Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 7:55:58 PM EDT
Just got the Bushmaster 9mm C-15 pistol in and took it to the range for a run through. It was shot in both the “just out of box” stock configuration. It was also shot as a SBR with a collapsible stock added.

Ammo:
Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ, 300 rounds (up to 800 rounds now)
Winchester Ranger 147gr hollow point, subsonic, 50 Rounds
Black Hills Red box 124gr +P hollow point, supersonic, 50 rounds

Chrono:
Will test the ammo listed above Sunday.

The Gun:
Bushmaster 9mm C-15 pistol
Rock River 6-pos stock
PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle (Military type)
Colt 32 round 9mm magazines

Weight: 4lb 15oz (no magazine)
Weight: 5lb 7oz (Colt steel magazine)
Length (collapsed): 23 and 1/2 inches
Length (extended): 27 and 1/4 inches

I shot one magazine in its box stock setup. I didn’t oil the gun yet at all and still have not. I wanted to see how the gun would work with no maintenance. The gun shot fine except when I didn’t hold the gun tight and held it away from the body, it shot 3 to 4 round bursts in full auto. This happened several times in the factory pistol configuration. My only explanation was it must have somehow been “bump fired” as the recoil moved the gun in my hand. I didn’t try to explore it further as I was going to SBR it and was more concerned with its behavior with the stock added.  

So after one magazine that I shot just for you guys, I switched it to an SBR. In its SBR configuration is when I shot most of the ammo. One thing I did do is remove the M203 handguard from the front. I plan on installing the front rail that comes on the 97S pistol so I can mount a weapon light and vertical grip. So that it will look like its .223 brother in the photo. I also plan to remove the flash hider and add an AAC Navy 9mm suppressor.

Have not shot the gun for accuracy yet but will Sunday. I didn’t have an optic on the gun and was only shooting on a 25 yard range. I will say the gun was very easy to do double taps on a small steel plate at 25 yards. I had one magazine (32 rounds) were I did double taps as fast as I could and still didn’t miss the 12 inch steel plate at 25 yards. The gun is just very controllable.

I did use factory Colt 32 round 9mm magazines. That may have contributed to the reliability. It was perfect. 300 rounds of Winchester 115 grain white box, 50 rounds of Black Hills red box 124 grain +P, 50 rounds of Winchester 147 grain Ranger LE Ammo. Not one failure the whole time, all with no oil. So far I am pretty damn happy with the gun.

I’ll run the gun some more, do the velocity tests and take some more photos. These photos are just at the range, so no pretty backdrops or lighting.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome range report!

How much are the Colt mags?

Did it favor one type of ammo?

Was the stock easy to add?

I want to buy one and add an ACE SOCOM or Boom tube SMG stock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got the Bushmaster 9mm C-15 pistol in and took it to the range for a run through. It was shot in both the “just out of box” stock configuration. It was also shot as a SBR with a collapsible stock added.

not to rain on the parade as the saying goes, but you just committed a felony unless the pistol lower was already registered as an SBR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That is one SEXY 97S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you take a high res pic of how you have it set up so I could put it as my wallaper????
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]

not to rain on the parade as the saying goes, but you just committed a felony unless the pistol lower was already registered as an SBR.

In nobody-really's defense he could be a class 2 manufacturer.  He did mention something about making a sbr for a customer and delivering when his NFA papers came in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Awesome range report!

How much are the Colt mags? 32's are around $50 20's are a bit more than that

Did it favor one type of ammo?

Was the stock easy to add? if its like any other stock then the old buffer tube needs to be removed in favor of the new one

I want to buy one and add an ACE SOCOM or Boom tube SMG stock. the socom sucks big time

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In nobody-really's defense he could be a class 2 manufacturer.  He did mention something about making a sbr for a customer and delivering when his NFA papers came in.

i thought the same thing when i first read the report but im sure he knows better.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
89Saleen – Thanks I figured you guys would want to now more about the gun.  The Colt mags are about $50.00 they are steel, so they are strong and heavy. It did not favor one type of ammo that I noticed. I picked ammo that represented; range ammo, high power self defense, and subsonic offensive ammo to work with a suppressor. The stock is easy to add because the factory bolt carrier, buffer and springs were mil spec. and thus compatible with the stock. I have an ACE SOCOM but it would have to be machined to fit on the pistol lower, but it would fit on the 9mm rifle lower.

PreMed_Gunner --  WHAT A FELONY!!! HOLY CRAP!!! Ok, PreMed breath in, breath out, RELAX. You must still be in school and must be stressed out with finals. I am a class II SOT. All I have to do is fax in a form that says this is what I made. No waiting for approval.

zer04evr --- Thanks, Sure I’d love to post some nice pics for wallpaper. Give me a few days, I have the in-laws in town.

another48hrs – Thanks man, I owe you one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
89Saleen – Thanks I figured you guys would want to now more about the gun.  The Colt mags are about $50.00 they are steel, so they are strong and heavy. It did not favor one type of ammo that I noticed. I picked ammo that represented; range ammo, high power self defense, and subsonic offensive ammo to work with a suppressor. The stock is easy to added because the factory bolt carrier, buffer and springs were mil spec. and thus compatible with the stock. I have an ACE SOCOM but it would have to be machined to fit on the pistol lower, but it would fit on the 9mm rifle lower.

PreMed_Gunner --  WHAT A FELONY!!! HOLY CRAP!!! Ok, PreMed breath in, breath out, RELAX. You must still be in school and must be stressed out with finals. I am a class II SOT. All I have to do is fax in a form that says this is what I made. No waiting for approval.

zer04evr --- Thanks, Sure I’d love to post some nice pics for wallpaper. Give me a few days, I have the in-laws in town.

another48hrs – Thanks man, I owe you one.

didn't know you were a class II SOT, sorry. I just presumed based upon some of the other stupid questions that I have seen on the Full Auto sub-forum that maybe you were a person that didn't read regs and was just a normal end-user.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
That is one nice looking Rifle. Finally somebody made it look like it should. Next time I am in Arizona, depending where you are we need to hook up and let me test drive that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]
PreMed_Gunner --- It’s cool, don’t worry about it, I was just having fun with you.

Sixgun357 --- Thanks, Sure come on down, I’m in Tucson.

Have fun in the sun, come shoot my gun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
PreMed_Gunner --- It’s cool, don’t worry about it, I was just having fun with you.

That was so lame.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was so lame.

You're a poet and you don't even know it.

Seriously, those are very nice pistols/SBR's.  

So 9mm AR's are reliable with hollow-points.  I have an Uzi SBR (I had to go the long route, no faxing for me) and it can be a little finicky with HP ammo.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Nobody-Really,  those look great.  They look like they would be alot of fun to shoot.
I hope those Bushy 9mm's work out good.  I wish that they would lower their price's.

Chief
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]
that gun looks 1000x better as a SBR than it does as a pistol. Nice job.

(wish it could be a SMG -- hm, since you're a C2 SOT, maybe try that someday and let us know how it goes?)
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
nobody really,
thanks for the good report

pre-med,
its time for your meds
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, everyone. I’m happy you all like the post.

C-4 ---It does not seem to have any problems with feeding ammo, round nose, hollow point, +p, it just works great. I still have not cleaned it and I’m now up to 600 rounds. I was passing it around for everyone to shoot at the steel match today. So far it’s a perfect runner.

1NAVYCHIEF-RET – The guns are new so you are going to pay more to be the first kid on the block with one. Give it a year and when demand dies down it should cost less.

Grendel_J --- It is being registered as a SMG so it will be select fire. I am just waiting for some fire control parts as I didn’t have any lying around.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Thats my wallpaper for now (Centered picture), its from your 2 guns pic.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Friggen sweet man, sweet!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, here you go. This is just a first try I'll try to put something more artistic together.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Those little bushy's are pretty cool. Not real appealing to me, but the targeted audience is rather large for them so. I personally like the look of the aluminum over the carbon fiber.

Every SBR pic I see makes me wish I could own one in my state
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#21]
One more wallpaper.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Have you tried the bushy mags yet?

How do they work?

I'm not interested in paying $50 a mag for colt mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
The Bushmaster supplied mag looks like a Promag. I didn’t try it because I have no intention of using them. I’ll try it for you later this week. I have seen other reports from people that they work fine. I don’t want to use them because I have heard the Promag will swell if left loaded. But I guess if it’s just a range gun it will not be a problem. This gun is aimed at being a duty gun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks!

Ya, if I was going to use a 9mm Ar as a duty weapon I'd pony up for Colt's too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]
nobody-really - did you get my e-mail?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep, I got it and have replied. Let’s talk some more about what you would like.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Just got it, ISP Spam detection flagged it.  :(
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Sweet wallpaper!!!!

I am definitely SBR'ing my 97s when I get it!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sweet wallpaper!!!!

Which wallpaper did you pick? Or which one did you like best?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweet wallpaper!!!!

Which wallpaper did you pick? Or which one did you like best?

I modified the picture alittle bit to make it more visually appealling.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Great thread - Thank you for shring all of this information.

I have a couple questions:

(1)  By the looks of ti - The Bushmaster DOES NOT have any magazine block.  It lloks like it is built specifically for the Colt Pattern Magazines?  Is this correct?

(2)  ARe you aware of any other Hanfguard options for the 9MM pistol upper?  Can I interchange it with other brands etc?  I relly like your change to add the bottom rail -0 Did you just use a standard 97S Pistil Handguard?  

finally,

(3)  Would an Eotech sight co-witness with the fixed sightls on that 97S upper?

Thanks for your help.

Great thread.  I may have finally found a 9MM to SBR that works without all kinds of modifications!

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#32]
it does have a magblock but the bottom of the magwell is closed off, at least that what it looks like
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Gartchen ---- There is the equivalent to a magazine block but it is captured in the dedicated 9mm lower.

If you buy the pistol you are stuck with the Bushmaster proprietary handguard. If you want the flexability to use any after market stocks or handguards then you will want to buy the C-15 9mm FLATTOP Rifle.  

There is only one way to co-witness (ok not really co-witness but use both) the iron sight on the C-15 97 rifle or pistols with the long rail and that is with a red dot 30mm tube and a mount that allows you to see through the mount under the red dot tube. The mount was made by MOUNTING SOLUTIONS PLUS (Brownell’s #556-015-200 ).

This is the mount with a Tripower I plan to put on this C-15 9mm SBR. Plus Tridium iron sights for backup.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#34]
That's nice!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]
I had asked this in another thread and didn't get a reply.  Would that upper work on a standard SBR lower with a mag block then?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like a Colt system to me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How do they work?

I tried the Bushmaster supplied magazine (Promag) and it worked fine.  It was not a bad magazine. I have more then enough Colt magazines but maybe I’d buy a few Promag ones just to have around.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do they work?

I tried the Bushmaster supplied magazine (Promag) and it worked fine.  It was not a bad magazine. I have more then enough Colt magazines but maybe I’d buy a few Promag ones just to have around.

Cool. Thanks! How many times did you try it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
One more wallpaper.

www.doublediamondsupply.com/photos/c15sbr223_3.jpg

Thats just not right  I want one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do they work?

Just two full mags. Sorry it's not that much. But it worked perfect.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do they work?

Just two full mags. Sorry it's not that much. But it worked perfect.

Absolutely fair. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do they work?

That's very good news to hear...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Where did you get a bottom rail from
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#44]
taggage
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#45]
The bottom rail is factory from Bushmaster. If you do not have one on your gun it is available as an upgrade. Check Bushmaster’s website for more info. The Bushy 9mm pistol I have that I turned into an SBR I plan on attaching the forward lower rail.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top