[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Any updates? More pictures? Anything?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the big etailers was selling the gen 1 one for $209 right now. You guys that want the boat anchor heavy model might wanna snap those up before its to late...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
http://grabagun.com/magpul-ubr-ar15-adj-stock-blk.html

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#7]
FDE version of the gen 1 is $197... Even better...

http://grabagun.com/magpul-ubr-ar15-adj-stock-fde.html?source=igodigital
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone seen an eta on these?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whenever I get Magpul items, I always try to make sure the usual style request pictures are shot.  I'm in a holding pattern for a bunch of items right now, whenever I get them and I'm clear to do so, I'll start posting pictures.  Doing another one like the pic we did before is no problem at all.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know I'm being picky and this may not have been the point of the original UBR, but is the cheek weld any better (more comfy) than the original?  I have been using the STR on 3 rifles and love how "soft" it is on the face.  It seems a little wider at the top than the UBR was.  LOVE the inclusion of anti-rotation QD mounts!  Really wish there was some way to get them into the STR. Thoughts (spare me the pussy jokes)?

Would love to see a pic like this of new vs. old:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7157/6461406831_d5e053ab6f.jpg

Whenever I get Magpul items, I always try to make sure the usual style request pictures are shot.  I'm in a holding pattern for a bunch of items right now, whenever I get them and I'm clear to do so, I'll start posting pictures.  Doing another one like the pic we did before is no problem at all.  

Apologies for missing this until now - and thanks for the reply!  Looking forward to seeing this either in your pics or in person.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:50:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there any better time frame for these to make it out into the wild?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1$ double cheeseburgers works too. I can survive off 1a day. Taste a little better than Ramen. Just as bad though, if not worse. I can't survive off 1 Ramen pack a day, i need 4 or 5. Which ends up costing more than 1 double cheeseburger.

I've done this alot. Not as much since getting married, i don't get to spend much at all now. Overtime or side projects is the only time i get to spend money for myself.

I really like the design, but don't like them ditching the strike plate. To me, that's what set the stock apart from everything else. Without the strike plate, i don't see the point for me personally to get it. The ACS fits my AR10 great, without the strike plate, the UBR doesn't offer any reason to upgrade. I just need to swap to the Vltor A5 tube to collapse the stock all the way, and I'll be set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That does look like it is going to be a nice upgrade. I guess it is time to start getting used to the taste of ramen noodles again.

1$ double cheeseburgers works too. I can survive off 1a day. Taste a little better than Ramen. Just as bad though, if not worse. I can't survive off 1 Ramen pack a day, i need 4 or 5. Which ends up costing more than 1 double cheeseburger.

I've done this alot. Not as much since getting married, i don't get to spend much at all now. Overtime or side projects is the only time i get to spend money for myself.

I really like the design, but don't like them ditching the strike plate. To me, that's what set the stock apart from everything else. Without the strike plate, i don't see the point for me personally to get it. The ACS fits my AR10 great, without the strike plate, the UBR doesn't offer any reason to upgrade. I just need to swap to the Vltor A5 tube to collapse the stock all the way, and I'll be set.

They didn't include provisions for a strike plate because nobody wants one. It's a mall ninja accessory. The UBR is more than capable of smacking someone in the head without that "strike plate".
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
In all honesty, I'd be more inclined to pick up another Gen 1 UBR than a new Gen 2. There's something about the lines of the new stock that simply don't appeal. Besides, if a couple of extra ounces of stock is an issue for you it's time to hit the gym! :)
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Are the storage doors removable?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In all honesty, I'd be more inclined to pick up another Gen 1 UBR than a new Gen 2. There's something about the lines of the new stock that simply don't appeal. Besides, if a couple of extra ounces of stock is an issue for you it's time to hit the gym! :)
View Quote

I agree... I already picked up another Gen 1 for that reason.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
So its summer.........kinda
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Very nice!! $200 price tag maybe ar15 members can get it at a discounted price....
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think the price is unreasonable...considering it includes it's own buffer tube (suck it nomenclature nazis) etc. and it's one of the stronger collapsible stocks you'll find for an AR. I'm setting up a heavy duty SBR that I'll use 458 SOCOM uppers and m203s on and the gen 2 UBR looks like the perfect stock to me. Can't wait until it comes out...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Unless you get the ramen on sale for $.10 a piece.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't think the price is unreasonable...considering it includes it's own buffer tube (suck it nomenclature nazis) etc. and it's one of the stronger collapsible stocks you'll find for an AR. I'm setting up a heavy duty SBR that I'll use 458 SOCOM uppers and m203s on and the gen 2 UBR looks like the perfect stock to me. Can't wait until it comes out...
View Quote

Actually, the price isn't bad considering it comes with everything you need to install on lower.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Well alrighty, Spring has come and gone and we are knee deep into Summer. How about putting these on the market now so we can take them for a test drive?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unless you get the ramen on sale for $.10 a piece.
View Quote

10lb bag of rice and a 10lb bag of black beans. Only buy ground beef on sale.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well alrighty, Spring has come and gone and we are knee deep into Summer. How about putting these on the market now so we can take them for a test drive?
View Quote

+1  Take my money.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I need 3.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I went ahead and bought the UBR 1 because of the extra weight, it balances my gun great. And I wasn't sure if I could remove the storage doors on v2.And I found it for $237 free ship.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Very nice!! $200 price tag maybe ar15 members can get it at a discounted price....
View Quote

$200 is not that bad a price.  Consider this standard stock+receiver extension+QD endplate ~= UBR2 kit that includes all that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I love the CTRs and have several.  That UBR is not attractive.  And then that price.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

$200 is not that bad a price.  Consider this standard stock+receiver extension+QD endplate ~= UBR2 kit that includes all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I used on my last build:

Magpul MOE SL stock- $55
Vltor A5 receiver extension- $45
IWC end plate- $19
Colt receiver extension nut- $9

Total $128

I did have to source these parts from multiple vendors, so shipping upped the price some. The UBR is a little expensive even considering that you don't need the other parts.

I'm interested in seeing the OAL with it collapsed all the way in comparison with the MOE SL.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I have an old UBR and a couple CTRs (which I'm running with VLTOR A5 receiver extensions and buffers).  I prefer the cheek weld on the UBR.  The UBR 2.0 is compatible with VLTOR's A5 buffer.  The old UBR is not.  The old UBR is also substantially heavier.  I'm willing to pay the price of a UBR 2.0 (if/when they become available).  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Magpul MOE SL stock- $55
IWC end plate- $19

Total $128

I did have to source these parts from multiple vendors, so shipping upped the price some. The UBR is a little expensive even considering that you don't need the other parts.

I'm interested in seeing the OAL with it collapsed all the way in comparison with the MOE SL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magpul MOE SL stock- $55
IWC end plate- $19

Total $128

MOE SL is not a fair comparison.  Something like the ACS/ACS-L/STR would be more comparable and even those are not as strong as the UBR.  I have a UBR and I really like it on my 18" SPRish rifle one for the balance it brings to the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

MOE SL is not a fair comparison.  Something like the ACS/ACS-L/STR would be more comparable and even those are not as strong as the UBR.  I have a UBR and I really like it on my 18" SPRish rifle one for the balance it brings to the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magpul MOE SL stock- $55
IWC end plate- $19

Total $128

Other than the storage compartment and the adjustment method, it is a comparable stock IMO. Same cheek weld, same sling mounts, and same butt pad. Even if you consider the $20 extra that the SL-S will be over the SL, it is still $148 vs $200.

I'm not saying it won't be worth it to some, but it is a good $50 more than a quality traditional setup and the only improvement is strength.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Soon?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:I'm not saying it won't be worth it to some, but it is a good $50 more than a quality traditional setup and the only improvement is strength.
View Quote

Strength/durability. Hmmmm...not sure I can come up with more important features for a stock to have. I agree that $50 is a pretty big difference in an era where the market is flooded with high quality, and yet modestly priced, alternatives. I wouldn't run an UBR on every AR I own but it's perfect for one of my builds, so I eagerly anticipate the release of Gen 2.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the hold up?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What's the hold up?
View Quote

No use.  They haven't and won't respond.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#35]
which is the ONLY thing I don't like about magpul. They're here. They're reading every word, and they just let us stew in our own juices of misery/ignorance.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#36]
"they just let us stew in our own juices of misery/ignorance."

Hahaha This can't come soon enough! Are all the drop tests, pressure tests, durability tests, etc done yet?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking they are waiting for the inventory of original UBRs to sell before putting what is supposed to be a better stock on the market at a lower price point.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking they are waiting for the inventory of original UBRs to sell before putting what is supposed to be a better stock on the market at a lower price point.
View Quote

Don't see the point of that.  Just put the original on Sale below the price of the gen2 and there will be plenty of people who will buy them all.  I would say with 98.00005% certainty Magpul has made there investment back on those and probably 1000 times over.  The longer they hold the release of the gen2 the more people get bored by waiting and purchase something different.

They are probably having problems with this new production and is why they won't say anything to anybody, anywhere, especially since they already gave two probable release periods.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't see the point of that.  Just put the original on Sale below the price of the gen2 and there will be plenty of people who will buy them all.  I would say with 98.00005% certainty Magpul has made there investment back on those and probably 1000 times over.  The longer they hold the release of the gen2 the more people get bored by waiting and purchase something different.

They are probably having problems with this new production and is why they won't say anything to anybody, anywhere, especially since they already gave two probable release periods.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a pre-order for ~$160.  I'm not in any hurry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I just emailed Brownell's about my preorder, and they responded with, "We hope to fulfill your order by the end of December."

I hope that's them setting a low expectation and not actual expected shipping date.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure how much faith I'd put in Brownells preorders. For awhile there they had sand M3 AK mags and those are vaporware. Never gonna come out. At some point they figured that out and took them off their site...but they were on there for months.

Maybe there is no UBR gen 2 and the whole promotional video is just designed to mess with gun owners for fun? Not outside the realm of possibility. There are some real sadists over there when it comes to customer comm.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Magpul's lack of response or updates has started to kill my hype for this stock. My SBR has been approved and completed (all I need is a stock, still has pistol tube on it) for months now and I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger on a gen 1 UBR. Sigh....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Magpul's lack of response or updates has started to kill my hype for this stock. My SBR has been approved and completed (all I need is a stock, still has pistol tube on it) for months now and I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger on a gen 1 UBR. Sigh....
View Quote

Perhaps something else would work for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We generally announce about 50% of the new products planned for the year in the catalog which is released late January around SHOT show.

For us to announce a product it has to be in hard tooling and slated for release in the following 10 months. That said sometimes testing and changes as a result of testing cause delays beyond our initial estimates but generally we have missed the year on just one product (with an average of 50 a year released).

The UBR Gen 2 is in final testing along with a few other stocks and release is still planned for this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha This can't come soon enough! Are all the drop tests, pressure tests, durability tests, etc done yet?

We generally announce about 50% of the new products planned for the year in the catalog which is released late January around SHOT show.

For us to announce a product it has to be in hard tooling and slated for release in the following 10 months. That said sometimes testing and changes as a result of testing cause delays beyond our initial estimates but generally we have missed the year on just one product (with an average of 50 a year released).

The UBR Gen 2 is in final testing along with a few other stocks and release is still planned for this year.

Well, that doesn't sound good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the added info.  

From my perspective  you previously announced two fairly hard time frames (spring and summer) that failed to materialize and have now intentionally gone to a very vague one.  Surely you can see why I might have some doubts as to when this stock will actually hit the market.

Anyway, no big deal...just trying to provide a little feedback as a past and future customer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks for the added info.
View Quote

x2!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hnnnnggggg... my body is ready.

Page / 6
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top