Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:34:06 PM EDT
Here in the PRK hicaps are restricted to those who had them before our ban. For a new Colt 9mm upper I'd like to get Iwould need 10 round mags not easily connverted to hicap. Are mags like these available? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard of any 10 rd mags.  Up in Canada we are basically in the same boat as you except that we are limited to 5 rds.  I don't know if this will pass scrutiny in your state but what we do up here is this;

-find out were the follower sits with the rounds loaded, drill a hole in the spine bellow the follower and insert a pop rivet, or;

-attach a piece of rod or strapping to the bottom of the follower (use epoxy for plastic ones, brazing on metal followers) that is the correct length to only allow the number of rounds desired to be loaded.  Just to extra anal, you could then insert a small pop rivet into the floorplate so that it could no longer be removed, or;

-find some cheap uzi mags and shorten the mag body and spring down to the proper length.  This last method is obviously the most difficult as it requires a lot of trial and error to find the proper measurements but it is obviously the most permanent.  The other methods, while permanent, are easily changed back to normal capacity with a drill and cut off tool.

I hope that this helps.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Making my own maybe the only option. A thorough internet search produced no leads. I thought some might have been produced during the "AW" ban . I'll just rent a motel room in Nevada and get to work. Any other way would involve illegal importation of hicap mags! Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Just looking in the latest Rock River Arms catalog.  They have a 9mm 10 round mag listed with part # 9MM0116LC for $45 each.  I think that is just what you are looking for.

Scott
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top