Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2017 6:58:40 PM EDT
Hi All!

I am helping a friend swap the barrel on his DPMS Panther LR-308.  The orginal setup is a 16" carbine length gas system.  He swears that when he bought it years ago he swapped the plastic handguard for a AR15 drop-in quad rail.  It is a Knights Armament handguard and googling makes believe he is correct.  We are switching it to a mid-length gas system to open up barrel options.  My standard AR15 armorers wrench worked fine for removing the barrel.  I am hoping we can utilize a mid-length drop-in handguard (looking at the one from Midwest Industries) but am open to other options.  Google and forum searching gets real confusing.  There were lots of different setups it seems like.  Any input?  TIA!

-Jeff
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There are 3 different upper heights on the LR-308/AP4 series.

If you want the upper to match with a rail on the handguard, you need to find out which one it is first.

Here are the 2 different AP4 heights:

Here's the LR-308 upper:

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top