[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try removing it from your gun and see how that works for ya
View Quote
Try reading more than just the title of the thread before you respond
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
If I found myself needing to replace or upgrade the charging handle to my AR, I wouldn't be fooling around and as such would go for a Radian Raptor Ambidextrous charging handle that is anywhere from $50 to $70 on sale online....
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Charging handle is very important in fact the operation of the firearm depends on it.

PSA has gisellei ch for $50.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No idea what the Freedom kits come with but PSA sells this: Forged T7075 charging handle. Manufactured to mil-specs. Fits AR15/M16 weapons.

FWIW, DSArms has a solid milspec handle/forged 7075 for like $15. I have a couple, gtg.

Eta link: DSA
View Quote
Different thread but you mentioned Primary Arms one time and got me looking there...

Picked up a 7075 mil-spec handle from them today for under ten bucks.

The stock I also got from them was ten bucks cheaper than at PSA, The small parts were cheaper as well.

All in all I spent less money and got the same or better parts from Primary Arms.

Thanks for the heads up Tig.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Any opinions on the Strike Industries ARCH charging handle? Was looking at the FDE one for my pistol build due to the price and finish. Description says it's forged 7075-T6, so I would think it's good to go. Just curious if anyone has used them as I haven't even handled anything of their brand.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you PM me your order number, I can send you a good one. I apologize that the one you got is not working well for you.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get the BCM Gunfighter medium. It just plain works.
View Quote
This is what I ordered yesterday for a new build and I’m looking forward to trying it out. I’ve only ever used cheap “mil-spec” charging handles.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is what I ordered yesterday for a new build and I’m looking forward to trying it out. I’ve only ever used cheap “mil-spec” charging handles.
View Quote
Welcome to the forum.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]
If shooting suppressed, I opt for a ch that has the raised area on top to deflect the gas from your face, such as Vltor/BCM. I know others have it but it’s hard to beat the price.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Welcome to the forum.
View Quote
Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The charging handles that come with PSA Freedom rifles...

Are they 6061 or 7075 T6? I checked but didn't see it mentioned on the site.
View Quote
Generally, unless it's a "premium" kit the CH will be 6061. That being said, their 7075 T6 CH is like $27 so not the end of the world.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m back to basic mil on handles.

Ar 15s are $100 bill shredders if you let them be. And after my 4th fancy charging handle I asked myself what the real added value was? And couldn’t come up with an honest answer.

I can rack my rifle just as fast, reach it under an optic just as easily, it doesn’t jab into my stomach. And so on.

I’m on my 9th rifle build and will probably skip boutique charging handles in the future.
View Quote
If I was in the professional gun game shooting business against the clock then maybe I could make a case for one.

I am not, the standard carries better.  I learned a long time ago as an E2 that letting my equipment poke me is annoying.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Generally, unless it's a "premium" kit the CH will be 6061. That being said, their 7075 T6 CH is like $27 so not the end of the world.
View Quote
I picked up a Raptor LT on sale a few weeks ago, so it's all good. I have the original CH in the parts box if I ever need it for a build in the future.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know what that's called?

Your next gun.
View Quote
It's been tough resisting the urge.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Many say charging handles don’t matter.
I like the feel of the Raptor handle over the basic handle. It is more durable and sturdy.
I build my rifles to feel good in MY hands. I’m not a fan of the cheap fragile feel of basic components like charge handles, OEM plastic fore ends and standard buffers and springs.
All my builds get Raptor handles, free float or magpul forends and JP SCS buffers.makes for a solid, smooth and sturdy feeling rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I've always valued quality ambi charging handles after my first venture into them with the Radian several years ago, but I recently took a 5 day course where one handed malfuntion clearing drills were done. A good ambi charging handle and ambi bolt catch/release made a huge difference in speed and safety of the manner in which the weapon was cleared.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top