Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the BCP A2 and A4 lowers also and love them, but the PSA lower is a better representation. Their font and lack of threaded holes for the bolt hold and upper tensioning screw are more inline with real military guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the 1 is going to be a straight line instead of a font 1?

That does make alot of sense. But I will still buy one and use it on the FN M16A2 22 dedicated rifle. Good enough for that.

My BCP has the correct font 1. I would not think that it would be that hard to do the 1 correctly. Maybe it is.

I actually think other than that, this PSA will be fine for a FN Clone upper. Not so much for a Colt maybe.
I have the BCP A2 and A4 lowers also and love them, but the PSA lower is a better representation. Their font and lack of threaded holes for the bolt hold and upper tensioning screw are more inline with real military guns.
Absolutely, I am glad to have my BCP lower, as it’s currently the best representation, but the PSA will be much better.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So Colt used the straight line 1 and it appears from photos I have seen that the FN Has a regular font 1.

Am I deciphering it correctly?
View Quote
Correct
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
PSA is considering an A2 clone lower. Their M4A1 turned out real well and they do high quality affordable lowers. Add your comments in this thread:

PSA A2 lower

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/EBB50375-8644-439C-8968-530FB55F1EC2_jpeg-1012488.JPG

Update - revised

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/4BFA94B7-811F-420F-B2B1-A57B4BB7670A_jpeg-1017975.JPG
View Quote
If they make it just like in your first picture, I would buy one in a heartbeat, even if I do not have a current need for one. But it must be marked just like in your picture for the manufactures mark "PSA Firearms Division, Palmetto State Armory, Columbia, SC"
If they do not word it just like that, and go with how it is in your 2nd picture, I am going to pass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If they make it just like in your first picture, I would buy one in a heartbeat, even if I do not have a current need for one. But it must be marked just like in your picture for the manufactures mark "PSA Firearms Division, Palmetto State Armory, Columbia, SC"
If they do not word it just like that, and go with how it is in your 2nd picture, I am going to pass.
View Quote
“PSA Firearms Division” isn’t going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm very interested in this...I just got a NOS Colt M16A2 complete upper, and even though it's the newer Colt "black" it still looks out of place (greenish) on my totally black Aero M16A4 lower.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do not know, I looked at a bunch of FN Lower Pics and I think BCPs Font is a very close match to a FN. Maybe not to a Colt. But that is good, atleast for me.

As far as the threaded stuff. I like that, way they should have been in the first place and no one would ever even know the stuff is threaded without taking it apart or using a magnifying glass.

No one will ever make a true Clone lower, cannot be done at a good price point, or legally, unless Colt or FN gets in the clone lower business, do not hold your breath, though that would be cool..

We have to take what we can get or custom do one yourself I suppose..

I think either the BCP or PSAs are just fine for what we are doing. Though I do not like the straight line 1 for an FN, but would have to live with it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Any idea on timeframe on the M16A2 PSA lower?  I haven't seen much info lately

Nevermind. I just found the big thread, and it looks like January 2020.

That really is too bad.

ETA, I can survive, too. It just seems strange how many gimmick lowers they release, when they could have a corner on the sort of clone lower market.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill be in for 2 for sure.   Lets hope it happens sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I can survive to January.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Got an A2 build underway. I'd be in for 2 for sure! Impatiently waiting. I keep checking my PSA emails/specials looking to see them for sale.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got an A2 build underway. I'd be in for 2 for sure! Impatiently waiting. I keep checking my PSA emails/specials looking to see them for sale.....
View Quote
They're probably 3-4 months out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That fits with the info from the big PSA lower thread
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

“PSA Firearms Division” isn’t going to happen.
View Quote
I’m also liking “PSA Firearms Division” over the spelled out manufacturer’s information.

...Heck, if they have to spell out their complete company’s name then place  “Palmetto State Armory” in the the areas next to the trigger opening.  Then do the “PSA FIREARMS DIVISION” on the left side of the receiver, along with COLUMBIA, SC...  And add U.S.A. under the the city/state info.

Seriously, if they would do that “or” do that for an extra charge, I would pay in advance for 12 of these receivers.

I’m not a purist, but having something that has that military USGI look is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I know I will take two of them been watching psa web sight but nothing yet. I just came into a A2 upper I will build for the kids to shoot this summer.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#15]
My son in laws company just sold machines to PAS and BCA for engraving on receivers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I imagine there are probably pretty significant legal concerns about putting something other than their officially registered firearms manufacturing name on one of their firearms. Probably no different than registering an SBR and engraving your AR15.com login name on it in place of your given legal name. Even putting their official name and a fictitious one together is probably a legal issue.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s too long
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That’s too long
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s too long
Don’t be surprised if you don’t have one in hand by April.

The lower situation is very fluid.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t get me wrong, they may be available in January, I’m just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re delayed a bit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#21]
M 16A3 Safe Semi Auto?

Someone should license the Balimoy roll mark under a variance.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any idea on timeframe on the M16A2 PSA lower?  I haven't seen much info lately

Nevermind. I just found the big thread, and it looks like January 2020.

That really is too bad.

ETA, I can survive, too. It just seems strange how many gimmick lowers they release, when they could have a corner on the sort of clone lower market.
View Quote
I do not understand either. You got the "Gimmick Lowers" crap right. I bought another BCA, so I am done now with A2 Lowers. I tried to give em a chance, but I am getting too old to wait, You young fellas have time to stick it out I suppose.

But Best of Luck to you that are waiting. Could be a very, very, very long wait.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I imagine there are probably pretty significant legal concerns about putting something other than their officially registered firearms manufacturing name on one of their firearms. Probably no different than registering an SBR and engraving your AR15.com login name on it in place of your given legal name. Even putting their official name and a fictitious one together is probably a legal issue.
View Quote
I suppose that could be the case. Not knowing the laws and regs around this, I could only speculate.
However it does not change the fact that it would be super cool if they could do it and I would 100% buy one if they did.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I am not understanding the want for the PSA Firearms Division at all and do not see it as any kind of deal breaker at all. Or of any importance at all. Heck I would prefer PSA or no one else for that matter be there other than FN or Colt. That is not happening. So the rest is a pointless matter.

Come on, it is a Clone Lower people, nothing more. You will not get a real one likely anywhere. Unless FN/Colt starts making them for us, or you have 30,000 lying around,LOL. Close is good enough.

It will still have the wrong name before the Firearms Division regardless of how you slice it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don’t get me wrong, they may be available in January, I’m just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re delayed a bit.
View Quote
I'm hoping Jan, fingers crossed. Got one to finish and this be a good touch
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I want one!
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All,

You should start seeing the M16A2 lowers for sale in January, slight chance in December. Not too far off!

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@PalmettoStateArmory December would be perfect, I'd love to be able to use a PSA A2 at the Texas Governor's 20 match at the beginning of February.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Man can't wait I am saving my moneys to get one or two of them I also hope that they make one marked M16A4.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd love to build a new musket.  It'll take me back to better days.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Be nice if they gave the folks in this thread first dibs
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man can't wait I am saving my moneys to get one or two of them I also hope that they make one marked M16A4.
View Quote
I would think that would be less likely, given that Aero makes that model. With the M16A2, another large manufacturer wasn't already doing it (the a2 was only a small scale).
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would think that would be less likely, given that Aero makes that model. With the M16A2, another large manufacturer wasn't already doing it (the a2 was only a small scale).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aero’s lower isn’t correct.

There has been talk of a PSA M16A4 lower, but nothing official AFAIK.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Just got my capco upper delivered.  Now the wait for the psa a2 lower.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
What detail of the Aero lower isn't correct? Would just like to know since I never was issued an A4.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What detail of the Aero lower isn't correct? Would just like to know since I never was issued an A4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The magwell logo on the right side, along with the “property of USA” are the most blatantly incorrect features, The one on the left is also incorrect, but a bit less offensive.

The font is also incorrect. All in all, it’s a pretty poor attempt at a “clone”.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The magwell logo on the right side, along with the “property of USA” are the most blatantly incorrect features, The one on the left is also incorrect, but a bit less offensive.

The font is also incorrect. All in all, it’s a pretty poor attempt at a “clone”.
View Quote
There's a marking on the left? Mine only has the selector markings. To be honest, I'm not offended by the USA being used in place of US Govt. Don't want anything of mine to have government markings.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There's a marking on the left? Mine only has the selector markings. To be honest, I'm not offended by the USA being used in place of US Govt. Don't want anything of mine to have government markings.
View Quote
I just looked them up, it appears that only some of the A4s have the logo on the right side.

Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, surprise.  They just hit the PSA website at $49.99.  Updated: OOS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Tried ordering one....in stock when I started checking out....out of stock 2 minutes later....dammit
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m holding out for a bit, I’d like a higher SN.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I got two to go with those two CAPCO A2 uppers I got from OOW.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Cool, and they'll actually be available, instead of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it BCP runs
View Quote
That aged well. Too bad I blinked.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes that is funny. Atleast I know I got my two BCP ones. But do not fear, I am sure there are those that bought way beyond their needs, and they will show up eventually in a Marketplace near you.

I am sure they, like BCP, will make another run too. Since these sold so well. When, who knows. Gotta wander how many they sold. Please post pics of the ones you guys did get though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Put my order in last night got conformation this morn I am building a A2 over the winter for the kids to shoot this spring in high power matches.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#46]
They're back in stock. Just ordered one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
PSA is considering an A2 clone lower. Their M4A1 turned out real well and they do high quality affordable lowers. Add your comments in this thread:

PSA A2 lower

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/EBB50375-8644-439C-8968-530FB55F1EC2_jpeg-1012488.JPG

Update - revised

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/4BFA94B7-811F-420F-B2B1-A57B4BB7670A_jpeg-1017975.JPG
View Quote
Love it.  Now I need to get ten of them....
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks, just got my 5

For those worried about getting them they made 10,000 of the M4 lowers, i'm sure they are making a bunch of these A2's. Also they release in batches as they come out of manufacturing, so there will be more releases after this batch.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I was able to grab 2. They are in stock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Got two. Just in case.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top