Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:21:52 PM EDT
I know you get what you pay for but a $60 AR15 9mm barrel but how bad could it be?    Generally you should ask before ordering but I just threw it in on my last order.  

Attachment Attached File

First Impressions:   Well I don't have any yet.  I was thinking about ordering one the 9mm MG uppers from wherever I got the colt lower and having a legit Colt pistol with KAK brace but I may go ahead and do a carbine.   Worst case I could get my Larue Stealth II 9mm upper on the road.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 16" and a 10.5" to try out.

I like the lightweight profile, but it will be a week or so before I shoot one.

_
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
if it is possible to ask the specifications before ordering, make sure the barrel is chamber reamed to accept longer cartridges... I hand load 1.140"
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the 16". The crown looked a little uneven but at 25 yards it shot well. Holes were touching  with some polymer coated handloads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I received, installed and test fired mine.

I started at 50 yards from the bench with a reddot. Lets call it somewhat supported.

I had installed a rousch short vortex type flash hider. Mainly for looks...

I has some 100, 115, 124 and 147 grain loads of my own. All loaded pretty light, except for some of the 100 grainers were on the warm side.

It shot some within about a 4" group and others were honestly covering the entire 11x17 target.

I removed the flash hider, thinking it may have been the problem. The groups definelty tightened up and most shot about 3-4".

I then ran the ammo that I had left from 25 yards with no muzzle device in place. That looked much better, due to the closer distance. Seemed like all shot about 2" or so.

My bigger concern was that is was having failures to feed, about 3-4 per mag. They would strike the chamber face at 12 o'clock or stuck down at 6 o'clock.

Looking at the rear face of the barrel, the forcing cone (I believe that is the correct term) has a very small chamfered area compared to my 4.5" faxon barrel which functions perfect.

Luckily I own a metal lathe and have at least enough skill to mod the Stoner barrel to be identical.

Here is a picture....the barrels look somewhat clean by the naked eye...not so with the camera flash..haha.

Top is the FTF winner...bottom is the faxon that works.

Otherwise, the barrel finish is real nice, muzzle threads look good, etc.

I can make it work, so I will keep it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally got to shoot mine last weekend, it worked pretty much 100%... "Pretty much" because if my new Glock 33 mags were stuffed all the way full it'd have a failure to feed, smashing the slug against the breech and into the case. Loading 25 to a mag worked consistently.

Didn't do true accuracy testing, but shot a gopher-sized steel at ~20 yards and was able to rang it quickly 25 rounds in a row. Very happy with the build and I'll buy the same barrel if I do another.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know you get what you pay for but a $60 AR15 9mm barrel but how bad could it be?    Generally you should ask before ordering but I just threw it in on my last order.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_8208-330342.JPG

First Impressions:   Well I don't have any yet.  I was thinking about ordering one the 9mm MG uppers from wherever I got the colt lower and having a legit Colt pistol with KAK brace but I may go ahead and do a carbine.   Worst case I could get my Larue Stealth II 9mm upper on the road.
View Quote

Op, saw you have one of the Colt lower and upper combo. I have a question, did it come with spring and buffer? Is it a 9mm hammer or standard hammer?
At $300, this world be cheaper than getting the Hahn block and buffer tube and upper I need. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Op, saw you have one of the Colt lower and upper combo. I have a question, did it come with spring and buffer? Is it a 9mm hammer or standard hammer?
At $300, this world be cheaper than getting the Hahn block and buffer tube and upper I need. Thanks
View Quote
I got that set also. Yes it has the H buffer, spring and spacer, STD hammer - it's all colt parts too. The upper is stripped. They throw in a quad rail handgaurd for free with the deal also. I'm happy with mine.
haven't finished it yet, bolt and barrel are backordered.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top