Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2017 1:40:36 PM EDT
So I was able to get a great FNMI barreled upper receiver.  It is not Colt gray, but a darker, almost black color.  Not the modern darker shade.  I got one of the A2 receivers on order from BCP, which is your typical modern black.  I am needing a BCG, charging handle and LPK.  Is it possible to get these made by FN or is it to lat in the game. If so, what is the alternative?  I was thinking about using a toolcraft cage coded BCG, but that is all I have come up with. Maybe a Colt LPK?  I am trying to keep it clone correct.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try contacting PSA, via their forum.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd try contacting PSA, via their forum.
View Quote
Why PSA?  do they sell FN stuff?  I know that some of their stuff comes from there, but it is usually marked PSA.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Worst thing that can happen is no response; bet most of their parts are made by FN.

Have seen FN BCGs on EE recently.

Search Colt, as FN is too short to search & was in same EE listing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You can find FN F marked BCG's pretty easy in the EE.  It will have an F stamped in the carrier and an MPF marked bolt.  Not sure if you'll find an FN lower parts kit.  I just used WOA lower parts and an ALG QMS trigger in mine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Might be hard fining FN parts new these days since FN is busy supplying the military with the M16A4 and only seems to sell complete rifles to the civilian market. Juat as Colt parts can be hard to find new. PSA has BCG CH combo on sale for around $100 pretty frequently. BCG is Toolcraft.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Any idea where I can get a dark grey charging handle?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Any update on your build? I'm interested to see the outcome!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I got everything for the build minus the FPK and Lower (waiting on the corrected group buy lower).  Got a great complete barreled upper from the EE. all FN.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@huey_crew_chief

FN LPKS ON EE

View Quote
Thanks!  What trigger group and safety should I use that is close to the A2 type?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I would look around.  The FN upper is available.  It is not common, but is a beautiful upper and the anodizing is as nice as Cerenkote.  Not like Colt (love Colt, but..) with all its scratches.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I found my FN bolt and carrier on Gunbroker. I don't know if there is any difference in basic mil spec. charging handles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Many years ago I picked up several FN uppers.
Funny is that people didn't want them so they were very cheap.
I cannot get to the storage area they are in, so I found a few pictures I took several years ago.
They are not very good pictures, but this may help some one.
I plan on using them on the A2 and A4 receivers I have coming on a special buy.
I don't have any for sale.

They are from a light shade of grey to black and shades in between.

RON

F (stamped)
Attachment Attached File

F (stamped with key hole)
Attachment Attached File

FK (Raise letters)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
So I got it all together and now I need money, so this may be on the chopping block.  Can someone IM and tell me what a fair asking price would be for this?
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top