Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:25:47 PM EDT
A friend is looking to build a 6.5 and in my Google search for parts I came across Bear Creek Arsenal.  Are they worth the money? Comparable to PSA?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My recommendation is if you buy BCA, buy from a vendor with good customer service.   If you encounter a problem you'll want a vendor to take care of the issue quickly.   It's believed that Midway's AR Stoner barrels are now sourced from BCA.   A buyer needs to realize that BCA is targeting the lowest price point in the industry.   If your not interested in top accuracy and satisfied with a rack grade barrel BCA is an affordable option.   Most reviews I've read on BCA 6.5 Grendel barrels and uppers is positive.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
They sell like crazy at my shop. Customers are happy with them. Only problems I had were with one nitrided barrel. Accuracy was poor. I only sell the stainless barreled uppers now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am assuming Grendel on this, if so, look at this thread for some info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you guys. I'll have to check and see what my buddies budget is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 24" stainless upper, Pulled the barrel and put it on one of their sidecharging uppers. Thread can be found here

Finish wise, it looked great. Well, as to accuracy, I wasn't impressed. Wolf was giving me 2.4 - 3 MOA. I figured it just didn't like the cheap stuff.
Went out about a week later and went through a box of factory 123 Amax with pretty much the same results.

To BCA's credit, I called to speak with someone about it, The nice fellow told me that my results were unacceptable and immediately issued me an RMA label.
I'm swapping the barrel out for a 20" 5-R. So I'm withholding judgment until I can test that one out.

What I can say at this point is that their customer service is great
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top