Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 85
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cinderdog:
Lowers aren’t much good if they don’t offer stripped uppersnot buying any more till they start selling uppers ,kind of sad the way there doing this
View Quote

I got a blem slickside upper last week so I can escape from New York.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinderdog] [#2]
Ya I got 1 ,it’s almost like there making meme lowers ,different engravings of models H@R never even made ,offer stripped uppers so people who bought the lowers can build them
Out otherwise there kinda worthless
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Random question... are all these new H&R lowers roll marked, or are some engraved? I see some photos that would make me think they’re being made in both styles.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Lowers aren’t much good if they don’t offer stripped uppersnot buying any more till they start selling uppers ,kind of sad the way there doing this
View Quote

Then don't buy anything.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Trunkmonkey4:
Random question... are all these new H&R lowers roll marked, or are some engraved? I see some photos that would make me think they’re being made in both styles.
View Quote

none are roll-marked.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:24:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinderdog] [#6]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

Then don't buy anything.
View Quote

Thanks for giving me permission to do what I want ! If I need more advice from you I’ll reach out and ask you
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Then don't buy anything.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:50:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you guys think Mike has to do anything for us? Be grateful he has a presence on here and gives us a heads up when things are coming down the pipeline. Don’t shit on the man who is hooking us up and making our retro wants a reality.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks for giving me permission to do what I want ! If I need more advice from you I’ll reach out and ask you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Then don't buy anything.

Most of us wish he would give you permission to stop whining in this thread too.

Please reach out to him for advice, you need it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:35:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunkmonkey4] [#10]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

none are roll-marked.
View Quote

My 635 lower begs to differ.

If it ain’t, this is some fine laser work.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Ooooooohhhhhh really?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmwguy] [#13]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#14]
Ordered one to see the color match to an old Eagles Arms gray/green lower from back when they offered both black and gray. Shipping sucked at 17 dollars to go 55 78 miles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah the shipping kept me out this time.
Did just pick up my grey A2 right now though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got a 1/12 A1!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
What is up with their shipping??? I just got ammo from them and it was 9 bucks to ship. But an upper is 17?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FreakSe7en:
What is up with their shipping??? I just got ammo from them and it was 9 bucks to ship. But an upper is 17?
View Quote

It would be really freakin' cool if PSA found it in their eternal mercy on us nerds to offer an ARFCOM shipping discount since they know we're gonna snap up every single thing @mike_nds drops before the rest of the world even knows that it exists...
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jimmyspinn] [#19]
@mike_nds - any plan of something like this being in the pipeline?

Edit - specifically, top charging proto style.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
The 635 9mm lowers are roll marked.

Different vendor.
View Quote

Neat. Very good job on everything so far.

Really looking forward to some A2 action
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Not even on the radar
View Quote

How about some H&R swag?  T-shirts?  I can pretty much guarantee you'd sell about 250 on each one of these threads and another 250 on r/gafs...
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mikeoutwest] [#23]
PSA
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Any plans for the 605 uppers with the shaved FA?  I'd buy several.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By j3_:
Ordered one to see the color match to an old Eagles Arms gray/green lower from back when they offered both black and gray. Shipping sucked at 17 dollars to go 55 miles.
View Quote

adult sig is $6.95 and base UPS rate is like $10.  Now, why you get charged 2x that when you order two of an FFL required item...that's what sucks.  Especially when net weight is like ounces
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mikeoutwest:

I could go for an H&R Baseball type hat.   Be careful on the style!     I really like the one I got from LaRue Tactical, but the  hats I got from Ruger make me look like Elmer Fudd.    A Ruger Rep. gave me the two hats (free) but I did buy three Ruger firearms that day, so it’s a wash.   H&R did include an H&R sticker in the Box with my slick side uppers.    It’s kind of basic, plain & simple, but it’s okay.    I have my tool and spare parts tubs covered with stickers from various manufacturers.    I’m sure I’m not the only guy that does that.
View Quote

An H&R trucker hat would be the shiz.  Black with silver embroidery and then a Vietnam era Tigerstripe with gold embroidery.  Or And H&R velcro patches the same size at the sticker we all have at least a dozen of.

My wife called me out and said I really don't like guns; I just have a very expensive sticker and patch habit with a gun side effect.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#27]
Originally Posted By PGT_0673:

adult sig is $6.95 and base UPS rate is like $10.  Now, why you get charged 2x that when you order two of an FFL required item...that's what sucks.  Especially when net weight is like ounces
View Quote

Is a stripped upper not something that requires a signature. Maybe I'll get a fancy foam lined box or something.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Is a stripped upper not something that requires a signature. Maybe I'll get a fancy foam lined box or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PGT_0673:

I was surprised to find out they charge shipping to their own stores.  Not complaining, just doesn’t make sense to me.  You’d think a $1300 rifle transferred to their own store would have free shipping.  I was happy to pay it though.  Been waiting to get this rifle for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Gray M4 uppers? Oh man am I getting some ideas!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]

They were a painfully slow seller at NoDak, so not anytime soon.
View Quote

Think I got one of the last ones back in the day.  Can't find the parts I think I need to finish it.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, I wish I had bought several of those when they were available.!
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I had an original Colt 605 one at the time so I wasn't interested at the time. I've sense gotten rid of the original and tried finding some remakes and regret not buying some when NoDak had them available. I'd buy at least a couple if they were available again.

Sarge
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DitchDr:
Finally got a 1/12 A1!!!
View Quote

From PSA? When?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SISTIM7:

From PSA? When?
View Quote
XM16E1 complete rifles were available on the afternoon of the 17th.

Originally Posted By bmwguy:
Gray stripped H & R upper just dropped.

Totally caught off guard on this one.  

No carry handle and it's the M4 model.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-stripped-m4-upper-receiver-gray.html

Blem XM16E1 rifle also hit:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-blem-complete-xm16e1-rifle-w-gi-quality-stock-premium-handguard-1-12-gray.html
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jimmyspinn:
How about some H&R swag?  T-shirts?  I can pretty much guarantee you'd sell about 250 on each one of these threads and another 250 on r/gafs...
View Quote

I'd be in for hats. Maybe some shirts depending on what they looked like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GrimesSU:
Picked up one of the H&R Chrome Retro BCG's.

Looks pretty good overall, but the chrome is a bit too 'matte', as compared to original chrome BCG's.

Though I think the gas rings for the bolt are a bit out of spec or were stretched when the bolt was assembled. The bolt head is extremely tight moving back/forth, and it takes A LOT of force/wiggling to insert the bolt head into the carrier. Was worried I was gonna snap a gas ring.

It may just be because it is new, as this is my first 'NEW' BCG. I don't know.
View Quote

I have received several “tight” bcg’s in the past, my fix for these is to oil it good and just pull the bolt in and out slowly. Sometimes it takes a lot of this, did a couple while watching one of my favorite movies. Sometimes it took two movies to get them loose enough to just flick the bolt carrier in your hand and have the bolt come out on its own.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By grondike:
XM16E1 complete rifles were available on the afternoon of the 17th.

View Quote

Comment said A1!
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:25:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DitchDr] [#39]

From PSA? When?
View All Quotes
Finally got a 1/12 A1!!!

From PSA? When?

The 1/12 M16A1 in gray was available for maybe 2 hours on the afternoon of the 17th.  I just happened to check(as I do every day) and they showed in stock.  While I was checking out I received the in stock email so maybe they’re getting better about their timing with that.  On a side note, what’s everyone’s experience been with shipping times?  PSA has been kinda slow with my past orders, taking almost 2 weeks to have a receiver shipped to their Bluffton, SC store.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#40]

The 1/12 M16A1 in gray was available for maybe 2 hours on the afternoon of the 17th.  I just happened to check(as I do every day) and they showed in stock.  While I was checking out I received the in stock email so maybe they’re getting better about their timing with that.  On a side note, what’s everyone’s experience been with shipping times?  PSA has been kinda slow with my past orders, taking almost 2 weeks to have a receiver shipped to their Bluffton, SC store.
View Quote

Complete rifle or complete upper?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Complete rifle
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By erwinp:

View All Quotes

Something with a DOD acceptance stamp design would be cool.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Also what time and time zone in the afternoon did they pop up? What was the time on the notification?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I’d love an H&R hat.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:32:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DitchDr] [#45]

Also what time and time zone in the afternoon did they pop up? What was the time on the notification?
View All Quotes

I received the back in stock notification on May 17th at 4:21 eastern.  I think they were gone around 5:30 or 6:00
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Would definitely buy an H&R hat. That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Is the battle worn finishing service still going to be available ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#48]
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I’d love an H&R hat.
View Quote

Yes please
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Eruoen:
Would definitely buy an H&R hat. That would be sweet.
View Quote

A 2x3 inch hook/loop patch would be awesome.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top