the target ammo is coated with oil or wax , I suspect leaving it in a hot car or truck will degrade it somewhat .

Had a friend who was big in all sorts of competition . He would test fire all sorts of brands and lot# of ammo in any rimfire gun then try to buy mutiple cases of anything he liked .
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for any updates from OP.

Or how to tag a thread.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Bump for any updates from OP.

Or how to tag a thread.

View Quote

I now have a collection of quality ammo to try, it’s just a matter of finding a calm day at the range. I’ll shoot at 50 yards from a bench.  Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]

I now have a collection of quality ammo to try, it's just a matter of finding a calm day at the range. I'll shoot at 50 yards from a bench.  Stay tuned.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I went out to the gravel pit and shot a variety of ammo.  I was shooting at 50 yards from a bench using a bipod and rear bag.  Milspec trigger.  5 shot groups.  Scope is a 1-6 Primary Arms LPVO.  I used a AAC Element 3 silencer the entire time.

Results:

CCI Mini Mag            1.0”
Federal Auto Match.  3.35”. (First shot went supersonic and was 1.5”  higher than the rest of the group.  All other shots were subsonic).
CCI SV.                      1.35”
RWS Target Rifle.       3.2”
Aguila Target.             1.5”
Eley.                           1.23”

I’m sure I could do better with a match trigger and a scope suitable for target work.  I was at 6X the entire time and the reticle was thick.  Next step would be a LaRue trigger and something like a Viper PST 5-15.  Or, I might leave it as is.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Today 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Aguila Target.             1.5”
View Quote

FWIW, Aguila SV is half the price and shoots exactly the same as Aguila Target in my barrels that prefer Aguila SV.

I suspect but do not know that Aguila SV, Subsonic, Target, Pistol Target and Rifle Target are all the same thing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top