Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 10:33:12 AM EDT
Called Indiana Army Surplus this morning to talk to Slim about retro parts. I was informed that he no longer worked there. A nice lady, Joanna,told me she had been thrust into doing what Slim did and I guess doing what she was already doing...so now she's got two jobs. She was very helpful and attentive. Man...I'm gonna miss Slim he was always good to me,sure he was good to a lot of members here. Just thought I'd pass this a long.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Time to pour some out for Slim.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Lady got thrust? Good one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Slim definitely helped out a lot of us. I enjoyed dealing with him for nearly 3 years. Always pleasant and professional. He will be missed. That said, I am sure that Joanna will be helpful as well. Maybe not as much as Slim was, but helpful nonetheless. Indiana Army Surplus is a really good source for us retro guys. At least until they have depleted their supply of original parts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yuppers, called about an order from 2 weeks ago that was AWOL; found out the bad news.  Original order was probably file 13'd on his way out the door.  Went ahead and re-ordered.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you saying Slim has passed away or is not longer working at Indiana Surplus?

Slim knew his stuff. When you called and asked for a part he knew what you were talking about. Great guy and always helpful to me. Hand picked some parts for me too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A nice lady, Joanna,told me she had been thrust into doing what Slim did and I guess doing what she was already doing...so now she's got two jobs.
View Quote
There's a lot of that going around. I'm currently working three. Every time the company loses an employee they just give the tasks to someone who already has a full plate rather than hire somebody new. Hopefully Slim simply retired or found something better and that he's okay.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you saying Slim has passed away or is not longer working at Indiana Surplus?.
View Quote
He did not die, he just quit working at the surplus store and moved on
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmmm. I csn tell you that he wasn't of retirement age. I wonder if Joeanna is Troy's wife. I know a couple times that I was up there Troy's wife was there working. I never caught her name though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm. I csn tell you that he wasn't of retirement age. I wonder if Joeanna is Troy's wife. I know a couple times that I was up there Troy's wife was there working. I never caught her name though.
View Quote
No, Joanna is just the manager
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He did not die, he just quit working at the surplus store and moved on
View Quote
That's good to hear.

I was going to call next week and ask for him and ask about a few parts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I never had the pleasure of ordering from him but have read many of people have good things to say in the past.  

Just curious, what all type of Retro parts do they usually carry there?  I hate to call and ask what all they have just to know for my next build.  But it would be nice to have a general idea of what they have in stock for future builds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Since Slim left I can’t get anyone to respond to emails.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top