Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2012 7:17:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks promising I really want to just buy it and hope for the best ,any deals on this for BF or cyber Monday ?
What LP gas block would work great with this barrel any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
416 R ordnance grade stainless steel produced in Germany by the same mill as H&K

If by H&K you mean Heckler and Koch, then it is very unlikely, as HK uses only one supplier for barrel steel (steel alloy actually and it is in France. I was told that during my visit in Oberndorf. Reson for one supplier is ability of tighter quality control and lot-to-lot consistency.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Rainier Arms Lo Profile Match Grade gas blocks work great!

Will that fit correctly ? It says its made .005 larger for match barrels just wanna make sure before I purchase

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
My SS 16" Mid-length select series build at 150 yd's so far.
77gr SMK's

I love this barrel
Getting another one soon to replace another popular brand barrel that I am disappoint with in the accuracy department,and have tried 4 different powders, and 5 different bullets with. I think Rainier may be on to something here.

An accurate barrel with a 5.56 chamber, for a great price, go figure.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
No 14.5 yet? You're killin me!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No 14.5 yet? You're killin me!!!

^ This
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Any future options of this barrel with a rifle lenght gas tube..??
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
77gr SMK's

I love this barrel
Getting another one soon to replace another popular brand barrel that I am disappoint with in the accuracy department,and have tried 4 different powders, and 5 different bullets with. I think Rainier may be on to something here.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00960.jpg

which one are the 77gr smk?i have the same barrel having trouble finding something it will shot accurate
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
77gr SMK's

I love this barrel

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00960.jpg

which one are the 77gr smk?i have the same barrel having trouble finding something it will shot accurate

Using the Sierra 77's w/ cannelure, with a light crimp, seated at 2,255-60. I can't give you my powder weight, because it's a little on the warm side, but with no over pressure signs coming from my barrel.  I can tell you that I am using IMR8208XBR powder, and my other barrel I will not name here, didn't like any other powder, but is still not near as accurate as the Select Series 16" I have on my newer build.

I also believe that group would be even tighter if I had it in a led sled type rest. I was just using a bag in the front, and holding a bag supporting the stock, and squeezing it for the rear elevation adjustment while working up this load for this barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you run some kind of special where a low profile gas block is pre-installed?  Maybe a drop down with a +$XX for an installed low pro gas block?  I think a lot of your customers would opt for it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#17]
i would strongly advise you to offer this with the option of a ability to do the gas block yourself just like noveske.

you guys should also offer up barrel nuts

and extra crush washers for your barrels, and some type of locktite / thread locker for muzzle attachments.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i would strongly advise you to offer this with the option of a ability to do the gas block yourself just like noveske.

and extra crush washers for your barrels, and some type of locktite / thread locker for muzzle attachments.

With all due respect, did you read their last post, or go to their sight? They offer all of this there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
i am so ready for this barrel :) just gonna hold on a bit longer for the sale to one day come and black barrel !!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Seems like an awesome profile, but why mid-length? More weight reduction because of more material removal forward of the gas block?
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#22]
so i picked this bad boy up cant wait to go shoot it
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a pony.

I literally lol'd when I read that
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Rainier Arms Lo Profile Match Grade gas blocks work great!

I'm seriously considering this barrel for my first upper build.  (Done many lowers, but never an upper yet)

A couple questions:

1) I was told that you guys will perm-attach muzzle devices.  True?
2) If so, could I have you guys install the low-pro gas block linked to above, and then perm-attach one of your comps/brakes (not sure on which one yet).........and would I still be able to slide a barrel nut over all of this?  Because I'm not sure if I'd want a GI barrel nut, or a proprietary nut for certain rails.  I'm just wondering if I would need to choose before everything was pinned and perm-attached.

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm seriously considering this barrel for my first upper build.  (Done many lowers, but never an upper yet)

A couple questions:

2) If so, could I have you guys install the low-pro gas block linked to above, and then perm-attach one of your comps/brakes (not sure on which one yet).........and would I still be able to slide a barrel nut over all of this?  Because I'm not sure if I'd want a GI barrel nut, or a proprietary nut for certain rails.  I'm just wondering if I would need to choose before everything was pinned and perm-attached.

Figured I'd answer this for you since it seemed easy enough.

1. Looks like they do. Found this in their Gunsmithing section:
Pin and Weld

2. You have to decide on the Rail System/Barrel Nut before the pin and weld. AFAIK all gas blocks are too big for a barrel nut to fit over. Same goes for getting a gas block to go over a muzzle device. Most MDs are a good amount bigger in diameter than even a .750 GB.
Using a GI barrel nut isn't too bad though. From what I can remember you can still use Troy Alphas and Bravos, Samson/Rainier Evos, Centurion C4s, and MI G2 Two Piece Rails. I'm sure there's a lot more that I missed too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple questions:

Figured I'd answer this for you since it seemed easy enough.

1. Looks like they do. Found this in their Gunsmithing section:
Pin and Weld

2. You have to decide on the Rail System/Barrel Nut before the pin and weld. AFAIK all gas blocks are too big for a barrel nut to fit over. Same goes for getting a gas block to go over a muzzle device. Most MDs are a good amount bigger in diameter than even a .750 GB.
Using a GI barrel nut isn't too bad though. From what I can remember you can still use Troy Alphas and Bravos, Samson/Rainier Evos, Centurion C4s, and MI G2 Two Piece Rails. I'm sure there's a lot more that I missed too.

Thanks for the info, and link.

That clears up my questions.  Looks like I'll be deciding on what rail I want beforehand.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Any ETA for these to be back in stock?
Black Oxide please....
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd really like to have one of these
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 20.0" with rifle gas in BLACK oxide yet? You're killin me!!!

^ This

FIFY x2

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#32]
This barrel kicks ass , hands down I own one and I'm glad I made the right choice

Btw alpha rail not compatible with core 15 barrel nut I learned the hard way
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#34]
60 Day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top