Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:32:39 AM EDT
I have been gathering parts for my new build and need input on the most critical part of the 9mm AR15.

Which do you people perfer?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a RRA 9MM on order, once in I will be sellign the RRA block and going over to a Hahn dedicated top loader. I already have two AR platforms in .223/5.56 so i see no need for a third.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a bottom mount Hahn and love it. Actually, I have never heard anyone say they didn't love theid Hahn blocks fit, finish, or function.

I have a bottom mount because I have 2 SBR lowers and enjoy not being locked in to the caliber if I have buddies shooting and sharing my weapons at the range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The top of course loads from the top (open up the gun and drop it in), but how does the bottom install? Do you just push it up, by what method does it stay in?

Also, does the RRA 9mm bolt work well with the top loading block from Hahn?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Also, does the RRA 9mm bolt work well with the top loading block from Hahn?

I have a RRA upper and bolt with the Hahn dedicted top loading block and it has run 100% with Colt Mags.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the Hahn top loading dedicated block.  It has fed every single thing I've put through it, while my RRA block was super finicky.  It wouldn't feed anything but FMJ.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The top of course loads from the top (open up the gun and drop it in), but how does the bottom install? Do you just push it up, by what method does it stay in?

You push in the mag release, insert mag block, release mag release.  Turn it over, and there's a screw to tighten that locks pretty solidly.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You push in the mag release, insert mag block, release mag release.  Turn it over, and there's a screw to tighten that locks pretty solidly.

Yup, thats all it takes.  I haven't been using the roller lock lately to firmly hold it in because the fit is perfect, like a fitted glove, so the block can't come out on its own.  the AR mag release is a back up to hold it in.  The Colt mags are not real tight in the block so the block doesn't lend any resistance to it, so the mag couldn't ever pull the block out while the mag release is pushed.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top