Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:18:04 PM EDT
As always if anyone is offended by anything or disturbed or just having a bad day.....let me know I'll remove the pic asap.
It goes without saying ...These guys are the best.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for sharing. Great pics. Fuck anyone who is offended.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The picture of the pilot standing in the door of the Loach holding the M-16 with the grenade launcher attached brought back memories. I was never in Vietnam, but I entered the military in 1975 immediately after high school. I was in the USAF and we had to qualify with the M-16. The grenade launchers we used was the old XM-148 which was issued before the 203. Seeing that reminded me of those days.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait...wait...I'm confused...how can you fight a war with your hands in your pockets and no pt belts?!?!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, thanks for the share!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Hal. That one XM177E1 looks like it has a 10.5" barrel strangely enough.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The blond! e
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the pictures.  Very nice shots, many of them new to me.

The last photo shows a soldier with a 20 rounder secured to his buttstock by a rubber band.
I haven't seen this before.  Was this common ?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I am pretty sure that's the same .50 I had in iraq
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Your welcome fellas.  I'll  try not to post repeat photos.  Hopefully I'll  have enough new ones left for another run soon.

Morg that does kinda look 10.5 ish.

Megaro I agree that's the first I've ever seen a 20 strapped to the stock in that manner too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the pictures.  Very nice shots, many of them new to me.

The last photo shows a soldier with a 20 rounder secured to his buttstock by a rubber band.
I haven't seen this before.  Was this common ?
View Quote

Helmet band, keeps magazine handy if needed. Crew Chief made sure weapons are empty before you got on his bird. Wait till somebody post the hose claps holding a flashlight to the rifle
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#12]
When I was in the RVN in 1971-1972 on some of the aircraft I flew on, there was  policy that you took the magazine out and helmet or rubber banded it to the stock and you kept the barrel pointed down at the floor.  That way they could check to make sure no mags in the gun, and the barrel was always pointed down.  When you got off the craft, you locked and loaded nd went back to war.  They didn't want locked and loaded weapons on most air craft unless you were headed into a hot LZ. Kept the idiots from shooting holes in the plane.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#13]

those are awesome pics.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Very good photos, really enjoyed them.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#15]
who could be offended?

great pics, keep em coming please, especially the girls   haha
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

those are awesome pics.

thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Great job.... Thanks for sharing!    
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#18]
That picture of those two young buck sergeants brought back some memories.  Young men barely out of high school in a brutal war expected to lead other kids in combat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got one to add that I know I posted a long time ago but, I've also got a question.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like Jay Leno (Tonight Show) spent some time in Vietnam?

Doc
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Seen this one before and thought the same thing.

Looks like he just accidentally dropped a frag. Caption should read. "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

On a serious note can anyone ID this assault vest? It's not WWII I know that.

USGI? Theater made? Sears and Roebuck?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]

When flying back to base do they have to swap helmets to keep the flags oriented correctly?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome pics!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks like he just accidentally dropped a frag. Caption should read. "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/halpark/pic24_zps87430bd4.jpg

View Quote

SRU-21/P survival vest,  early model, pre velcro closure

ETA:  I'm offended...Pabst Blue Ribbon? Where's the good beer? Officers and senior NCOs got it first?  
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/halpark/Big20Al20and20Jonesy_zpsb5311774.jpg

When flying back to base do they have to swap helmets to keep the flags oriented correctly?
View Quote

Yes that's a USAF survival vest.

The reason I posted that I would remove anything offensive or if anyone was bothered by something is because in the past some people have known the history of a particular soldier who maybe was KIA or MIA etc.  They were sensitive to the pics usage.  For example the LRRP in the hooch above was KIA Feb, 71.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
thanks for sharing. Great pics. Fuck anyone who is offended.
View Quote

ETA: Dammit! Missed out on page 2 ownage!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

ETA:  I'm offended...Pabst Blue Ribbon? Where's the good beer? Officers and senior NCOs got it first?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Echo!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh and by the way...

The pilot's hatch opens on the right side, same as the ejection port on that XM he's sporting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Great pics Hal, thanks for posting!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh and by the way...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7399/9315635373_399b4b977b_o.jpg

The pilot's hatch opens on the right side, same as the ejection port on that XM he's sporting.
View Quote

I've noticed a quite a number of pics in vintage magazines with the images reversed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The reason I posted that I would remove anything offensive or if anyone was bothered by something is because in the past some people have known the history of a particular soldier who maybe was KIA or MIA etc.  They were sensitive to the pics usage.  For example the LRRP in the hooch above was KIA Feb, 71.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/halpark/Big20Al20and20Jonesy_zpsb5311774.jpg

I don't think too many here would be offended when old pictures are posted here. I think when we post pictures here we do it with the utmost respect and admiration for the job they did.

Doc
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think too many here would be offended when old pictures are posted here. I think when we post pictures here we do it with the utmost respect and admiration for the job they did.

Doc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doc

^^ This ^^
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hal 143 is correct...it is a USAF type that was issued to Aircrew Members. Tucked away in the vest is a holster to carry the S&W revolvers we were issued.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top