Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol.  This is a civil matter, not a crime.  Do you call the cops when your new Toyota fails to start one morning?
View Quote

While they are adjudicated as a civil matter, the federal government as well as most state have "lemon laws" that provide legal remedies if your Toyota doesn't start consistently.

And some of these "lemon laws" extend far beyond automobiles with punitive penalties for knowingly selling a defective product.

RCA
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know about the legalities of all this stuff, but it does seem like their could be fraud by deception

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m not a shill suggesting tapping it.  People are figuring out how to make it work and I had an idea.  Some of us own AKs and know how to make shit work.  Not everyone gives a fuck when it’s fixable.  also note if you read that I even called them out on the A2 stock bring highly suspect.  I wouldn’t buy one of these, but that doesn’t mean there is something wrong with making it work.  You gotta separate your emotions from getting scammed from others who saw a different solution than you.  Also, why even threaten a charge back before you returned it.  That’s Karen AF.  Calm down. Deep breaths. Things take time.  This A1 upper is gonna end up fucking Chris harder than he ever imagined.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Chris has kids.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've had problems before w/ a FA when I tried putting the roll pin through the spring...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  LOL.  I just got back from a coworker’s who bought one of these uppers even though I warned him,  When assembling the rear sight, he had to use .010 shim stock under the leaf spring and the sight still isn’t as tight as it should be.  On top of that, I think the pocket above the spring pocket that’s milled out if spec, also looks to be low.  When I looked at his sights when flipped, they aren’t straight up and down because they rotate too far.  

Last thing I noticed is the forward assist was sticking forward and wouldn’t spring back,  I don’t know if that’s a problem with the receiver being off or the forward assist part he bought.  Based on the out of spec sight pockets from Colt’s manufacturer of 40 years , I’d lean toward it being a receiver issue,

I should have taken pics, I’ll get some if I swing by his place again.

So I assembled mine today. My rear sight will be here tomorrow from PSA (H&R one) I’m 100% sure that my rear sight pocket is out of spec as well. Clearly everyone is having this issue. Also reason why I’m responding is because also the forward assist stays stuck forward and is not free moving like a FA should. Upper is straight fucking junk. That is all

I've had problems before w/ a FA when I tried putting the roll pin through the spring...  

I wonder if that’s the issue but it shouldn’t be though
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Chuck Norris runs a Shark.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The upper is beyond repair.  Return it.  Demand a refund.  The item was misrepresented.  The item is defective.  It was machined wrong, and the seller deceived you. Trying to “fix” it is like sorting out a puzzle with bent and missing pieces.  Attempting to Find a half-ass a solution to this con man’s crap isn’t helping the matter.    Are you dudes all beta males afraid of returning a product when you’ve been obviously ripped off?    Glueing on metal, drilling and tapping set screws?  Are you shills for Shark Arms?    Oh, I’m a genius, I can fix it.  Fuck.  Wow.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The upper is beyond repair.  Return it.  Demand a refund.  The item was misrepresented.  The item is defective.  It was machined wrong, and the seller deceived you. Trying to “fix” it is like sorting out a puzzle with bent and missing pieces.  Attempting to Find a half-ass a solution to this con man’s crap isn’t helping the matter.    Are you dudes all beta males afraid of returning a product when you’ve been obviously ripped off?    Glueing on metal, drilling and tapping set screws?  Are you shills for Shark Arms?    Oh, I’m a genius, I can fix it.  Fuck.  Wow.  

I would not say I'm for Shark Arms. I came up with a solution that works for me that I'm happy with. If there was no work around then it would get sent back. If your describing this as beyond repair you must be referring to your skill set in coming up with a fix your happy with. There are so many things on various other firearms, accessories, etc... that require hand fit filing to make things work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if it just me but Colt A1 Unbranded upper does not spell out this was manufactured by Colt. The key word being Unbranded. I'm not going to go to the swap meet and pick up some Unbranded Jordans thinking I just scored some Nikes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's where shit went wrong:

Initial post:

"New Colt A1 unbranded upper receivers for sale."

And from a later post:

"UNBRANDED A1 UPPERS ARE IN GET THOSE ORDERS IN NOW!!"

They do not say the same thing.

Also, once it was determined that there were issues with "some" of these and the update was posted on his page, any returns for buyers prior to the update should have been immediate and w/o any jaw.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Initial post:

And from a later post:

Also, once it was determined that there were issues with "some" of these and the update was posted on his page, any returns for buyers prior to the update should have been immediate and w/o any jaw.
View Quote

When was the update posted on his site?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Initial post:

And from a later post:

***PRODUCT UPDATE 2/18****

WE STILL HAVE SOME LEFT SO GET THOSE ORDERS IN. We also built some of these up, we noticed some sight kits the little leaf spring can sit a little low, it doesn't effect the sight only the spring that makes that tightness when you toggle back and forth from open to peep.

THE FIX: Very simple we took a pair of pliers and bent the leaf spring every so slightly,  and it's G2G. Some sight kits didn't need it at all so just a heads up when installing if anyone needs help you all know we are here,we also will have Colt A1 sights for sale soon as well.  Questions just email us.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I said deep breaths damnit!
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Initial post:

And from a later post:

View Quote

I agree that having the word Colt in title can confuse some. When I seen the word Unbranded I looked at everything more technical. Despite the manufacturer Colt Owns the Trademark, Patent, etc... For this style of upper calling it a Colt A1 can simply refer to the style though can have several manufacturers. Just like when the words Colt Grey were used. Somewhere along the line they put a patent on that too.  A DPMS ( Colt A1 Style ) could be anodized in Colt Grey. At the end of the day she is still a DPMS or in this case Unbranded.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Don’t you be my neighbor
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree that having the word Colt in title can confuse some. When I seen the word Unbranded I looked at everything more technical. Despite the manufacturer Colt Owns the Trademark, Patent, etc... For this style of upper calling it a Colt A1 can simply refer to the style though can have several manufacturers. Just like when the words Colt Grey were used. Somewhere along the line they put a patent on that too.  A DPMS ( Colt A1 Style ) could be anodized in Colt Grey. At the end of the day she is still a DPMS or in this case Unbranded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Initial post:

And from a later post:

Semantics.

More people would be interested in Colt receivers than unbranded.

Either way, it's another shit show from Chris.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s reeeaaaally stretching it.  Nobody calls them Colt A1 uppers that I’ve ever heard.  Their generally referred to as A1 uppers.  Chris knew exactly what he was doing, the guys is a con man.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Semantics.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Initial post:

And from a later post:

Semantics.

Agreed. For those who want the real deal. What a country and every gun part has a few.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That’s reeeaaaally stretching it.  Nobody calls them Colt A1 uppers that I’ve ever heard.  Their generally referred to as A1 uppers.  Chris knew exactly what he was doing, the guys is a con man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have at plenty of shows. I've even heard people calling a Norinco MAK-90 a Kalashnikov.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't believe that Chris is out to intentionally mislead people, but his descriptions suck ass and are misleading.

You really need to play 20 questions with the man before ordering.

This has gone on for a damn long time

August 9, 2020

Now let me bring this up tho I don't want to IM going to, we had some confusion with some of our ads on the Colt BCGS and Bolts which some customers said hey I was expecting this in better shape or I was expecting it to be different and its not for me refund me and my shipping/ So first off guys if your our customer for awhile you know I will do my best for you 1000% I try to make myself ALWAYS available for a call, email or text hands down, but if there is nothing wrong with the parts, say your expectations were different or whatever the case, I need to come up with a better system that works best for both parties involved, I don't want you having a part from us you don't want or don't need so excuse some of the changes ILL be making here in the future its a trial period to see if it works and if I like it.

First thing IM doing is some Parts will be marked where I state in stock or not? I will be putting a NO REFUND PARTS AS-IS statement there those particular parts will be just that so BEFORE you buy please look for that statement and if you see it there then ask questions if unsure and if you need it ask for a pic before you buy cuz it will be final.

Accept responsibility and rectify the situation. That's on Chris.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Just for reference. There were a few other companies using Colt when in fact the receivers were Nodak Spud. I think it's more of a marketing plot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Don’t have a dog in this fight, but just copied this from the website.
Personally, I wouldn’t have bought one after reading this post.

“New Colt A1 unbranded upper receivers for sale”
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/574269/Screenshot_20230416-191551-2785466.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/574269/Screenshot_20230416-191218-2785467.png

Just for reference. There were a few other companies using Colt when in fact the receivers were Nodak Spud. I think it's more of a marketing plot.
View Quote

At least they disclose details...

TNTE CH Marked A1, Black Type 3 hard Coat with DFL

And..

This is a highly authentic reproduction Colt 603 M16A1
M16A1 "NDS" code (NoDak)

Also, both vendors are shady as fuck with a well earned shit reputation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And..

M16A1 "NDS" code (NoDak)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/574269/Screenshot_20230416-191551-2785466.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/574269/Screenshot_20230416-191218-2785467.png

And..

M16A1 "NDS" code (NoDak)

??. I did like the fact that information was readily available.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He pissed off the wrong dude.   I’m just getting started.  
View Quote

Over a relatively inexpensive part? Why get that worked up over something so simple. Just return it and move on.

I agree with you re: not attempting to fix the issues yourself.

That said, this is not a scenario that warrants going thermonuclear.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nahh I ain’t gonna do any of that. Sounds like it’s not worth it and a hassle to do just that. What i am gonna do is once I get a different receiver I am gonna blow this one up. I just won’t order from him again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nahh I ain’t gonna do any of that. Sounds like it’s not worth it and a hassle to do just that. What i am gonna do is once I get a different receiver I am gonna blow this one up. I just won’t order from him again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is otherwise a good receiver, have someone machine off the carry handle portion and have it drilled and tapped for a Weaver rail. Old school 1980s flat top receiver.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#27]
No longer listed on SAC page.

Complete URGs only.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Complete URGs only.
View Quote

I’m sure purchasers of completes are less likely to realize there is an issue.  Dirty all around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the same problem with the rear sight pocket and the forward assist. Looks like I bought a lemon.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Super
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If it is otherwise a good receiver, have someone machine off the carry handle portion and have it drilled and tapped for a Weaver rail. Old school 1980s flat top receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah I need the carry handle for my Nam build. Does anyone in here have a PSA lower and can compare the two? Are they the same?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s strange?    What might have happened?    What’s gonna happen next?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Complete URGs only.

That’s strange?    What might have happened?    What’s gonna happen next?

An attempt at damage control, I assume.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Super product.  5 stars ??
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He certainly has exposure (both civil and criminal).   What I find particularly interesting was the angry email he sent me subsequent to my returning of the A1 Upper Receiver.    Chris asserted that he fully disclosed the problems with uppers, and it wasn’t his fault that guys couldn’t handle a simple fix or didn’t read his description.  He asked a rhetorical question about his responsibility to ensure everyone reads and understands the description of the item.    Nothing was his fault.  The email was straight out of the DSM 5, with classic ASPD Behaviors (Sociopath). By factoring in the poorly written (illiterate) email, and the amateur website, the caliber of this dude is apparent.    I suspect he’s been pulling this crap on people for a long time, and he’s already on the legal radar.  
View Quote

He didn’t disclose that the flip sights won’t be square with his proposed fix.  The thing is, from what I can tell is more than just a pocket milled too deep.  From what I can ascertain from this thread is the entire channel in the carry handle is also screwed up.

You should post his email.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He didn’t disclose that the flip sights won’t be square with his proposed fix.  The thing is, from what I can tell is more than just a pocket milled too deep.  From what I can ascertain from this thread is the entire channel in the carry handle is also screwed up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  He certainly has exposure (both civil and criminal).   What I find particularly interesting was the angry email he sent me subsequent to my returning of the A1 Upper Receiver.    Chris asserted that he fully disclosed the problems with uppers, and it wasn’t his fault that guys couldn’t handle a simple fix or didn’t read his description.  He asked a rhetorical question about his responsibility to ensure everyone reads and understands the description of the item.    Nothing was his fault.  The email was straight out of the DSM 5, with classic ASPD Behaviors (Sociopath). By factoring in the poorly written (illiterate) email, and the amateur website, the caliber of this dude is apparent.    I suspect he’s been pulling this crap on people for a long time, and he’s already on the legal radar.

That would be COC #5 territory perhaps.  IM works?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That would be COC #5 territory perhaps.  IM works?
View Quote

I can't imagine how.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can't imagine how.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  That would be COC #5 territory perhaps.  IM works?

I can't imagine how.

Ah, thought it was a personal email addy, he meant the body of the email.  N/m.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s a wonderful day in neighborhood

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You asked for it, so here it is.  Cut and pasted, with no editing (except the removal of my name).  Here’s what I sent to Shark Arms:

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023, 4:36 PM  (I) wrote:
“The A1 upper receiver has been returned to you on 04/10/2023.  As you already know, the carry handle shelf for the rear sight is out of spec., and evidently milled too low for proper installation of the rear sight, and the rear sight leaf spring pocket was milled too deep which is an additional problem.  You were aware of these facts, but failed to disclose this information.      I expect a full refund immediately.  The USPS Tracking Number for this return is: xxxxxx.   If I do not hear from you, I will initiate a charge back”.    

Customer

And here is Chris’ response:

“If you go to www.sharkarms.com and look at our ad we made it known for everyone? We were selling 10 to 20 uppers a day am I supposed to ck with every guy to make sure they read my ad in.detail?

I can.promise you sir if your that u happy over a simple fix we don't want your money, we are out of town and closed till Friday, I have no problem INTIATING or whatever you called it a refund at that time. I will be in the office at 10am central time and will have your refund done by 1001am central time, I don't appreciate your tone of disrespect in your e.ail, I have nothing to hide or gain these sell themselves and I CLEARLY let everyone know from day one sir. Thank you.”  

So, Chris assets that he “clearly” let everyone know.    He also states he would refund my money at 10:01 Friday Morning (he did not.  I did a charge back late Friday).  Anyway, he’s a liar and a thief.  I think it’s time for me to move on from this crap.  

View Quote

His edit was on 2-18-23. It mentioned that "some of the sight kits" were an issue.

Anybody who ordered before the 18th is due a full refund w/o gum flapping.

IMO, anyone that is dissatisfied with these should be due a refund honestly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I finally had the time to take apart the upper that I got from Charlie's (mentioned earlier in this thread). There was a shim underneath the sight spring made out of some sort of pop can or something. I messed with the whole thing for a few minutes and got the sight to sit pretty level and with the proper amount of tension by just bending around the spring a little. Honestly I feel like the subterfuge that Charlies, Sharks, Patomic or who the hell ever is responsible for these things could have been avoided all together by just being honest that they were jacked up from the beginning, charging a few dollars less for them, and selling them as blems or seconds. The greed and lack of morals on display is pretty sad to see out of all of the involved parties.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Honestly I feel like the subterfuge that Charlies, Sharks, Patomic or who the hell ever is responsible for these things could have been avoided all together by just being honest that they were jacked up from the beginning, charging a few dollars less for them, and selling them as blems or seconds. The greed and lack of morals on display is pretty sad to see out of all of the involved parties.
View Quote

Agreed. They'd have sold even with the caveat.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Shit like this is why I won't do business with Shark Arms and cannot in good faith recommend anyone to them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Redditors are starting to report in on these complete uppers that are being sold on Gunbroker and it's not good.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroAR/comments/12vpryy/a1_uppers_from_gunbroker/
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#44]
 Dear gawd.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Some of the words of wisdom posted here:  They just need a set screw drilled & tapped for the rear sight to rest on.   Don’t go all Karen and shit, deep breaths.   Some guys have AKs and figured out how to make it work.   There’s going to be a group buy of oversized rear sights.   They’re so great I bought 20 of them.   Bud Lite shims, JB Wield, etc.    Chris is a great guy, he’s got kids.  

The purse swinging shills of Shark Arms will be along directly to respond.  For fuck sake; you’ve been ripped off.   Good times.
View Quote

I don't know about any "purse swinging shills".  The consensus seems to be that Shark screwed up and continued to screw it up when chances presented themselves to get back on track.  They won't see any more of my money.  

I think that some of the ideas presented for fixing it are pretty clever.  The troubleshooting of the problem was great too.  I like that about these threads.  

Your posts come off as crazy rants.  Plus, insulting people here for dealing with their problem in their way isn't productive.
   I've blown more than the cost of this upper on shore liberty numerous times and had nothing to show, but a hangover and foggy memories.  I'm sure lots of guys here are similar and just deal with shit and move on.

You noted a week ago after calling members "beta males" that you "were just getting started".  Post an update on your plan to take down Shark Arms.  
 Shitty vendors are like a Dixie cup in a dispenser, good luck.
   I for one am going to put my energy into my purse swinging workout and concentrate on overcoming my beta-ness.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Some of the words of wisdom posted here:  They just need a set screw drilled & tapped for the rear sight to rest on.   Don’t go all Karen and shit, deep breaths.   Some guys have AKs and figured out how to make it work.   There’s going to be a group buy of oversized rear sights.   They’re so great I bought 20 of them.   Bud Lite shims, JB Wield, etc.    Chris is a great guy, he’s got kids.  

The purse swinging shills of Shark Arms will be along directly to respond.  For fuck sake; you’ve been ripped off.   Good times.
View Quote

You threatened a chargeback in your request to return email.  I’m not sure how much more unhinged you could be in starting that process.  I don’t think anyone has taken Sharks side since your last freak out.  It seems like you got issues to work out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:I don’t think anyone has taken Sharks side since your last freak out.  It seems like you got issues to work out.
View Quote

I'll take the Shark's side for this week then- dab of JB weld and move on... or you have a cool new wind chime.

No biggie.

As for dude's obvious psych issues? Check out where he's posting from...
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#49]
There are now new black A1 uppers on sharks site listed as blems
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#50]
"
Quoted:
There are now new black A1 uppers on sharks site listed as blems
View Quote

Now to be clear, I should of did this last time, which I did let everyone know that the sight needed adjustment,  but let's get into that a bit more. IM GOING TO SELL THESE AS BLEMS AND AS-IS  The sight pocket is a bit low, you will need to make a small shim, it's just a little piece of cardboard thin and about the size of your smallest fingernail,  so it doesn't take much. You can also bend that leaf spring. Bottom line it's a very easy fix, there are none of these around it amazed me anyone could complain, I guess if you don't know how to work on guns that can be somewhat complicated?"

A1 UPPER RECEIVERS "BLEM" ONLY 225.00 SH VERY SMALL QUANTITY IN STOCK SOLD AS-IS TYPE 3 HARDCOAT ANODIZED IN BLACK THIS TIME.

Pics of non issue blem "unbranded uppers". No mention of Colt this round.

Classy.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top