User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot mine fairly often. I like it enough t keep it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
First double in quite a while.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not the cost of the AR that stops me it’s ammo.
View Quote

Ding! Ding! Ding!
I have over one hundred thousand rounds of other calibers, I’m not stocking another(expensive) one. I’ve even got two .30 cal supressors.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No never wanted one.  My son built one not sure why.  It seems to be solution to a problem we never
had.  Just shoot a AR 10
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont care for them either.

The energy argument is a boring ass tired old one. We know better but we act like energy dumps into our target and knocks it over somehow.

The 300 doesnt do enough to entice me. Whats the offer? More expensive ammo? But wait, Wolf is delivering soon!! So now I should wait for sh!t ammo that will be underpowered?

I went the evil 6.5 Grendel route and I will say that there will pretty much never be an AR caliber that will take its place in terms of general usefulness...for me. And while the Wolf ammo is ok for the 6.5 I wont shoot it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 300BLK upper, but im getting rid of it.  7.62x39 does it just as well, also works in my AKs, wont get misloaded, and im sitting on 10,000 rounds I bought at 20c/round.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
As generally popular as 7.62X39 is and the AK rifles specifically, I've never had any interest in them.  Now, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate or respect what they are and the areas in which they excel.  Just not my thing.

Same feeling about 1911's and the .45 ACP generally.  Good gun, good caliber, etc.  I see why people like them

This is why we're not all driving the same exact vehicle...riding the  same brand/type of motorcycle, picking out noses with the same technique.  We've never had so many choices, and it's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont care for them either.

The energy argument is a boring ass tired old one. We know better but we act like energy dumps into our target and knocks it over somehow.

The 300 doesnt do enough to entice me. Whats the offer? More expensive ammo? But wait, Wolf is delivering soon!! So now I should wait for sh!t ammo that will be underpowered?

I went the evil 6.5 Grendel route and I will say that there will pretty much never be an AR caliber that will take its place in terms of general usefulness...for me. And while the Wolf ammo is ok for the 6.5 I wont shoot it anymore.
View Quote

I would like to say that it depends on where you live.  But it seems like additional posters in Illinois don't find much use for it.  
I found that odd because in Illinois:
1. Silencers are not allowed.
2. SBR's not allowed unless you also have a C&R.
3. "Rifle" hunting is not allowed, only shotguns, and handguns and muzzle loaders.   "For handguns, [u]a bottleneck centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger with a case length not exceeding 1.4 inches, or a straight-walled centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger, both of which must be available as a factory load with the published ballistic tables of the manufacturer showing a capability of at least 500 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Note: There is no case length limit for straight-walled cartridges."
The rule was damn near written for .300blk pistols.  6.5G, 6.8spc, .308, 7.62x39 are all no-no's for deer hunting.

I looked at 6.5G, but I don't have any use for it.  

Unless you live someplace where you can hunt long distances, do competitions, or just like to punch paper a long ways away, what are people using the bigger, longer range calibers for?   How many home defense/self defense shooting have been beyond 100 yards?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top