AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pictures - https://imgur.com/a/u252KaW

I have an original M16A1 Type E that looks like it seen war lol. This one is just like it, just brand new. It is foam filled, feels solid, and has a metal trap door. I feel like I got my $50 worth anyways.

Edit: It measures 9 13/16ths to 9 7/8ths    12.8 oz
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone tried these out yet? https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-m16a1-buttstock-fits-ar15/

Foam Filled like the originals
Made in Taiwan
Has the trap door

For $49 and $4.95 Shipping I ordered one to give it a try. Time you buy a Brownells or Cavalry Arms, then buy some expanding foam and all that, it will cost about the same or more.

Now that's interesting. Post pictures and your impressions after you get it and have had a chance to look it over really good.

I know their A1 grips were a let down and the picture on their site wasn't accurate, but their A1 handguards were okay.

I have an original M16A1 Type E that looks like it seen war lol. This one is just like it, just brand new. It is foam filled, feels solid, and has a metal trap door. I feel like I got my $50 worth anyways.

Wow, that actually looks pretty nice. Taiwan is surprising me... And apparently they can do things that "can't be done" here in the US.

I wish they had an option to be able to buy just the stock body, but even with the included butt plate and associated hardware the price isn't too bad.

Thanks for the update and pictures!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn. I'm interested. Any word on the material strength, is it A1 or A2 equivalent? That IS the topic here
View Quote

I'd have to think it's modern polymer. The question is just which modern polymer? Hopefully it's Zytel like the A2 stocks.

I can see from the pictures that there is no polymer web between the foam and the buffer tube area as with the A2 and CS stocks, so that kinda sucks. But they are a near perfect copy of the A1 stocks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow, that actually looks pretty nice. Taiwan is surprising me... And apparently they can do things that "can't be done" here in the US.

I wish they had an option to be able to buy just the stock body, but even with the included butt plate and associated hardware the price isn't too bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone tried these out yet? https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-m16a1-buttstock-fits-ar15/

Made in Taiwan
Has the trap door

For $49 and $4.95 Shipping I ordered one to give it a try. Time you buy a Brownells or Cavalry Arms, then buy some expanding foam and all that, it will cost about the same or more.

Now that's interesting. Post pictures and your impressions after you get it and have had a chance to look it over really good.

I know their A1 grips were a let down and the picture on their site wasn't accurate, but their A1 handguards were okay.

They make really good  Retro hand guards and grips too, I don't like to buy non US made parts but when you have no other choices...
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Linemount showing OOS

RCA
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They make really good  Retro hand guards and grips too, I don't like to buy non US made parts but when you have no other choices...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in Taiwan
Has the trap door

Their A1 handguards are decent, but their A1 grips are not as advertised as they used a picture of the Brownells retro A1 grip. Someone bought one and put up some pictures and it was a far cry from the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried my best to hopefully get Mike to answer a few questions about this stock here. > Link.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let me correct the order for you.  

Added Length of the stock, #1 by FAR.
Increased diameter of the barrel #2.
Distant Third, the grip.  

I, and many others, like the grip.  Many others don't mind it.  It is also the easiest and cheapest feature to swap out if needed.  

The barrel profile has to be lived with unless one wants to swap out the upper.  The stock can be switched out, but you need the right screw and you need to find a stock.  A1 length A2 material stocks are almost unobtanium.
View Quote

The grips never mattered one way or the other to me.    I started on the M16a2 at Parris Island and on again off agin in my marine infantry days but later in the guard carried A1 various A1s, some still with original sights and handguards and some partially upgraded with A2 handguards.

That CS stock I would buy.  I swapped my RRA A2 stock for a very nice A1 at a shooting clinic for high power.  I had a new hardback coat and the A2 and the coat were just too much for me.  They really helped me out putting an old army stock from a club gun on my rifle.  Yea it’s not as tough but it’s holding up for now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Well they were back in stock but didn't last long. I guess a bunch of you guys (like me) signed up for email notification.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well they were back in stock but didn't last long. I guess a bunch of you guys (like me) signed up for email notification.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/linemount-2772983.jpg
View Quote

I’m not sure it really was.  I punched add to cart right when I got the email and it said it couldn’t it was out of stock. But went back and it showed in stock.  Tried again, same results.

I think it was a glitch.

I was wrong. There were a few and they sold fast.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not sure it really was.  I punched add to cart right when I got the email and it said it couldn't it was out of stock. But went back and it showed in stock.  Tried again, same results.

I think it was a glitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/linemount-2772983.jpg

I'm not sure it really was.  I punched add to cart right when I got the email and it said it couldn't it was out of stock. But went back and it showed in stock.  Tried again, same results.

I think it was a glitch.
My order went through, so who knows. Glitches seem to be par for the course with retro vendors.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My order went through, so who knows. Glitches seem to be par for the course with retro vendors.
View Quote

Damn you!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
...just found this thread.  

I recently purchased my first A2 stock and like it a lot.  It's about right for me, but others (wife/kids) have a harder time with the length.  The A1 shorter length may or may not even fix that problem, but I still want to get one of these repros to try out.  I put my name on the notification list.  Curiously...when I saw that my A2 was a little long for others, I immediately went down that A1 rabbit hole and found out about the quality issue.  My A2 that I have is very well made.  Sturdy, solid, nice trap door, storage compartment, etc.  I got it for $25 (complete kit) on a local gun part website, and it's an unused takeoff...so not sure what brand it is at all but it's very nice.  I'm hoping these Linemounts are the same or similar quality.

Pic: A2 stock on my work-in-progress...it's a sweet shooter, but it's not a very accurate A2 build yet...detachable carry handle.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Was speaking with Greg at linemount a bit ago. Type E sticks will be a few months before they are restocked.

But, he did say they are about to drop Type D stocks that are foam filled. Plastic buttplates.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was speaking with Greg at linemount a bit ago. Type E sticks will be a few months before they are restocked.

But, he did say they are about to drop Type D stocks that are foam filled. Plastic buttplates.
View Quote
Good news on the Type D stocks!

Should I be expecting bad news about 'the glitch'?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

No… he had a few and they sold fast…

Did I say I don’t like you yet….
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No  he had a few and they sold fast  

Did I say I don't like you yet .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No  he had a few and they sold fast  

Did I say I don't like you yet .
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...just found this thread.  

I recently purchased my first A2 stock and like it a lot.  It's about right for me, but others (wife/kids) have a harder time with the length.  The A1 shorter length may or may not even fix that problem, but I still want to get one of these repros to try out.  I put my name on the notification list.  Curiously...when I saw that my A2 was a little long for others, I immediately went down that A1 rabbit hole and found out about the quality issue.  My A2 that I have is very well made.  Sturdy, solid, nice trap door, storage compartment, etc.  I got it for $25 (complete kit) on a local gun part website, and it's an unused takeoff...so not sure what brand it is at all but it's very nice.  I'm hoping these Linemounts are the same or similar quality.

Pic: A2 stock on my work-in-progress...it's a sweet shooter, but it's not a very accurate A2 build yet...detachable carry handle.  

https://i.imgur.com/aPBRuMc.jpg
View Quote
a detatchable carry handle won't make it less accurate
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
a detatchable carry handle won't make it less accurate
View Quote

He means that it's a less accurate A2 build, because the A2 has a fixed carry handle. Different meaning of accurate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#19]
As mentioned by seand1111 above, Linemount's Type D stock is now available. It's foam filled, like their Type E stock.

https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-m16a1-buttstock-type-d-fits-ar15/

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As mentioned by seand1111 above, Linemount's Type D stock is now available. It's foam filled, like their Type E stock.

https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-m16a1-buttstock-type-d-fits-ar15/

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up , just purchased two and I am looking forward to replacing my H&R (Brownells) stocks with something less hollow sounding and hopefully these do the trick
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Just received my type D stocks from Linemount a huge upgrade over the HR / Brownells types .Great looking and solid sound and feel Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
The no trap door D type just came back in stock.  I ordered one.  I don’t have any A1 screws but I’m hoping this is a nice solid stock.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#24]

How much?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How much?
View Quote

You can search completed listings if you are logged in. I won’t say how much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I sure it starts with A and ends with Lot.

Edit: yuuuuuup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#27]

What are the differences between the CS stock and an A1 type E stock, other than the butt plate?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What are the differences between the CS stock and an A1 type E stock, other than the butt plate?
View Quote

The CS stock is an A2 stock in every aspect except for it's length and the fact that it uses an A1 length screw to secure it to the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The CS stock is an A2 stock in every aspect except for it's length and the fact that it uses an A1 length screw to secure it to the buffer tube.
View Quote

So, the stock body material is different than the Type-E's?

edit:

just found this picture on the web.  Interesting...

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So, the stock body material is different than the Type-E's?
View Quote

That's correct. The CS stock uses the same improved design and material as the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#31]
When my Linemount Type D arrives it will place the A2 on this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget the little CS logo. Full disclosure: I never would have spent so much if it wasn’t for the fact that I was trying to get the correct part to replicate a Colt 6530 I owned 20 plus years ago.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don’t forget the little CS logo. Full disclosure: I never would have spent so much if it wasn’t for the fact that I was trying to get the correct part to replicate a Colt 6530 I owned 20 plus years ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it was a nostalgia buy? I can see that.

I've never had a CS stock personally, but I know they are great just because I know I like the improvements of A2 stock and the length of the A1 stock. Combining the two is a sure winner.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've never had a CS stock personally, but I know they are great just because I know I like the improvements of A2 stock and the length of the A1 stock. Combining the two is a sure winner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nostalgia…for sure. A couple years ago, I pieced together a replica of my first AR, a Bushy post ban Shorty AK. For a while since then, I’ve wanted to have a Colt Sporter Light Weight 6530 like I did 20 years ago. I missed an opportunity to get a really nice one a year or so ago and regretted it. Well fast forward to a month or so ago, I found one on the EE minus the correct stock. In my ignorance, I had no idea how hard/expensive the CS stocks were. (That’ll be easy nobody wants one of those) I actually I thought it was an A2 but thinking back/ doing some research I remember the little CS logo. I easily could have kept the gun how the other guy configured it with a collapsible stock…but no I HAD to have it the way I originally did.
Anyway, it was expensive, certainly more than I wanted to spend for sure, but I got one.

Side note: In my quest to find one, a little bird told me that he’s working on importing a whole mess of them from Canada…no eta, but he’s really excited to get them and a bunch of C7 uppers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#35]
So this Linemount (no trap door) has a rubber buttpad that doesn’t have any hard plastic for the screw to butt against.  The taper area is just the rubber.  I haven’t messed with an A1 In years, and this is more of an XM if I recall, but this crap won’t last.   Once that rubber gives there will be nothing to retain the stock.

Not buying anymore of these.  Made in Taiwan it sure is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So this Linemount (no trap door) has a rubber buttpad that doesn’t have any hard plastic for the screw to butt against.  The taper area is just the rubber.  I haven’t messed with an A1 In years, and this is more of an XM if I recall, but this crap won’t last.   Once that rubber gives there will be nothing to retain the stock.

Not buying anymore of these.  Made in Taiwan it sure is.
View Quote

So, what you are saying is its made exactly like a Type D stock....
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#38]
This guy must be sitting on some. It’s the same photos and description as the one I purchased.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#39]
The Dremel is calling me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This guy must be sitting on some. It’s the same photos and description as the one I purchased.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24640/IMG_2292_png-2801927.JPG
View Quote

Not worth that price to me. Better to wait until another company starts making them again, or just get the Taiwan version.
It's a shame, but oh well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
H&R

View Quote

I would like more information on this, and to find out whether or not it is superior to the type E.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#43]
I just ordered the PSA/HR stock. I am hopeful that is is better than my Calvary stock.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Would these be close enough? Older material though, so not quite what I think you're looking for.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-m16a1-buttstock-g-i-with-trapdoor/
If/when they are ever back in stock.

These are a bit more expensive, https://www.uscollectorsordnance.com/product/usgi-m16a1-armory-upgrade-buttstock-type-e/

https://retrorifles.com/colt-m16a1-buttstock-trap-door/

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Would these be close enough? Older material though, so not quite what I think you're looking for.

These are a bit more expensive, https://www.uscollectorsordnance.com/product/usgi-m16a1-armory-upgrade-buttstock-type-e/

View Quote

I don’t know sarco. So I will refrain from any comments.

Us collectors, while expensive, will provide you with high quality USGI parts. They ship very fast.

Stay away from retro rifles. They just can’t seem to get their shit together. Slow shipping, selling oos items, etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Like this?

I have one on the way to check out
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

These are just A1 "E" stocks. The idea here is that someone needs to make an A1 length A2 stock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Team POS
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone confirmed if these are the same stocks?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-retro-m16a1-fixed-stock-w-trap.html

https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-m16a1-buttstock-fits-ar15/

If they're indeed the same then the price increase for the ones sold under the H&R brand is a bit out of whack.

I'm not allowed to buy from either source so I can't compare them.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top