Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2017 12:21:26 AM EDT
I just received in the mail the new short buffer system from Pantheon Arms.

Looks interesting: it's a hybrid spring/plunger within a shorter buffer that makes contact with the bolt carrier.

What is puzzling though is the instructions. They say to go to the Pantheon Arms website and view the installation video.

Lot's of Dolos installation videos there, but none for this buffer system (Kentri).

I'll try to get it up and working soon.

G.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go

This is not the video though, so probably not what your looking for. Either way interested in how it works out for you.  I used a similar setup back in the day from gun smoke. It didn't work well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Let us know how it runs..
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let us know how it runs..
View Quote
curious as well
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see that on Pantheon's site.  How short is the buffer tube?  I'm guessing around 4".  That would definitely be nice on a compact pistol build, but it sounds like a moderate PITA if you want to separate the upper and lower.  If functionality turns out to be good, maybe that inconvenience can be tolerated...

I went with the 7" (~6.25" external) MAS Defense buffer kit for its relatively short tube length and pistol-specific buffer length and weight.  Cutting a couple inches off that would be tough to not consider.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't see that on Pantheon's site.  How short is the buffer tube?  I'm guessing around 4".  That would definitely be nice on a compact pistol build, but it sounds like a moderate PITA if you want to separate the upper and lower.  If functionality turns out to be good, maybe that inconvenience can be tolerated...

I went with the 7" (~6.25" external) MAS Defense buffer kit for its relatively short tube length and pistol-specific buffer length and weight.  Cutting a couple inches off that would be tough to not consider.
View Quote
I believe Three inches running a 3 incher would get my pistol back under 26"
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, three inches...  I've got the rest of my parts (specifically the PSA upper/barrel) arriving Tue/Wed, so I'm still in the theoretical stage.  I figure I'll be right around 19", 20" tops, which is in the awkward range between big pistol and small (discreet) rifle bags.  Dropping that down to 16" would be sweet!

The price is very close to what I went with (MAS Defense).  Too bad the documentation on it is so sparse.  I hate it when manufacturers/sellers omit the most essential stuff people are looking at that particular product for.

The other one I know of is MVB Industries' MPK, but holy sticker shock, Batman.  And the few comments I've seen point to dubious functionality.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the MVB MPK on a 9mm pistol and the Kentri on a .223 pistol. The MVB MPK has had 100's (500+) of rounds through it without a hiccup. The Kentri has had a lot less but, it too has performed well so far. I wish the Kentri was available before I bought the MPK but, man the MPK is a work of art.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm really thinking about trying this out and cutting a blade down... or getting one of those minimalist stocks and putting it on my SBR. lemme go measure real quick... another article says 3.5" long. My 8" SBR with noveske is currently like 26" long. if it got that shorty, it would be about 21" long (which doesn't quite look like it fits in the Rush 12, unless I went with a shorter flash hider). a Law folder would get me to 18" or so, and it would fit.

Oh by the way I measured with my 11.5 with a2 flash hider and it looks like it would come in overall at about 24" I think, if anyone is curious.
hmm, decisions...
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Screw it, just put a Law folder on back order with the promo discount for 178 at Brownells. I haven't even seen them used for less than that, so what the hell. I can always cancel the order or whatever.

Not sure if I want to put it on my SBR or a pistol lower. One gives me a real stock, but the other gives me the ability to leave the state. any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By steviesterno 16:
Screw it, just put a Law folder on back order with the promo discount for 178 at Brownells. I haven't even seen them used for less than that, so what the hell. I can always cancel the order or whatever.

Not sure if I want to put it on my SBR or a pistol lower. One gives me a real stock, but the other gives me the ability to leave the state. any suggestions?
View Quote
@steviesterno16

Where did you get the promo discount?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#11]
@firemedic5586 it's on the main page. discount code NBB . it let me use it on even a back order, and says I will be charged when it ships. I figure it's worth the gamble.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@steviesterno16

Where did you get the promo discount?
View Quote
\@firemedic5586 free shipping, too
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top