AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In case you didn't get your answer, yes it goes at the 90 degree bend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My lower with LRBHO (blem) showed up today at my FFL. It was in a bubble wrap sleeve and when i took it out to inspect it, there was a spring in the bag. I am assuming it is the spring that goes under the LRBHO transfer bar which activates the bolt catch. Where exactly is this supposed to be at? At the 90 degree angle before the Bolt stop? Is there a fix to makes sure this doesn't just pop out all the time? Hoping the PSA representative can help me out.

In case you didn't get your answer, yes it goes at the 90 degree bend.

Hmmmm I just got one of these and don't recall finding an extra spring anywhere...
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hmmmm I just got one of these and don't recall finding an extra spring anywhere...
View Quote

I didn't get one either.  If there was one it fell out when my FFL unwrapped it to log it in.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I didn't get one either.  If there was one it fell out when my FFL unwrapped it to log it in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, the LRBHO doesnt work anyway...
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't worry, the LRBHO doesnt work anyway...
View Quote

I haven't tried shooting mine yet but hand cycling with an empty mag it works ... sometimes
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone with a pic of the spring and where it goes on the lower?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just assembled my PSA 9mm lrbho lower, attached it to a PSA complete 9mm hybrid upper, and it runs great. The bolt hold open worked with Glock OEM 33 rd mags and ETS 31 rd mags consistently. I really had my doubts, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You just need a hybrid 9mm bolt (works with glock and colt mags) and any 9mm upper will work.  
View Quote
Just ordered their newest lower based on this.  I plan to piece together an upper with parts of my choosing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my pistol built with the PSA LRBHO lower.  The upper is an Aero upper and handguard and a Spinta barrel and BCG.  Haven't fired it yet but I don't expect any problems.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here is my pistol built with the PSA LRBHO lower.  The upper is an Aero upper and handguard and a Spinta barrel and BCG.  Haven't fired it yet but I don't expect any problems.

https://snag.gy/N9H4pF.jpg
View Quote
What muzzle device is that? Linear Comp?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What muzzle device is that? Linear Comp?
View Quote
It's the Kaw Valley XL linear comp.  I really wish the rail covered up more of it but I guess I measured something wrong when I was ordering parts

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_Valley_Precision_XL_Linear_Comps_Black_p/kvp-xl-comp-black.htm
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's the Kaw Valley XL linear comp.  I really wish the rail covered up more of it but I guess I measured something wrong when I was ordering parts

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_Valley_Precision_XL_Linear_Comps_Black_p/kvp-xl-comp-black.htm
View Quote
What length barrel and handguard?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What length barrel and handguard?
View Quote
The barrel I think is either 8" or 8.5" and handguard is 9". I thought the barrel would be shorter since it doesn't have an extension like 5.56.  It is slightly shorter but not as much as I expected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone with a pic of the spring and where it goes on the lower?
View Quote

It's under the BHO lever in the corner where I circled.  I just noticed it down there yesterday
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The barrel I think is either 8" or 8.5" and handguard is 9". I thought the barrel would be shorter since it doesn't have an extension like 5.56.  It is slightly shorter but not as much as I expected.
View Quote
I'm considering a similar setup but with a 10" handguard.
What brand is your barrel?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm considering a similar setup but with a 10" handguard.
What brand is your barrel?
View Quote
Spinta Precision.  It's an 8", I just double checked my receipt.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
@majorcollins - are the ETS mags insanely tight in your lower? Mine are. Wondering if this is common. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@majorcollins - are the ETS mags insanely tight in your lower? Mine are. Wondering if this is common. Thanks!
View Quote
I have the forged glock lower as well and my ETS mags would barely fit. Once I rubbed the lower with CLP (since PSA refuses to make anymore 7.5" barrel uppers now) the ETS mag went in much easier.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very tight, but wore in after a few insertions.  I also noticed the mags had left some material on the inside of the magwell and I scraped it out and that helped too.

Also, the ETS mags tend to overinsert and really get jammed.  I found that if I give them a good jerk downward after seating them they will drop free when I press the mag release, and the LRBHO works better too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Spinta Precision.  It's an 8", I just double checked my receipt.
View Quote
Thanks. I might even do 7.5" barrel with a 9.5" handguard and the xl comp.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That is not True

Edit by PSA:  located under AR-9/uppers
View Quote
this link: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-4-9mm-yhm-mini-rail-upper-wit-flash-can-7792936.html    ............says "page cannot be found"
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shot it today finally. Absolutely flawless and a blast to shoot.  If only the Holosun red dot didn't break on the first shot I swapped on my aimpoint after that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Just received my lower today. Fit and finish seem really nice. Now just need all the other parts....
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Palmetto State Armory is proud to announce our latest product - the 9mm Forged Dedicated Glock®-style Lower Receiver assembly - with bolt hold open feature!

These lowers are made using the most advanced aerospace manufacturing technology to produce the industries finest, forged lowers. Our receivers are machined on a multimillion dollar, automated, manufacturing system which enables us to produce a product of unequaled quality and value.

These forged lowers are quality made using 7075-T6 aluminum and are Black Hardcoat Anodized per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2.  Comes with the magazine catch, bolt catch, and ejector installed.  Purpose built to accept 9mm Glock®-style magazines, and has a bolt hold open feature.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/7/7793000_2_1.jpg

Click Here to Purchase!
Blems available for a discounted price
View Quote

Nice pic. Like everything else PSA "sells", will you ever actually have any in the retail locations for customers to buy?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Were these pulled from the website?  The links are dead and and they're nowhere to be found on the site, out of stock or otherwise.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say the LRBHO wasn't working as well as hoped for and they had to be put on hold.

I just ordered PSA's hybrid 9mm upper and am shopping for a good lower to pare with it.  LRBHO seems like a pretty important feature that no one else is offering in the lower, so I might hold off until seeing if PSA plans to reintroduce theirs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Were these pulled from the website?  The links are dead and and they're nowhere to be found on the site, out of stock or otherwise.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say the LRBHO wasn't working as well as hoped for and they had to be put on hold.

I just ordered PSA's hybrid 9mm upper and am shopping for a good lower to pare with it.  LRBHO seems like a pretty important feature that no one else is offering in the lower, so I might hold off until seeing if PSA plans to reintroduce theirs.
View Quote
Circle 10 offers LRBHO in the lower, but I understand it's finicky.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Circle 10 offers LRBHO in the lower, but I understand it's finicky.
View Quote
Thanks, and sorry for the slow follow-up, I just now figured out I have to manually subscribe to the thread to get notifications.

After posting previously, I expanded my search from lowers that hopefully have LRBHO, to searching for that feature specifically.  That turned up a handful of options, but like you said, the ones that have it tend to not be 100% reliable.

That brought me to looking more seriously at the Colt-style lowers which have working LRBHO across the board.  I don't own any Glocks, so the loss of mag compatibility isn't a concern.  Unfortunately, PSA doesn't have their Colts listed on the site anymore.  I inquired today about an ETA for restocking them and was told they're discontinued.  I'm looking seriously at a few like Spike's Tactical, but waiting to hear back about compatibility.  I also really like the idea of Tennessee Arm's Tac-9 glock lower, but haven't gotten a response as to when their 3-month expired release date will come to fruition.  I'd probably be okay without LRBHO on a cool poly lower.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been interested in the LRBHO lever in the upper that 3 companies on the market are selling.  RunnerRunner is local to me, and it would seem it solves some of the issues Circle 10 and the others face.

The modified Uzi (Colt mag) seems pretty straight forward and without the teething issues Glock mags are having.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Man, still no notifications.  I feel like such a forum newb. :)

Quoted:
I've been interested in the LRBHO lever in the upper that 3 companies on the market are selling.  RunnerRunner is local to me, and it would seem it solves some of the issues Circle 10 and the others face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's probably the cleanest approach, but PSA's deal on the complete upper was too good to pass up.  (And it finally shipped out today, yay.)  I don't think I could have justified another toy if piecing it together with the much more expensive upper options you mentioned.

The modified Uzi (Colt mag) seems pretty straight forward and without the teething issues Glock mags are having.
That's the direction I decided on today.  Not to step on toes in a PSA thread -- but hey, I did buy from PSA on this project and consulted them first about their Colt lowers -- but I got confirmation from Spike's Tactical and Tenneesse Arms Co. that their 9mm lowers will work with the PSA upper.  Also of note, Spike's said their new Glock lower has the LRBHO working quite reliably now.  I hadn't see that mentioned anywhere.  I went with their Colt lower, though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Were these pulled from the website?  The links are dead and and they're nowhere to be found on the site, out of stock or otherwise.

View Quote
The LRBHO barely worked so they removed it from the lowers and cleared them out for $69 each over the past few months.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
PSA taking peoples money again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The LRBHO barely worked so they removed it from the lowers and cleared them out for $69 each over the past few months.
View Quote
Gotcha. They've got the forged lower at that price currently.  I briefly considered it, but decided I would rather spend a bit more for something with a working LRBHO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gotcha. They've got the forged lower at that price currently.  I briefly considered it, but decided I would rather spend a bit more for something with a working LRBHO.
View Quote
The forged lowers were the only ones that claimed to have LRBHO, the billet lowers never had it.  LRBHO is super finicky on AR9s.  Most people say they have more success with uppers that feature LRBHO (like the Joe Bob's spartan and others made by NFA) rather than the lowers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The forged lowers were the only ones that claimed to have LRBHO, the billet lowers never had it.  LRBHO is super finicky on AR9s.  Most people say they have more success with uppers that feature LRBHO (like the Joe Bob's spartan and others made by NFA) rather than the lowers.
View Quote
For sure.  My research exceeds my post count, with the gap ever-growing.  :)  I do appreciate the info, of course.  Better to read it twice than not at all.

I settled on the Colt-style lower to sidestep the LRBHO finickyness.  I didn't have existing mags tying me to the Glock direction.  Unfortunately, PSA discontinued their Colt lowers, for a reason they didn't share when I inquired.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
AR45 > AR9

Please?
View Quote
I have been seriously debating this. Always liked 9mm over 45. But love reloading 45. Case size and bullet just feels good. Sold my 45 dies last month now i want to get back into 45 for an ar
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Does PSA respond to questions in their Industry section? Just a port hole size question. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#36]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top