Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 8:54:54 PM EDT
With more heat coming through the tube I want the toughest gas tube there is. Everything has someone making an "enhanced" version of everything. What reputable company is making a more heat resistant tougher gas tube. I plan to run an echo trigger out of my 7 inch upper so thing are going to get hot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen good things about melonited tubes.
Stuff that melts stainless, they shrug off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a Spikes Melonite in my 10.5 - not sure what difference it makes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the time when a gas tube goes, the barrel isn't far behind, and acts as a safety valve. Maybe in a pistol length system the tube will heat much faster than the barrel, due to the extreme port pressures. Don't have data on that. But you don't want a gas tube that will outlast your barrel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of the time when a gas tube goes, the barrel isn't far behind, and acts as a safety valve. Maybe in a pistol length system the tube will heat much faster than the barrel, due to the extreme port pressures. Don't have data on that. But you don't want a gas tube that will outlast your barrel.
View Quote
This. Not to mention it takes like 700+ rounds of continuous full auto torture to pop one.  

Don’t waste the money. Just get a regular gas tube. You want that to be your weakest link. Not your barrel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Meloniting a gas tube increases it's surface hardness and corrosion/ erosion resistance. It's still steel underneath. You can get an Inconel gas tube, but they're about $70.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
V7 inconel gas tube
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
V7 inconel gas tube
View Quote
just got one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

just got one.
View Quote
Damn... didn't think you'd actually spend $60 on a gas tube when I suggested it.
Then again, it's not a bad price for peace of mind.
Enjoy!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top