Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:51 PM EDT
Putting together a collection of American service rifles and I need a representative for early M16s.  I'm not super picky about correctness.  I'm sure my collection will grow, for now I'm just looking for 20inch barrel, carry handle, triangle handguards, etc.  

What's the best/cheapest way to scratch this?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How not worried about details are you? Just curious because a have a Hybrid upper I built with a C7 receiver and triangular handguards I may be selling off soon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked mine up in the EE a while back. I believe it was just a tad over $700.It's not 100% correct but has the look.  You can put one together, just be patient. 

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
For less than $1000 you can assemble an A1 clone made almost entirely of Brownells reproduction retro parts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup.  I built mine using Brownell's parts plus a standard low-cost lower I had picked up some years ago and some used USGI furniture to make an A1-ish clone.  I think it probably cost me around $800.

Steve
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top