User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This is from Magpul's industry thread about the UBR stock. I guess Magpul finally decided to get back to work after 12 months

Quoted:
We did some internal design changes to tweak feel, fit, and function, and with the production demands this year, things got way slow to get into the presses. So, unfortunately, we are REALLY late on some things. Apologies. UBR should be ready to ship before or around SHOT 2017. PRS and SL-S will be in December. Building now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Got sick of waiting. I went with a luth MBA-3
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is from Magpul's industry thread about the UBR stock. I guess Magpul finally decided to get back to work after 12 months

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
We did some internal design changes to tweak feel, fit, and function, and with the production demands this year, things got way slow to get into the presses. So, unfortunately, we are REALLY late on some things. Apologies. UBR should be ready to ship before or around SHOT 2017. PRS and SL-S will be in December. Building now.

Is that December 2017?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I sure hope that doesn't mean Dec of 2017!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]

RINO
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul, I'm still trying to understand the thought process behind putting a MLOK attachment on the bottom of the stock where a monopod should go. I've looked high and low, and there are ZERO monopods on the market that have a MLOK attachment. They're all picatinny. Which means, your customers will have to buy an adapter that converts the MLOK back to a picatinny in order to mount a monopod to it.

Your gen 2 PRS stock had a cover for this, and came stock with a picatinny under the cover... which made all the sense in the world. Why on earth would you guys decide it was a smart idea to put a MLOK there???
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Coming Late 2016: Magpul PRS Gen3

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/MAG672-HERO.jpg&Width=1200&Height=700&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Crop=5

The PRS GEN3 is a field precision stock for AR15/M16 and AR10/SR25 platforms, featuring tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment.  With solid adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece height via aluminum detent knobs, the PRS GEN3 (Precision Rifle/Sniper) stock provides a stable interface and is intended for semi-automatic sniper or varmint type rifles. Offering a nearly universal fit, it installs on rifle-length receiver extensions as well as mil-spec carbine and A5-length tubes. Includes a cant/height-adjustable rubber butt-pad and rotation-limiting QD sling swivel cups as well as M-LOK slots on the bottom for rear monopod mounting.

FEATURES:
* Mounts to rifle-length, mil-spec carbine, or A5-length receiver extension tubes (not included)

* Enhanced strength butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG

* Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage and is adjustable for both cant and height

* Machined aluminum LOP and Cheek Piece adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents

* Steel adjustment shafts finished with Melonite® for wear and corrosion resistance

* All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing

* Bottom M-LOK slots provide additional sling mounting possibilities or for attaching 1913 Picatinny rails for use with a monopod

* Sling Mounts
Front/Rear - rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts (swivels not included)
Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loop (left-right reversible)

Learn more at Magpul PRS Gen3

Made in U.S.A.

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Single/MAG672-single-1.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=950&Height=450&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-12.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-22.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-32.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-42.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5
View Quote

There's a user in the KAC forum that posted that Magpul's adapter piece in pictured here does not come with the rifle. I specifically had this thing on order because of that. What the eff?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
It's my hope Magpul has an ace up its sleeve. I suspect they could do something more sophisticated than anything off the top of my head but perhaps we'll see a Magpul monopod that attaches to the rear of what appears to be a standardized profile across their Hunter/SGA/PRS2 stocks or an insert for their newest (more vertical) grips not unlike the Tac-Star, US 7124528 and its references, or the new M-Series. The latter solution would find itself used on AR15 platforms and nearly every other new tactical-ish precision platform (Remington RACS, Ruger RPR, all Barretts, Savage Stealth, etc.) that uses AR15 grips.

Or perhaps they simply missed an opportunity to pillage my wallet several times over.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's my hope Magpul has an ace up its sleeve. I suspect they could do something more sophisticated than anything off the top of my head but perhaps we'll see a Magpul monopod that attaches to the rear of what appears to be a standardized profile across their Hunter/SGA/PRS2 stocks or an insert for their newest (more vertical) grips not unlike the Tac-Star, US 7124528 and its references, or the new M-Series. The latter solution would find itself used on AR15 platforms and nearly every other new tactical-ish precision platform (Remington RACS, Ruger RPR, all Barretts, Savage Stealth, etc.) that uses AR15 grips.

Or perhaps they simply missed an opportunity to pillage my wallet several times over.
View Quote

Hilarious ... I drew that pic of the pistol grip monopod many years ago and proposed it as an idea. The dude doesn't even change a single pixel.

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't found a single place with this Gen 3 in stock. I think Magpul said they launched the product, but really are buying time while they dilly dally a bit longer. I mean, it's only been 13 freakin months.

"Hey Bob, how much more time you need on the PRS gen 3?"
"Not sure Phill, I only built one demo model and that's it."
"Oh well Sarah told everyone last year that we would be coming out with a new model.
"OK, well just tell them its officially launched and I'll start advertising for it. Maybe we can buy ourselves another year before we gotta make the damn thing."

*eye roll*
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Primary Arms says they have it in stock. $240. I would love it on my 300 pistol once the stamp goes through, but not for that kind of money. I'll wait.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Magpul, I'm still trying to understand the thought process behind putting a MLOK attachment on the bottom of the stock where a monopod should go. I've looked high and low, and there are ZERO monopods on the market that have a MLOK attachment. They're all picatinny. Which means, your customers will have to buy an adapter that converts the MLOK back to a picatinny in order to mount a monopod to it.

Your gen 2 PRS stock had a cover for this, and came stock with a picatinny under the cover... which made all the sense in the world. Why on earth would you guys decide it was a smart idea to put a MLOK there???
View Quote

Don't worry, the mlok mono pods will be at SHOT 2018 and available in stores "Summer 2020"!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hilarious ... I drew that pic of the pistol grip monopod many years ago and proposed it as an idea. The dude doesn't even change a single pixel.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/thumbnails/US7124528B2/US07124528-20061024-D00000.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/thumbnails/US7124528B2/US07124528-20061024-D00000.png

Your picture was used in someone elses patent? lol!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your picture was used in someone elses patent? lol!
View Quote

Affirmative. Hell, I didn't run to the patent office with my idea, but you'd think the guy wouldn't also take my drawing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered the PRS Gen 3 last night from Brownells.  Great deal with the $20 off coupon they had going
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I ordered the PRS Gen 3 last night from Brownells.  Great deal with the $20 off coupon they had going
View Quote

Do you have a coupon code?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you have a coupon code?
View Quote
L9U was good yesterday for $20 off $200.  With the .mil discount I had to add a part to push it over the $200 and use the coupon.  Edge shipping takes a bit to show up but no extra cost for this order
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:Affirmative. Hell, I didn't run to the patent office with my idea, but you'd think the guy wouldn't also take my drawing.
View Quote

I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't a patent application be fraudulent / void if you represent someone else's idea as your own?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Colors are shipping for the PRS Gen 3! I received my PRS Gen 3 Stock in Sniper Grey yesterday. 
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Definitely not the minimalist approach....
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#22]
On another note, a 20 round mag with the ranger plate (just like the one pictured in the 5.56 AR) is pretty much my favorite mag.   It's perfect height to use as a monopod prone.  For me anyways.  Well, as long as there is no foliage in the way.

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone else had their PRS gen 3 come loose on a carbine receiver extension?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#24]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top