Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 2:39:08 PM EDT
Took my brand new 9" pistol out to the range last night for initial break-in and testing on several types of ammo I shoot regularly. Noticed some inconsistent accuracy issues and when I got home and removed the Omega suppressor all kinds of bullet frag poured out! I dont see any signs of an actual baffle strike thankfully. The carrier has copper streaks all over it and I had a blown primer inside the mag. Im going to detail clean it and test it again without the Omega (for safety) and I will use paper instead of steel targets to see if there is any key-holing or frag. I noticed the barrel was marked 1:5 twist which I thought was remarkably tight. The owners manual incorrectly lists it as 1:6. I did test it unsuppressed, with subsonic on suppressed setting and it functioned reliably to my surprise. So I already suspected the twist was raising the pressures even before I blew a primer. Anyone else seeing signs that the twist rate is to high and stripping jackets? I shoot all these loads regularly through other 300's I have but they are all 1:7 and 1:8 (1:8 seems to be the ragged edge on 220 or heavier subs, where I see tear dropped holes).
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Follow up, in case someone finds this by search. Running unsuppressed, I was unable to duplicate, so maybe it was an, "anomaly" or the back pressure blows the frag back into the receiver. Will test when I get a chance with a less fancy suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It's probably ammo related.

Post in here is you haven't already for better feedback from the guys who work at Sig-
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Sig-Rifles/45/
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok will do thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top