Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 3:31:23 PM EDT
Assuming that you could get magazines for a similar price (i.e. the AW ban goes away) which system would you prefer?  Also assume that you start w/o a dedicated lower, but may be able to buy one later.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt pattern, cut a barrel to fit receiver, chamber it, and run. Parts are easy to get in timely fashion. I have a bunch of Uzi mags that will see double duty--- Uzi and AR.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR covered it. Barrels are simple to turn. I still like the Colt ejector and more than one source for parts. I have an Olympic upper also and really can't complain as that little ejector spring held up far longer than I thought it would. It also works well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt pattern.  Pretty much said already, but I'd like to add that I can use Sten mags in my Colt pattern...just notch it like Uzis.  Have a block for it.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top