Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 7:33:56 PM EDT
Finally put this together, the ultimate rifle set up, for me....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Spec list:

LMT MRP MARS Piston rifle
ELCAN OS4X scope
Larue Tactical MBTrigger
Larue Tactical-Harris bipod
Silencerco Omega supressor
Silencerco ASR flash hider

I have some others similar in the works...

Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!!
Hows that trigger?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quite nice 77.  Would really like a MARS.  I think it is a fantastic design.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice!!
Hows that trigger?
View Quote
The trigger is great...for years shot with a Mil spec trigger, some got smoother as they would wear in, then got my first Geiselle, that was like going from a 1 to a 10.  Then my Larue 7.62 OBR arrived with a MBT and it was better, to me, than the Geiselle.   Then they started their $99 sale, well it was over after that.

All my rifles now have the MBT, my OCD kicks in, I like consistency.

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quite nice 77.  Would really like a MARS.  I think it is a fantastic design.
View Quote
Thanks for the compliment very much....

While I do not shoot for a living nor am I a professional with firearms, I do know my equipment and I have shot and owned many, many different rifles over the 45 years I have been shooting and I have to say the LMT line of rifles is about as good as you can get.   The MARS design takes it one step further.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, sweet system.  The MRPs seem to go largely unsung around here lately, but IMO they're absolutely top tier, without a lot of bells and whistles.  Just a basic, clean design that runs like a top.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sweet, sweet system.  The MRPs seem to go largely unsung around here lately, but IMO they're absolutely top tier, without a lot of bells and whistles.  Just a basic, clean design that runs like a top.
View Quote
I agree with you on this, they seem to fly along under the radar,  Not sure why.  The one MRP that even flys below my own radar and I need to get it out more is my LM8, I believe this is the right model number, the slick side model.  It currently is without an optic now, I am thinking about the 11 series LED ACOG for this rifle.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree with you on this, they seem to fly along under the radar,  Not sure why.  The one MRP that even flys below my own radar and I need to get it out more is my LM8, I believe this is the right model number, the slick side model.  It currently is without an optic now, I am thinking about the 11 series LED ACOG for this rifle.  

View Quote
Do they have a slick side piston variant?  If so, I'm not seeing it on their webpage.  I, too, have a CQB MRP piston 16.  It never sees use though... I'm not a fan of the weight with my bad neck, shoulder, and back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I would love it if they offered a smooth fore end piston upper.  Cuz yea, that weight could come down some.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do they have a slick side piston variant?  If so, I'm not seeing it on their webpage.  I, too, have a CQB MRP piston 16.  It never sees use though... I'm not a fan of the weight with my bad neck, shoulder, and back.
View Quote
I don't think they offer a slick side version but you can make one.

Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know...I need to look that up....

Like Blake said, you can make one...
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/t2zhoJx.jpg
View Quote
How much weight does that save?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Good question, because to me, I think the slick side version weighs more than the railed version...

I have never put them on a scale to determine the difference.  

The LMT barrels are heavy, if you are looking for light weight, look elsewhere,  these rifles are extremely well made and have a very solid feel.

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good question, because to me, I think the slick side version weighs more than the railed version...

I have never put them on a scale to determine the difference.  

The LMT barrels are heavy, if you are looking for light weight, look elsewhere,  these rifles are extremely well made and have a very solid feel.

View Quote
yup the barrels are where the majority of the weight is coming from, for sure.  I'm just thinking the only reason I would personally want to go slick side is if there was some considerable weight trimmings.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Never weighed it but there isn't significant weight savings. A friend held it and remarked he thought it would be lighter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/t2zhoJx.jpg
View Quote
That’s pretty darn nice—please fess up a few details.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top