User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Any thoughts/opinions on JP SCS captured 9mm buffer vs. standard 9mm buffer?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, this project has turned out nicely.  Hope its reliable for you and provides lots of fun at the range.  I'm sure it will. I just finally got around to chasing down everything I needed for my .22 shorty upper.  Once thats out of the way a 9mm AR pattern rifle is in my future so I'm looking at some of those 9mm threads now for inspiration.  Yours has provided good info.  Thanks so much. It doesn't help I'm considering getting my self a Dead Air Wolf.  Mainly to use with .300 blk but having a 9mm can available won't help me resist the urge to start an AR 9 project lol. If you haven't considered a can maybe you should. A Wolf or Omega 9 would be killer on your project.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

I am considering a can.  And red dot options, and lights and lasers slings and cases...

Right now, I am still trying to decide between the Maxim/JP SCS 9mm buffer/spring (weight removed from the BCG), and the Maxim standard 9mm buffer/spring (weight remains).
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen better...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have 3 9mm and a 45 barrel that need ramping.
How much to do all 3?
Do I send just the barrels?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
...got the 9mm SCS buffer.

Now optics...
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool thread.  Looking forward to a range review.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Holosun...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn my eyes.  Ever since I had Lasik, I ALMOST can't see a clear front sight post (at this gun's particular distance).

I may have to eventually scrap the irons.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn my eyes.  Ever since I had Lasik, I ALMOST can't see a clear front sight post (at this gun's particular distance).

I may have to eventually scrap the irons.
View Quote
You may be already aware of the various prism sicopes from Vortex, Primary Arms, and others.  I have a Vortex Spitfire 1X that has solved my vision issues.  Just awesome, both eyes open, I can see a clear reticle as well as a clear target downrange.  Primary Arms just released their 1X prism scope, the ACSS Cyclops.  You might want to check it out; it looks like a winner.  Etched reticle, so you wont need irons.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You may be already aware of the various prism sicopes from Vortex, Primary Arms, and others.  I have a Vortex Spitfire 1X that has solved my vision issues.  Just awesome, both eyes open, I can see a clear reticle as well as a clear target downrange.  Primary Arms just released their 1X prism scope, the ACSS Cyclops.  You might want to check it out; it looks like a winner.  Etched reticle, so you wont need irons.
View Quote
I'm good to go with optics (for the most part), and with pistol sights and all of my rifle sights.

However, the Maxim Brace and this barrel length brings the front sight closer to my eyes than any other weapon I own.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ll add in a couple of pics of an Angstadt lower with an Aero upper/handguard.
The lines don’t line up but from the specs Angstadt gives, their handguard isn’t big enough for my inbound can to fit in.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

But from a bit further away, I don’t think I’ll loose sleep over it.
Attachment Attached File

Big shout out to Rudy / Macon Armory for the 10mm DI goodness.
He entertained a lot of screwy questions and ideas from me on this.
Not to mention a lot of advice and “you really don’t want to do it that way and here’s why” guiding me along.

Now I just need to get out and shoot it.
Thanks
Gary
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I had to switch out the Holosun for an Aimpoint T1, because I needed the Aimpoint mount (low spacer) that allows cowitness with HK sights.

My Holosun is not compatible with Aimpoint mounts.

I also added a Streamlight Protac R1 on an Arisaka offset mount.

Pics pending...
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Why did you go with such a low height over bore?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why did you go with such a low height over bore?
View Quote
I used the HK diopter sights.  The low spacer is the only way to get the irons visible in the Aimpoint.

The difference in height is just 9mm.  This is a 5.5" 9mm barrel with a red dot on top.  It will be zeroed to 25 meters.

Cheek weld is fine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Cloud Defensive Mount...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top