Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
Anyone fitted their BM 9mm pistol with a longer buffer tube or tube extension? What tube, buffer and spring combination?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:09:48 PM EDT
Like a non-collapsible rifle stock?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:15:24 PM EDT
I think he wants it to remain a pistol. Not a SBR. The longer buffer tube or tube extension would aid in shouldering the pistol though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:19:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By stangleonthedangle:
I think he wants it to remain a pistol. Not a SBR. The longer buffer tube or tube extension would aid in shouldering the pistol though.

other companies sells their pistols with carbine lenght buffer tubes and i seriously doubt it would be a problem using a rifle length tube as long as there is no stock attatched.

i dont see any advantage in a longer buffer tube though since a heavier buffer and stronger buffer spring would give the same effects action wise
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:06:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2005 11:16:26 AM EDT by sta1treeman]
I got a 7.5 and 10.5 upper off the ee, and some stripped pistol lowers, I wanted to make sure everything worked so I put them together, and the only spare buffer tube I had was from my full length ace skeleton stock, it worked fine, only problem, was I just screwed the tube on, so I didn't have the extension that holds the rear take down pin spring in, so I had to make sure the pin didn't fall off, you could shoulder it like a stock, it worked with both uppers. the spring was the one that came with the ace stock, I had a h3 buffer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:26:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sta1treeman:
I got a 7.5 and 10.5 upper off the ee, and some stripped pistol lowers, I wanted to make sure everything worked so I put them together, and the only spare buffer tube I had was from my full length ace skeleton stock, it worked fine, only problem, was I just screwed the tube on, so I didn't have the extension that holds the rear take down pin spring in, so I had to make sure the pin didn't fall off, you could shoulder it like a stock, it worked with both uppers. the spring was the one that came with the ace stock, I had a h3 buffer.

if im not mistaken the h3 buffer is a carbine length buffer, the ace full length tube is rifle length.... how did you get by without destroying something?

the carbine buffer is too short in a rifle length tube and would allow the bolt carrier to travel too far into the buffer tube and could potentially destroy your lower if there is enough force present. something i would not attempt unless there was a spacer in the tube to correct the travel or unless using a rifle length buffer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:53:39 AM EDT
I know zero about these pistols.
I do know that Colt 6400c car tube uses car spring and buffer but OAL. is much longer.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:16:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nobody-really:
Like a non-collapsible rifle stock?

www.doublediamondsupply.com/photos/c15pair1.jpg

just so ya know, I hate you.
Top Top