Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 8:16:03 AM EDT
Sorry, but basic question.  old-school A2 upper needs standard FSB.  BUIS on flat top needs F-marked.  What does a clamp-on carry handle need?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F marked fsb is for flat top with detachable carry handles.

Edit: note that there are 2 heights in detachable carry handle sights. Milspec height and commercial height. The difference is about 0.040".
View Quote
That sucks.  Thanks.  Mine are Colt.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely F-marked for a detachable handle. I wasn't even aware of differing heights; I prefer my carry handles to be integral and have field sights
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Colt doesn't make detachable carry handles. And Colt uses handles from several forges.
Seems BAFE, Cardinal, and Cerro forge are the most common. I have had others as well.
View Quote
Mine are Brass Aluminum, but came with a Colt part number, so while not made by Colt (did not know that, thanks), it is from Colt inventory.  Makes sense that I was looking for a Colt Marking, and did not see one.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top